Jieya team wish you have a nice holiday :)
(Nanjing Jieya is a professional manufacturer of twin screw compounding extruders with 20+ years experience and competitive price. We look forward to receive your inquiry.)
The single screw extruder is mainly composed of 3 parts: extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed introduction to the basic structure of the single screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling system
The main role of the extrusion system of the single-screw extruder is to melt and plasticize the polymer material to form a uniform melt, to realize the transformation from the glassy state to the viscous flow state. And in this process to establish a certain pressure, by the screw continuous extrusion delivery to the head die. Thus, the extrusion system plays an important role in the molding quality and output of the extrusion process.
The extrusion system mainly includes the feeding device, screw, and barrel, which is the most critical part of the extruder, of which the screw is the heart of the extruder, the material through the rotation of the screw in order to move in the barrel and get pressurized and part of the heat.
The drive system of a single screw extruder is usually composed of a motor, reducer, and bearing, whose role is to drive the screw and supply the torque and torque required by the screw in the extrusion process. During the extrusion process, the screw speed is required to be stable and does not change with the change of screw load to ensure the uniform quality of the product. However, in different situations, the screw is required to be able to achieve variable speed in order to achieve a machine that can adapt to the requirements of extruding different materials or products of different shapes. In most extruders, the change of screw speed is achieved by adjusting the motor speed. The drive system of the single-screw extruder is also equipped with a good lubrication system and a device for rapid braking.
The heating and cooling system of a single screw extruder consist of a heating device and cooling device, which are necessary for the extrusion process to be carried out smoothly. The heating and cooling devices must ensure that the polymer materials are melted and plasticized and the temperature conditions during the molding process meet the process requirements.
The cooling device is generally set up in the extruder barrel, screw and hopper bottom, and other parts. Barrel cooling can be water-cooled or air-cooled, air-cooled is generally used for small and medium-sized single-screw extruders; large single-screw extruders are mostly water-cooled or a combination of the two forms. The cooling device at the bottom of the hopper is mainly to strengthen the solid material conveying effect, to prevent the material particles from becoming sticky due to the heating, blocking the material mouth and thus affecting the feeding. Generally, for extruders with a screw diameter of 90mm or more and high-speed extruders, a cooling device must be installed at the bottom of the hopper.
Our company focuses on twin-screw extruders, micro twin-screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin-screw extruders, and other kinds of research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin-screw compounding extruder. If you still want to know more, you can consult our company.
In terms of the principle of motion, there are different types of twin-screw extruderswith isotropic and anisotropic meshing and non-meshing types. So what are the types of twin-screw extruders? And what are the application areas? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
l Isotropic twin-screw extruder
l Anisotropic twin-screw extruder
l Non-Engaging Twin-Screw Extruders
l SHJ-20 twin-screw laboratory extruder
l Application areas
These extruders are available at low and high speeds, the former mainly for profile extrusion, while the latter is used for special polymer processing operations.
(1) Close-meshing extruder. Low-speed extruders have a closely meshed screw geometry, where the profile of one screw is closely matched to the profile of the other screw, i.e., a conjugate screw profile.
(2) Self-cleaning extruder. High-speed co-rotating extruders have a closely matched screw-prong profile. This screw can be designed to have a fairly small screw gap so that the screw has a closed self-cleaning effect, this twin-screw extruder is called a tight self-cleaning co-rotating twin-screw extruder.
The tightly meshed anisotropic twin-screw extruder has a small gap between the two screw grooves (much smaller than that in a co-engaged twin-screw extruder) so that a positive conveying characteristic can be achieved.
The center distance between the two screws of a non-engaging twin-screw extruder is greater than the sum of the radii of the two screws.
It is suitable for universities, colleges, and scientific research laboratories for process and formula development, etc. It has the features of beautiful appearance, compact structure, easy to use and maintain, and precise control of process conditions. Gearbox homemade torque level: T/A3≤8 national standard main parts, twin-screw extruder new structure design, and hardened gear teeth of high precision grinding, to ensure that the gearbox works efficiently for a long time. Screw self-made: Screw elements with tightly meshed design, block type, can be easily replaced to suit different materials. Barrel captive: The precision grade of the twin-screw extruder can reach T6， favorable to energy saving, and the block type design makes various combinations possible.
The two main areas of application of twin-screw extruders are extrusion of thermosensitive materials such as PVC pipes and profiles and processing of special polymers such as blending, venting, chemical reactions, etc. Twin-screw extruders for profile extrusion have intermeshing screw ribs and grooves and operate at a low speed of about 10/min or less. Compared to single screws, twin-screw extruders have much better feeding and conveying performance, especially for those difficult to feed and easy to slip, such as fibrous, powdery, and greasy materials. The short and uniform material retention time, better mixing, and larger heat transfer area allow for good material temperature control, which is especially important for processing heat-sensitive materials.
If you want to buy a twin-screw extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products.
Nanjing JlEYA is the leading manufacturer extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, mini twin screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China, which is widely used in compounding, modification, polymerization, devolatilization, reaction, recycling, After 17 years of development, now we have 20,000 square meters workshop with annual sales over 300+ sets, export over 60 countries.
Nanjing JIEYA attend Chinaplas 2021 held in Shenzhen. We sincerely welcome your visiting.
Our booth no.: 7Q25
Time: April 13-16, 2021
Address: Shenzhen World Exhibition Center
Look forward to meet you at there.
The composition of the single screw extruder: mainly consists of servo motor, reduction box, screw cylinder, nozzle head, filter air, heating and cooling system, touch screen, and SPS control. It is the extrusion host to form.
What are the reasons why the main engine of the single screw extruder cannot be started and the solutions?
What are the reasons and solutions for the high inlet flow of the single screw extruder?
What is the design concept of the single screw extruder?
(1) The driving program of the single screw extruder is wrong.
(2) There is a problem with the main engine thread and whether the fuse is blown.
(3) The locking device for the single screw extruder and the main engine works.
(1) Check the program of the insert extruder and restart in the correct order.
(2) Check the main engine circuit.
(3) Check whether the lubricating oil pump has started and check the status of the locking device concerning the main engine. The oil pump cannot be turned on and the engine cannot be turned on.
(4) The inverter has not discharged the induction current, turn off the main power supply and wait five minutes before starting.
(5) Check if the emergency button of the single screw extruder has been reset.
1. Reasons: (1) The single screw extruder has an insufficient heating time and a large torque. (2) A certain section of the heating does not work.
2. Treatment method: (1) Use the handwheel when driving the single screw extruder. If it is not easy, extend the heating time or check that the heaters of the individual sections work properly.
The main engine makes an abnormal noise:
1. Reasons: (1) Main engine stock damaged. (2) A specific SCR in the SCR DC power supply of the main engine is damaged.
2. Treatment method: (1) Replace the main engine stock of the single screw extruder. (2) Check the thyristor alignment and replace the thyristor component if necessary.
1. High-speed and high-Yield extrusion based on high quality.
2. The design concept of low-temperature plasticization ensures the extrusion of high-quality products.
3. The two-stage overall design of the single screw extruder reinforces the plasticization function to ensure the adjustment of the high-performance extrusion.
4. Special barrier, comprehensive mixing design to ensure the mixing effect of materials.
5. High torque drop, extra-large pressure bearing.
6. Gears and shafts are made of high-strength alloy steel, cooled, and chipped.
7. High hardness, high finish, extremely quiet.
8. PLC-intelligent control can realize the connection between main and auxiliary machines.
9. The easy-to-monitor human-machine interface makes it easy to understand the processing and machine status.
10. The control method (temperature device) can be changed if necessary.
11. The material is 38CrMoAL/A nitric treatment, wear-resistant.
12 Strict temperature control accuracy, combined with air cooling and water cooling.
13. The single screw extruder has a unique inlet design and complete water cooling.
14. An single screw extruder with a grooved surface of the lower shell has an improved feed function that guarantees a high speed and a high yield of extrusion.
The single screw extruder is increasingly used in industrial production.Nanjing JlEYA has committed itself to offering the best-suited single screw extruders at a reasonable price, and all that is necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
The single-screw extruder has a simple design and a low price, so it is widespread and demand on the market was high.
What are the application areas and benefits of single-screw extruders?
What is the development history of the single-screw extruder?
What are the main technical parameters of the single-screw extruder?
The single-screw extruder is mainly used for extruding soft and hard polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, and other thermoplastic. It can process a variety of plastic products such as films, tubes, plates, tapes, etc., can also be used for granulation.
The single-screw extruder is characterized by advanced design, high quality, good plasticization, and low energy consumption. It uses an evolutionary drive that is characterized by low noise development, stable operation, high load capacity, and long service life.
The single-screw extruder is one of the most important devices for the processing of plastic molding parts. It uses external energy transfer and heat transfer of external heating elements to carry out the transport of plastics solids, compaction, melting, shielding, and extrusion forms.
Since the birth of the snail extruder, it has evolved from an ordinary snail extruder to a new type of snail extruder after almost a hundred years of development. Although there are many types of new single-screw extruders, the extrusion machine is the same.
The extrusion process of the traditional snail extruder is realized by heating outside the cylinder, solid and cylinder, snail friction, and melting shear force.
"friction coefficient" and "friction force", "viscosity" and "shear tension" are the main factors influencing the performance of conventional screw extruders. The extrusion process from the machine is unstable and difficult to control, especially for some heat-sensitive plastics with poor thermal stability and high viscosity.
1. Screw diameter: refers to the diameter of the outer circle of the screw, marked with D, and the unit is millimeter (mm).
2. Proportion of screw length to diameter: refers to the ratio of the length L of the working part of the screw (the length of the threaded part, i.e. the length from the center line of the feed opening to the end of the screw) and the screw diameter D, expressed by L/D.
3. Snail speed range: refers to the highest speed of the snail up to the lowest speed of the snail; n is used to represent the speed of the snail, and the unit is revolutions per minute (U/min).
4. The power of the main screw drive engine: expressed by P, the unit is kilowatt (kW).
5. Heating performance of the extruder cylinder: expressed by E is the unit kilowatt (kV).
6. The output capacity of the extruder: expressed by Q, the unit is kilogram per hour (kg/h).
7. The height of the extruder rim: refers to the distance from the center line of the screw to the ground, expressed by H, and the unit is millimeters (mm).
8. Extruder outer dimensions: refers to total length (x) total width (x) total height expressed by L x B x H, and the unit is millimeters or meters (m m or m)
9. Extruder quality: expressed in W, the unit is kilogram or tonne (kg or t).
We can see the huge role that single-screw extruders play in the production industry, and they have become indispensable components. And Nanjing JlEYA a Chinese pioneer in single-screw extruder production,has committed to providing the most suitable single-screw extruder at a reasonable price, and whatever it takes to satisfy the customer’s needs.
underwater pelletizing machine is similar to airflow granulator and water jet granulator. The equipment part mainly covers: plastic granulator, single and twin screw plastic extruder, plastic film blowing machine, bag making machine, printing machine, coating machine, Adhesive tape machine, tape slitting machine, slitting machine, strapping machine.
What is the problem of uneven pelletizing by the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the workflow of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the technological advantages of the underwater pelletizing machine?
1. underwater pelletizing machine, the machine head is not evenly heated, and the machine head temperature is stable before starting up;
2. The cooling water of the underwater pelletizing machine is boiled prematurely, and the water should be boiled when the machine head starts to discharge;
3. It is also possible that there is a problem with the hot runner design of the machine head, which is caused by uneven pressure.
Before being made into final products, most polymers must be blended and then pelletized to become marketable raw materials. The power required by the underwater pelletizing machine is directly proportional to the extrusion volume and exponentially related to the size of the filter screen. There are many different types of pelletizer designs, but all pelletizers have some common places, and they can be divided into two categories: cold pelletizing system and die face hot pelletizing system. The main difference between the two categories is the time arrangement of the pelletizing process. The cold pelletizing system cuts pellets from the solidified polymer at the end of the process; while in the die-face hot pelletizing system, pellets are cut when the molten polymer emerges from the die, and pellets are processed downstream cool down.
The underwater pelletizing machine treated by standard process has the following significant advantages:
The appearance standard of the products produced by the underwater pelletizing machine is exquisite and bright;
2. The hardness of the wear layer in contact with the material by the underwater pelletizing machine can reach HV 600-800, and the local hardness can reach HV900-1100. The hardness is increased to 2-4 times the original hardness. Compared with the non-standard machine without heat treatment, it is resistant to The wear performance is increased by 3-5 times;
3. The products of the underwater pelletizing machine are not deformed after long-term use, effectively avoiding the screw breaking due to the excessive wear of the barrel, and the stable service life is 2-3 times that of the traditional machine, which greatly reduces the investor's investment in replacement parts;
4. The wear-resistant layer of the barrel screw produced by the underwater pelletizing machine has high hardness, while the base material still retains good toughness and processing performance;
5. The service life of the screw of the underwater pelletizing machine has increased from the hundred-ton level of the ordinary plastic pelletizing machine to the thousand-ton level.
Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the production and development of underwater pelletizing machines for several years, and they have always put the needs of customers as their top priority. Here, you can choose the underwater pelletizing machine that suits your need.
PVC compounding extruder is made by mixing PVC resin with stabilizers, lubricants, and other additives through granulation and then extrusion, or by using powder in one extrusion. what are the application areas of PVC? The following are the details.
Here is the content list:
General soft products
PVC foam products
PVC coated products
PVC paste resin
PVC transparent sheet
PVC rigid sheet
Other applications of PVC
General soft products can be extruded into cables, wires, and hoses by the extruder: shoe soles, slippers, various plastic sandals, as well as toys and auto parts by the injection molding machine with various molds.
PVC film After mixing and plasticizing PVC with additives, transparent or colored film of specified thickness can be made by using a three-roller or four-roller calendar, and calendered film can be processed by this method. It can also be cut and heat laminated to process raincoats, tablecloths, curtains, packaging bags, inflatable toys, etc. The wide transparent film can be used for greenhouse, plastic shed, and ground film; the film stretched in both directions can be used for shrink packaging due to its characteristics of shrinkage by heat.
Soft PVC can be used as sandals, insoles, foam slippers, and shockproof and cushioning packaging materials. In addition, it can also be extruded into low-foaming hard PVC sheets and profiles by extruder, which is a new type of building material and can be used as a substitute for wood.
Artificial leather with backing is made by coating PVC paste on cloth or paper and then plasticizing it at 100 degrees Celsius or above (or PVC and additives can be calendered into film and then pressed together with backing); while artificial leather without backing is directly calendered by calender into soft sheet with a certain thickness and then pressed with the pattern. It can be used to make leather bags, leather boxes, book covers, sofas, and car cushions, etc. It can also be made into flooring leather, which is used as the flooring material for buildings.
PVC emulsion or micro-suspension resin is dispersed in a liquid plasticizer to make it swell and plasticize into the plasticized sol, and then add stabilizer, filler, coloring agent, etc. After full stirring for de-bubbling, PVC paste is prepared, and then processed into various products such as coat hangers, tool handles, Christmas trees, etc. by casting, impregnating, or laminating processes.
Impact modifier and organotin stabilizer are added to PVC, which is mixed, plasticized, and calendered into transparent sheets. Then it can be made into thin-walled transparent containers by thermoforming and can be used for vacuum blister packaging such as moon cake boxes, etc. It is an excellent packaging material and decoration material.
PVC hard sheet and plate After adding stabilizer, lubricant, and filler to PVC and mixing, it can be extruded into various caliber hard pipes, shaped pipes, corrugated pipes, and other products by using an extruder, and used as a downpipe, drinking water pipe, electric wire casing or staircase handrail, etc.; the calendered sheet can be overlapped and hot-pressed to make various thicknesses of hard sheets, which can be cut into various desired shapes and can be welded into various chemical resistant tanks, ducts and containers by using PVC welding rod with hot air, etc.
PVC can be processed into rigid profiles using an extruder and used for window and door assembly. In some countries, the doors and windows assembled by PVC rigid profile have occupied the market of windows and doors together with wooden windows and doors, aluminum windows, etc.
If you want to buy PVC compounding extruder, you can consult our company, our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/