Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-09-14 Origin: Site
As a Chinese saying goes ,'Two heads are better than one'. It is important to learn from industry peers and keep up with them.First day at CIM, we attend two seminars held by Leisteriz and Coperion pioneers in twin screw extruder manufacturing and benefit a lot .
• Plant size and investment
• Mass production line orientation
• Features of products expensive/abrasion/coroosive
• Process limitation-torque/volume/degassing/temp
Nanjing jieya extrusion equipment, a Chinese leading manufacturer,also provide lab service for formulation and process research. Before performing a experiment, we should keep in mind:
• Characteristic of raw materials, such as material form: pellet or powder, Bulk density, melting point
• Parameters and features of extruder: machine size
• Process conditions: speed output, temperature, Pelletizer type, feeding position, loss in weight feeder type,
• Preparation of spare part: barrel and screw configuration,l/d, OD/OI
• Cleaning work after trail
Moreover , people discuss some challenges and problem encouterd in production of compounds.
• How to improve efficiency of a extruder when making filler masterbatch?
The main challenge is powder feeding and dispersion.To solve output limitation, two solutions should may help
1.Improve feeding efficiency by improving screw speed and adopt split feeding.
2.Improve dispersion performance by optimizing screw assemble .
3.When producing PMMA pellet by water cooling strand cutting, how to reduce the dust ?
Underwater pelletizing may be a better option
Communication always brings out new idea, If you have any questions about twin screw extrusion technology , we are happy to discuss with you !