The twin screw extruder's standard equipment includes a sturdy base frame dedicated to housing the temperature control unit and oil lubrication system. The equipment features advanced control software for seamless integration into digital factories, ready for Industry 4.0, greatly improving ease of use. The following is a detailed description of the operating procedures of the twin screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
l Start up operation
l Stop the machine
Start up operation
1.Close the power main gate of the twin screw extruder.
2. Turn on the power at the operation panel: Press and hold the power button clockwise to turn and then release.
3. Set the temperature of each temperature zone: for example, a zone temperature according to the process requirements set the corresponding temperature, press the set button, and then adjust the up and down arrows to the desired temperature, press the set button.
4. Set the feeding rate: according to the process, requirements can be fed rate between 0 ~ 10 to set.
5. Set the host speed of the twin screw extruder: set the host speed between 0~30 according to the process requirements.
6. Add cooling water to the cooling tank.
7. In turn on the fan: press the operation button on the operation panel.
8. When you need to start the operation of the vacuum pump, you can start the vacuum pump.
9. Turn on the cutter switch.
1. Twin screw extruder normal stopping sequence: stop the feeder: close the vacuum line valve, open the vacuum chamber on the cover; gradually reduce the main screw speed; shut down the pelletizer and other auxiliary equipment: off the motor, each external water inlet valve.
2. Twin screw extruder emergency stop: (1) in case of an emergency need to stop the host, you can quickly press the electrical control cabinet red emergency stop button, and the host and the feed speed knob back to zero, and then the total power switch off. After eliminating the fault, you can restart the machine again in normal driving order. (2) encounter equipment automatic protection trip stop: need to set the various parameters knob to zero, and then reset the parameters, press the reset button and start the machine again.
1. The normal production of the first shift machine, be sure to first check whether the barrel, hopper seal is the original closed kind, such as changes or damage, should check the hopper, the machine inside the Jane there are no foreign objects.
2. Pay attention to the screw to start at a low speed, the air time can not exceed 3min.
3. Must pay attention to check the purity of each batch of material, do not allow any impurities mixed into the material.
4. The beginning of the material to pay attention to the first small amount, evenly added material, while paying attention to observe the current meter (torque meter) pointer changes.
For granular material, use metering to add material. When you first start to feed production, be sure to pay attention to the extruder production work overload phenomenon. After the forming die lip out of the material, and then gradually increase the screw speed as appropriate.
5. Often check the working condition of the motor carbon brush, abnormalities should be replaced or adjusted promptly.
6. The screw cleaning work is not allowed to use steel tools scraping material, the application of copper brush, shovel cleaning.
7. When the process temperature is suspected of displaying problems on the instrument, use mercury temperature, meter actual measurement of the machine Jane, and molding mold degree. Refer to the mercury temperature measured temperature, adjust the calibration instrument to show the temperature.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
The special refining effect and excellent performance of the single screw extruder have been proved in practice. Practice has proved that the reciprocating single-screw mixing extruder is a new type of plastic extrusion equipment. The emergence of single screw extruder provides a high-performance plastic processing equipment for the majority of users. Made a huge contribution to the development of the plastics industry.
What is the function of the single screw extruder operation screen?
What is the significance of the emergence of a single screw extruder?
What are the application fields of single screw extruder?
The operating panel is installed above the single screw extruder and can be rotated within 60 degrees for easy operation. There is a power indicator and emergency stop button on the right side of the touch screen. In an emergency, press the emergency stop button to stop immediately, which is used to protect the safety of the operator and the single screw extruder. The data recording, parameter setting, operation control and other operations of the entire instrument are all completed in this operation screen.
In the process of polymer processing, in order to give the polymer certain processing characteristics or to give the product specific use performance, it is often necessary to blend different polymers or blend the polymer with various additives and pigments. The single-screw extruder has the characteristics of uniform shearing, high dispersion, high filling, and stretching of the melt. And it combines the advantages of single and twin screw extruders. The unique working principle, coupled with a complete set of threaded components and supporting equipment, makes it more widely used. On a single screw extruder, it can achieve mixing, Mixing, plasticizing, dispersing, shearing, stretching, degassing, and granulation make the interface area of the melt flow in the machine far larger than the general shear flow.
The reciprocating single-screw mixing extruder is a new type of plastic mixing processing equipment, which is widely used in the filling, blending, modification, crosslinking, grafting, color masterbatch, functional masterbatch, and resistance of various plastics. Production of fuel masterbatch, conductive material, degradable masterbatch, reinforcement, toughening and other special plastic materials.
Blending different types of polymers to obtain brand new polymer alloys with specific uses.
Various mineral fillers are added to the polymer melt to make high-filling materials with excellent performance and low price.
Production of various glass fiber reinforced and flame retardant products, with the addition of glass fiber up to 50%.
It is suitable for the production of various cable sheathing materials, insulating materials, cross-linking materials, semiconductors, shielding materials, and conductive materials.
Production of thermoplastic elastomers and hot melt adhesives.
The single screw extruder is increasingly used in industrial production.Nanjing JlEYA has committed itself to offering the best-suited single screw extruders at a reasonable price, and all that is necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Twin screw extruder is developed based on the single screw extruder, which has been widely used in the molding process of extruded products because of its good feeding performance, mixing and plasticizing performance, exhaust performance, and extrusion stability. So what are the advantages of a twin screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
l Wear and tear
l Reduce production costs
l Increase output
l Improve labor efficiency
l High torque and high speed
Wear and tear
Since twin screw extruders are easy to open, the degree of wear of threaded elements and barrel bushings can be detected at any time, so that effective repair or replacement can be carried out. It is not necessary to find out only when there is a problem with the extruded product, which causes unnecessary waste.
Reduce production costs
When producing masterbatches on twin screw extruders, it's usually necessary to alter colors, and if a product amendment is critical, to open the open process space within several minutes, in addition to analyzing the mixing process by looking at the melt profile on the entire screw. The current common twin screw extruder needs to be cleared with a large amount of clearing material when changing colors, which is time consuming, power consuming, and a waste of raw material. The split twin screw extruder can solve this problem. When changing the color, it only takes a few minutes to quickly open the barrel for manual cleaning, so that no or less cleaning material can be used, saving costs.
Twin screw snack extruders use side feeding technology to improve the integrity of the material and greatly increase production. The position and shape of the feed opening also have a great influence on feeding efficiency. With the same parameters, the output increases with an increase in the feed area. A rectangular cross section has a higher feed efficiency than a circular cross section for the same inlet area. The use of side by side twin screw feeds is also based on this consideration.
Improve labor efficiency
During equipment maintenance, ordinary twin screw extruders often have to remove the heating and cooling system before the screw can be withdrawn as a whole. In contrast, the split twin screw does not need to be opened by loosening a few bolts and turning the worm gearbox handle device to lift the upper half of the barrel, and then the entire barrel can be repaired. This shortens the maintenance time and reduces the labor intensity.
High torque and high speed
At present, the event trend of twin screw extruders within the world is to develop within the direction of high torsion, high speed, and low energy consumption, and also the impact of high speed is high productivity. The split twin screw extruder belongs to the current class, and its speed will reach and five hundred revolutions per minute. Therefore, its distinctive benefits in process high viscousness and warmth sensitive materials.
In the high speed, high torque core technology, asymmetric and symmetric high torque gearbox currently only Germany and Japan related manufacturers master the core technology, its speed can reach up to 1800 rpm or more, and domestic also master this core technology, such as Nanjing JlEYA extrusion company, is also currently one of the main choices of domestic high end material processing manufacturers, belongs to the domestic independent innovation national encouragement projects.
If you want to buy twin screw extruders, you can consider our cost effective products. We insist on the tenet of "quality first, customer first" and warmly welcome new and old customers to cooperate with us.
The company focuses on twin screw extruders, micro twin screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin screw extruders, and other research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin screw mixing and extruding machine, the application range covers the mixing and modification of granulation, polymerization, deswelling, step molding, recycling, and other fields.
The plastic extruder is a common plastic machinery equipment, in the process of the daily operation of the extruder, the extruder will have a variety of failures, affecting the normal production of plastic machinery, the following we will analyze the extruder failure.
Here is the content list:
Unstable host current
The main motor can not start
The head is not discharged smoothly or blocked
The main electric starting current is too high
The main motor makes an abnormal sound
1. Production reasons.
(1) Uneven feeding.
(2) The main motor bearing of the plastic extruder is damaged or poorly lubricated.
(3) A section of the heater is out of order and does not heat up.
(4) The screw adjustment pad is not correct, or the phase is not correct, and the component interferes.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the feeder, troubleshooting.
(2) Overhaul the main motor of the plastic extruder, replace the bearings if necessary.
(3) Check whether each heater is working properly, replace the heater if necessary.
(4) Check the adjustment pad, pull out the screw to check whether there is interference with the screw.
(1) There is a mistake in the start-up procedure of the plastic extruder.
(2) The main motor thread has a problem, whether the fuse is burned ring.
(3) The main motor-related chain device to function
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the program, reboot the machine in the correct boot sequence.
(2) Check the main motor circuit.
(3) Check whether the lube oil pump of the plastic extruder is started and check the status of the chain device associated with the main motor. The oil pump is not on and the motor cannot be turned on.
(4) The inverter induction power has not been discharged. Turn off the main power and wait for 5 minutes before starting again.
(5) Check whether the emergency button is reset.
(1) A section of the heater does not work, and the material is not plasticized well.
(2) The operating temperature setting is low, or the molecular weight distribution of plastic is wide and unstable.
(3) There may be foreign substances that do not melt easily.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the heater of the plastic extruder and replace it if necessary.
(2) Verify the set temperature of each section, and if necessary, consult with the technician to increase the temperature setting.
(3) Clean and check the extrusion system and the head.
(1) Insufficient heating time and high torque.
(2) A section of the heater does not work.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Apply hand pan machine when starting, if not easy, extend the heating time or check whether each section heater is working properly.
1. Produced by.
(1) The main motor bearing of the plastic extruder is damaged.
(2) The main motor silicon controlled rectifier line in silicon controlled damage.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Replace the main motor bearings.
(2) Check the silicon-controlled rectifier circuit, if necessary, replace the silicon-controlled components.
Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/. If you still have questions, you can contact us on the official website.
2022 Chinese Mid-autumn festival is coming.
Jieya team wish you happy mid-autumn festival and enjoy your holiday!!
A plastic extruder performs all of the following processes through a barrel with a screw and auger channel. The plastic pellets enter the barrel through a hopper at one finish of the barrel and are then transferred through the screw to the opposite finish of the barrel. What are the working principle and molding principles of a plastic extruder? The following is a detailed description.
Here is the content list:
Pressure and shearing, etc., convert the solid plastic into a uniform and consistent melt and send the melt to the next process. The production of the melt involves processes such as mixing additives such as masterbatches, blending resins, and re-crushing. The finished melt must be homogeneous in consistency and temperature. The pressurization must be high enough to extrude the viscous polymer.
To have sufficient pressure, the depth of the threads on the screw decreases as the distance to the hopper increases. The external heating and the internal heat generated in the plastic and the screw due to friction softens and melts the plastic. The design requirements for plastic extruders often vary from polymer to polymer and from application to application. Many options involve discharge ports, multiple loading ports, special mixing devices along the screw, cooling and heating of the melt with or without an external heat source (adiabatic plastic extruders), the relative size of the gap variation between the screw and the barrel, and the number of screws. For example, twin-screw plastic extruders allow for more thorough mixing of the melt than single-screw plastic extruders. Tandem extrusion uses the melt-extruded from the first plastic extruder as feedstock for the second plastic extruder, which is typically used to produce extruded polyethylene foam.
D L the characteristic dimensions of plastic extruders are the diameter of the screw (D) and the ratio of the length of the screw (L) to the diameter D L/D (D) (L/D. Plastic extruders usually consist of at least three segments. The first section, near the L/D) filling hopper, is the filling section. Its function is to allow the material to enter the plastic extruder at a relatively smooth rate. In general, this section will be kept at a relatively low temperature to avoid clogging the charging channels. The second section is the compression section, where the melt is formed and the pressure is increased. The transition from the charging section to the compression section can be abrupt or gradual (gentle). The last half, the metering section, is adjacent to the plastic extruder outlet and its main operate is that the uniformity of the fabric flowing out of the plastic extruder. In this section, the material should have sufficient residence time to ensure uniformity of composition and temperature.
At the end of the barrel, the plastic melt leaves the plastic extruder through a head that is designed in an ideal shape for the extruded melt stream to pass through.
Another important part is the drive mechanism of the plastic extruder. It controls the rotational speed of the screw, which determines the output of the plastic extruder. The power required is determined by the viscosity (flow resistance) of the polymer. The viscosity of the polymer depends on the temperature and flow rate and decreases with increasing temperature and shear. Plastic extruders are equipped with screens that keep impurities out of the screen. To avoid downtime, the screens should be able to be changed automatically. This is especially important when processing resin with impurities, such as recycled material. The extruder's screw is divided into feeding section, plasticizing, melting section, temperature according to the process parameters of the plastic particles, the model according to the diameter of the screw 20, 36, 52, 65, 75, 95, 120, 135. Plastic particles heated by the movement of the screw to change the original state, there are many types, depending on the specific application. The capacity of the frequency conversion is proportional to the diameter of the screw and then adjusted according to the different raw materials.
The extrusion method of plastic extruders generally refers to the melting of plastic at a high temperature of about 200°C. The melted plastic is then passed through a die to form the desired shape. Extrusion molding requires a deep understanding of the characteristics of plastics and extensive experience in mold design and is a technically demanding molding method.
Extrusion molding is a method of a continuous flow of material through a die by heating and pressurizing in an extruder, also known as "extrusion molding". Compared with other molding methods, it has the advantages of high efficiency and low unit cost.
Extrusion is mainly used for molding thermoplastics, but it can also be used for some thermosets. Extruded products are continuous profiles, such as tubes, rods, wires, sheets, films, wire, and cable cladding, etc. In addition, it can also be used for mixing, plasticizing and granulating, coloring, blending, etc. plastics.
The extruded products can be called "profiles", which are also called "profiles" because of their irregular cross-sectional shape.
Nanjing Team sincerely invite you to attend The 15th China Chongqing Rubber, Plastics Industry Exhibition.
Our booth no.: S2544
Time: May 27-30, 2021
Address: Chongqing International Expo Center
Wish to meet you at there ;)
The basic mechanism of the twin screw extrusion process is simply that a screw rotates in the barrel and pushes the plastic forward. The screw structure is a bevel or ramp wrapped around a central layer, the purpose of which is to increase the pressure to overcome the higher resistance. What do I need to pay attention to when using a twin screw extruder? The following is a detailed description.
Here is the content list:
l Structural principles
l Temperature principles
l Speed reduction principle
For the extruder, there are three kinds of resistance to overcome when working: one is friction, which contains the friction of the solid particles (feed) on the barrel wall and the mutual friction between them during the first few turns of the screw (feed area); the second is the adhesion of the melt on the barrel wall, and the third is the resistance of the internal logistics of the melt when it is pushed forward.
According to Newton's theorem, if an object is at rest in a certain direction, then the object is in a state of equilibrium balance of forces in this direction. For the circumferential movement of the screw, it is no axial motion, that is, the axial force on the screw is in equilibrium. So if the screw exerts a large forward thrust on the plastic melt, it also exerts a backward thrust on another object of the same magnitude but in the same direction. The thrust is exerted on the thrust bearing behind the feed opening. Most single screws have right hand threads, and if viewed from the back, they rotate backward, and they spin backward out of the barrel by rotational motion. In some twin screw extruders, however, the two screws rotate backward and cross each other in both barrels, so one must be right handed and one left handed, and in the case of an occluding twin screw, both screws rotate in the same direction and must therefore have the same orientation. However, in either case, there are thrust bearings that withstand backward forces and still comply with Newton's theorem.
Plastics extruded by twin screw extruders are thermoplastics, which melt when heated and solidify again when cooled. Thus, heat is needed during the extrusion process to ensure that the plastic can reach the melting temperature. So where does the heat to melt the plastic come from? First of all, the pound feed preheat and barrel/die heaters may play a role and are very important at startup. In addition, the motor feed energy, the frictional heat generated in the barrel as the motor overcomes the resistance of the viscous melt and turns the screw, is the most important heat source for all plastics, except for small systems, low speed screws, high melt temperature plastics, and extrusion coating applications. In operation, it is important to recognize that the barrel heater is not the primary heat source and that it may play a smaller role in extrusion than we might expect. The post barrel temperature is more important because it affects the rate of solids transport in the dentition or feed. In general, except for a specific purpose (such as varnishing, fluid distribution, or pressure control), the die head and die temperature should be at or near the temperature required for the melt.
In most twin screw extruders, the screw speed is varied by adjusting the motor speed. The drive motor usually turns at a full speed of about 1750 rpm, which is too fast for an extruder screw. If it turns at such a fast speed, too much frictional heat is generated and a uniform, the well mixed melt cannot be prepared because the retention time of the plastic is too short. A typical speed reduction ratio should be between 10:1 and 20:1, with either a gear or pulley set for the first stage, but with a gear and a screw positioned in the center of the last large gear for the second stage. For some slow running machines (eg. twin screws for UPVC), there may be three reduction stages and the maximum speed may be as low as 30 rpm or less (ratio up to 60:1). On the other hand, some very long twin screws for mixing can run at 600 rpm or faster, thus requiring a very low reduction rate and more deep cooling. If the reduction rate is incorrectly matched to the job, too much energy will be wasted. It may be necessary to add a pulley set between the motor and the first deceleration stage where the maximum speed is changed, which either increases the screw speed even beyond the previous limit or reduces the maximum speed. This increases the available energy, reduces the current value, and avoids motor failure, in both cases, the output may increase due to the material and its cooling needs.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Nanjing JlEYA is the leading professional manufacturer of twin screw extruders in China.