The main machine of the plastic extruder is the extruder, which is composed of an extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed description of the composition of the plastic extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling device
A homogeneous melt is plasticized bypassing the plastic through the extrusion system, which consists of a screw, barrel, hopper, head, and die.
The function of the drive system is to drive the screw, supplying the torque and speed required by the screw during the extrusion process, usually consisting of an electric motor, reducer, and bearings.
The manufacturing cost of the reducer is roughly proportional to its size and weight, provided that the structure is the same. Because the shape and weight of the reducer are large, it means that more materials are consumed in the manufacturing, and the bearings used are also larger, which increases the manufacturing cost.
For a similar screw diameter extruder, the high speed and high potency extruder consume additional energy than the traditional extruder, the motor power is doubled, and also the reducer seat range is raised consequently is critical，however a high screw speed means that an occasional reduction magnitude relation. For the same size reducer, the gear modulus of the low reduction ratio increases compared to the large reduction ratio, and the capacity of the reducer to bear the load also increases. Therefore, the rise in volume and weight of the reducer isn't linearly proportional to the rise in motor power. If the extrusion volume is employed because of the divisor and dividend by the burden of the reducer, the high speed and high potency extruder can have a smaller range and the normal extruder will have a larger number.
In terms of unit output, the small motor power and the small weight of the reducer of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder means that the manufacturing cost per unit output of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder is lower than that of the normal extruder.
Heating and cooling are necessary to enable the plastic extrusion process to proceed.
(1) Extruders usually use electric heating, which is divided into resistance heating and induction heating, with heating sheets installed in each part of the body, neck, and head. The heating device heats the plastic inside the barrel from the outside to warm it up to the temperature required for the process operation.
(2) The cooling device is installed to ensure that the plastic is in the temperature range required for the process. Specifically, it is to exclude the excess heat generated by the shear friction of the rotating screw to avoid the plastic from decomposing, scorching, or shaping difficulties due to the high temperature. Barrel cooling is divided into two kinds of water-cooled and air-cooled, generally small and medium-sized extrusion machine using air-cooled is more appropriate, large is more water-cooled or a combination of two forms of cooling; screw cooling is mainly used in the center of water-cooled, the purpose is to increase the rate of solid material delivery, stabilize the amount of rubber, while improving product quality; but the cooling at the hopper, one is to strengthen the role of solid material delivery, to prevent the plastic grain sticky blockage because of the heating the second is to ensure the normal work of the transmission part.
If you are engaged in the industry related to the extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products. Our company is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China.
The Underwater pelletizing machine cuts pellets on the plastic steel ejection surface without centrifugal action to eject them, but direct water pressure flows through the nozzle surface to drain.
What is contained in the extrusion system of the Underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the use of the Underwater pelletizing machine?
What are the causes and solutions for the high melting of the Underwater pelletizing machine?
The extrusion system includes a snail, a cylinder, a funnel, a nozzle, and a nozzle. Through the extrusion system, the plastic is plasticized into a uniform melt and continuously extruded by the screw under the resulting pressure.
(1) Screw: It is the most important part of the Underwater pelletizing machine. It is directly related to the scope and productivity of the extruder. It consists of high-strength corrosion-resistant alloy steel.
(2) Cylinders: The cylinder is a metal cylinder that is generally made of alloy steel or composite steel tubes clad with alloy steel, heat resistant, high-pressure resistant, strong, wear-resistant, and corrosion-resistant. The cylinder and the screw are matched to each other to realize the crushing, grinding, melting, plasticization, suction, and compaction of the plastic as well as the continuous and uniform supply of the rubber material to the molding system. In general, the barrel length of an Underwater pelletizing machine is 15-30-fold its diameter, so that the plastic is completely heated and plasticized.
Underwater pelletizing machines can be used for chemical fertilizers, white soot, inorganic salts, chlorinated isocyanic acid, bleaching powder, pesticides, oxides, etc. as well as for industrial recycling dust: such as cast iron dust, lead, zinc, aluminum dust, converter dust, filter dust, grinding dust, etc. The material is forced to be pressed and molded by mechanical pressure without adding a net, and the purity of the product is guaranteed. The process process process is short, energy consumption is low, and performance high. The dry powder is directly granulated without a subsequent drying process, which is more conducive to the connection and transformation of the existing production process. The granular strength is high and the increase in bulk density is more significant than in other granulation processes. The Underwater pelletizing machine is particularly suitable for occasions to increase the specific weight of the product collection. The operating flexibility is great, the range of applications is wide and the crushing force can be adjusted by hydraulic pressure.
Causes analysis: high filter masks, low melting index of polypropylene powder and high feed volume, low temperature of each section of the Underwater pelletizing machine results in the material being incompletely melted, and a low opening rate of the template impede the extrusion of the nozzle head material, etc. The reasons may cause the melting pressure to be too high.
Solution: If the Underwater pelletizing machine produces products with a low melting index, a filter with a low mesh width should be used and the throttle opening should be enlarged to reduce backpressure; the filter should be replaced in time and the quality of different additives and polypropylene powder should be monitored. Contains medium ash. Reduce the feed load. Without compromising the quality of the extruded product, increase the temperature of each section of the cylinder to increase the temperature of the polypropylene melt and increase the flow capacity of the material. After the extruder has been stopped, increase the temperature of the head of the Underwater pelletizing machine and keep it at a constant temperature for a while and rinse and then thoroughly clean the template.
The underwater pelletizing machine have been used in many fields Nanjing JlEYA maintains close relationships with customers in underwater pelletizing machine industry, and is committed to strengthening production and operation, improving quality and safety.
underwater pelletizing machine is similar to airflow granulator and water jet granulator. The equipment part mainly covers: plastic granulator, single and twin screw plastic extruder, plastic film blowing machine, bag making machine, printing machine, coating machine, Adhesive tape machine, tape slitting machine, slitting machine, strapping machine.
What is the problem of uneven pelletizing by the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the workflow of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the technological advantages of the underwater pelletizing machine?
1. underwater pelletizing machine, the machine head is not evenly heated, and the machine head temperature is stable before starting up;
2. The cooling water of the underwater pelletizing machine is boiled prematurely, and the water should be boiled when the machine head starts to discharge;
3. It is also possible that there is a problem with the hot runner design of the machine head, which is caused by uneven pressure.
Before being made into final products, most polymers must be blended and then pelletized to become marketable raw materials. The power required by the underwater pelletizing machine is directly proportional to the extrusion volume and exponentially related to the size of the filter screen. There are many different types of pelletizer designs, but all pelletizers have some common places, and they can be divided into two categories: cold pelletizing system and die face hot pelletizing system. The main difference between the two categories is the time arrangement of the pelletizing process. The cold pelletizing system cuts pellets from the solidified polymer at the end of the process; while in the die-face hot pelletizing system, pellets are cut when the molten polymer emerges from the die, and pellets are processed downstream cool down.
The underwater pelletizing machine treated by standard process has the following significant advantages:
The appearance standard of the products produced by the underwater pelletizing machine is exquisite and bright;
2. The hardness of the wear layer in contact with the material by the underwater pelletizing machine can reach HV 600-800, and the local hardness can reach HV900-1100. The hardness is increased to 2-4 times the original hardness. Compared with the non-standard machine without heat treatment, it is resistant to The wear performance is increased by 3-5 times;
3. The products of the underwater pelletizing machine are not deformed after long-term use, effectively avoiding the screw breaking due to the excessive wear of the barrel, and the stable service life is 2-3 times that of the traditional machine, which greatly reduces the investor's investment in replacement parts;
4. The wear-resistant layer of the barrel screw produced by the underwater pelletizing machine has high hardness, while the base material still retains good toughness and processing performance;
5. The service life of the screw of the underwater pelletizing machine has increased from the hundred-ton level of the ordinary plastic pelletizing machine to the thousand-ton level.
Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the production and development of underwater pelletizing machines for several years, and they have always put the needs of customers as their top priority. Here, you can choose the underwater pelletizing machine that suits your need.
The extrusion system of a single screw extruder includes a screw, a cylinder, a funnel, a head, and a nozzle. The plastic is plasticized by the extrusion system into a uniform melt and is continuous under the resulting pressure through the screw of the extruder head.
What is the relevant information about single screw extruders?
How to improve the product quality of the single screw extruder?
What role does the heating and cooling system play in the single screw extruder?
Each product type in the production line for single screw extruders has its operating characteristics. Only if you know their operating characteristics can you fully measure the efficiency of the machine.
Slug extruder's one of the guys. Record the operating points of single screw extruders and use single screw extruders correctly and sensibly.
The use of a single screw extruder includes several connections such as machine setup, adjustment, test run, operation, maintenance, and repair. Its use has the common characteristics of general machines, mainly in the drive engine and in the speed reduction device.
The working system of the single screw extruder, however, is the extrusion system, which has unique characteristics. When using the single screw extruder, pay particular attention to its properties.
1. About the extrusion product quality of the single screw extruder:
Injection extruders must conform to the raw material formula and process, the product size must correspond to the extrusion equipment and the raw materials must be sufficiently mixed and plasticized to ensure stable extrusion pressure and product quality.
2. Improve extrusion efficiency:
It is related to the selection of the single screw extruder, the screw structure, and the material properties, which are relative and must be considered comprehensively. Simple method, you can choose a larger extruder, the nozzle is opened into a nozzle and several forms.
The heating and cooling system of the inlet extruder consists of a heating device and a cooling device. It is a necessary condition for the smooth running of the extrusion process. The heater and cooling system shall ensure that the polymer material is melted and plasticized and that the temperature conditions during the molding process meet the process requirement.
The cooling system is generally installed in the cylinder, in the screw, and the bottom of the funnel of the inlet extruder. The cylinder cooling may be water-cooled or air-cooled. In general, small and medium extruder air cooling is used; Large series single screw extruders usually use water cooling or a combination of both. The main use of sludge cooling is a central water cooling system, the purpose of which is to increase the rate of solidification of the material, to stabilize the volume of discharges, and, at the same time, to improve product quality. The cooling system at the bottom of the funnel serves mainly to enhance the conveying effect of solids and to prevent the material particles from sticking due to the increase in temperature, blocking the material opening and impairing the supply. In general, in the case of extruders with screw diameters over 90 mm and fast-running screw extruders, a cooling device shall be installed at the bottom of the funnel.
Nanjing JlEYA has worked for many years to meet every customers’ need for single screw extruder. Just connect them.
Weigh the complete feeding system (silo, feeder and bulk material) through static scales and control the discharge flow of bulk materials through variable speed motors or electric vibrators. Material is discharged from the system (via screw, vibrating tube or trough), the "loss" measured per unit of time (dv/dt) is compared to the required feed rate (preset value), the actual (measured) The difference between the flow rate and the desired (preset) flow rate generates a corrective signal through the dosing controller, which automatically adjusts the dosing rate to maintain the accurate dosing amount without process lag. When the weight measured in the silo reaches the low level of the silo (refilling), the controller will control the feeding system according to the volumetric feeding, and then the silo will be reloaded quickly (manually or automatically), and the weight loss controller will restart . In a batch loss-in-weight system, the design is similar to a continuous loss-in-weight system, however, the accuracy of the final weight of the feed (batch) cycle is higher than the actual feed amount control. The controller accomplishes fast dosing by providing a high dosing signal to the variable speed drive, then transitions to a low dosing control signal for precise control at the end of the batch. Technical parameter
Metering accuracy ≤0.5%
Ingredient accuracy ≤0.5%
Batching measurement control range 0.01-300t/h
Scope of application
Continuous stabilized soil, cement batching in concrete mixing plants, sintering quantitative control feeding, coal powder quantitative control feeding and batching of various thick slurries, etc.
Product introduction of loss-in-weight scale: the loss-in-weight feeder consists of a hopper, a feeder (single and double-shaft screw feeder), a weighing system and a regulator. During operation, the hopper, material and feeder are weighed continuously. As the material is delivered, the actual rate of weight loss is measured and compared to the desired rate of weight loss (set point). Automatically corrects for deviations from setpoint by adjusting feeder rates. Thus, the material can be fed continuously and evenly and accurately.
Applicable scope: granule, powder, calcium carbonate, talcum powder, resin film powder, flour, starch, etc. Powder gravimetric feeder: solves the problem of feeding metering and feeding with poor fluidity while pellet gravimetric feeder solve any bridging problems that may occur.
Nanjing Team sincerely invite you to attend The 15th China Chongqing Rubber, Plastics Industry Exhibition.
Our booth no.: S2544
Time: May 27-30, 2021
Address: Chongqing International Expo Center
Wish to meet you at there ;)
The extrusion technology used by the single screw extruder is making waves in the food production industry. We know that single screw extruder can mass produce enterprise products of various shapes and textures. It allows a seamless and continuous operation process, which means that this means lower costs and higher production and sales.
What are the reasons and solutions for the poor discharge or blockage of the single screw extruder head?
What is the importance of single screw extruder temperature control?
What is the importance of single screw extruder speed control?
1. Reasons: (1) A certain section of the heater does not work, and the material is poorly plasticized. (2) The operating temperature is set too low, or the molecular weight distribution of the plastic is wide and unstable. (3) There may be foreign objects in the single screw extruder that are not easy to melt.
2. Treatment method: (1) Check the heater and replace it if necessary. (2) Verify the set temperature of each section, negotiate with the technician if necessary, and increase the temperature set value. (3) Clean and check the extrusion system and head of the single screw extruder.
Temperature control refers to the temperature of the single screw extruder during plastic extrusion, including the temperature control of the barrel, die and transition body. These temperature controls are related to the viscosity of the material, the sensitivity to temperature, and the aggregation state of the polymer. In general, the temperature of the die head and transition body of single screw extruder is low for medium and low viscosity materials, and the temperature of die head and transition body for high viscosity materials is high, and the fluidity is good.
Speed control means that for single screw extrude processing, if the screw speed increases, the shear rate increases. Thermoplastic melts are mostly non-Newtonian pseudoplastic fluids, and their viscosity decreases with the increase of shear rate, and fluidity Increasing the extrusion output also increases. However, if the shear rate is too large, the melt viscosity is too low, which will cause difficulties in the production and operation of single screw extrude. At the same time, the low-viscosity melt will flow backwards under the action of the screw back pressure, and the leakage flow will increase significantly, which will affect the output to a certain extent. , Again, the screw may even slip at high speeds, so the screw speed should be controlled within a certain range. In addition, in the production process of single screw extrude, the screw speed should be kept as stable as possible to avoid fast and slow. Otherwise, it will cause uneven discharge due to excessive changes in the melt viscosity of the material, which will affect normal production.
Nanjing JlEYA is a single screw extruder manufacturer established for more than five years. We work with customers from design to completion to ensure that all technical requirements are met.
The engineering plastic twin screw extruder consists of a transmission device, a feed device, a barrel, and a screw. The function of each component is similar to that of a single-screw extruder. The difference to the single screw extruder is that in the engineering plastic twin screw extruder two parallel snails are arranged in the "cross-section" of the material.
What is the working principle of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
How do you treat a engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
Why is the cooling device particularly important when using engineering plastic twin screw extruders?
From the point of view of the principle of movement, the engineering plastic twin screw extruder distinguishes between the straight and uneven, and non-foaming types.
1. Double screw extruder of technical plastic
This type of engineering plastic twin screw extruder has a low speed and a high speed. The former is mainly used for profile extraction, while the latter is used for special polymer processing operations.
(1) Tightly machined extruder. The slow-running extruder has a closely combining screw geometry, in which the spiral antenna shape of one snail closely matches the spiral antenna shape of the other snail, i.e. the conjugated snail shape.
(2) Self-cleaning extruder. The simultaneous high-speed extruder has a closely tuned spiral shape. This type of snail can be executed with a relatively small snail split so that the snail has a closed self-cleaning effect. This type of engineering plastic twin screw extruder is called a compact self-cleaning engineering plastic twin screw extruder.
The gap between the two screw edges of the closely combining, opposing engineering plastic twin screw extruder is very small (much smaller than the gap in the evenly rotating engineering plastic twin screw extruder) so those positive conveying properties can be achieved.
2. Non-reciprocating double screw extruder of technical plastic
The axis distance between the two snails of the non-foaming engineering plastic twin screw extruder is greater than the sum of the radii of the two snails.
1. After using the engineering plastic twin screw extruder for 500 hours, iron chips or other impurities from the gears are in the gearbox. Therefore, the gears should be cleaned and the gear lubricant replaced.
2. The engineering plastic twin screw extruder should carry out a comprehensive inspection of the extruder after an operating period to check the density of all snails.
3. If the double screw extruder is suddenly switched off during production, the main drive, and the heating stops, if the power supply is restored, each section of the cylinder shall be reheated to the specified temperature and kept for a specified period, before you can start the extruder.
4. If the display and the display of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder are full, check if the contact of the thermocouple, etc. is good.
After the molded plastic extrusion layer has left the engineering plastic twin screw extruder, it should be cooled and formed immediately, otherwise, it will deform under the influence of gravity. The cooling method normally uses water cooling and is divided into quick cooling and slow cooling according to the different water temperatures. Fast cooling is the direct cooling by cold water. Rapid cooling is advantageous for the design of the extruded plastic layer, but in the case of crystalline polymers, due to sudden heat cooling, it is easy to leave internal stresses in the extruded layer structure, which leads to cracks during use. Generally PVC The plastic layer is deterred. Slow cooling should reduce the inner tension of the product. Water with different temperatures is given in the cooling water tank to gradually reduce the temperature and shape of the product. The extrusion of PE and PP takes place under slow cooling, i.e. through hot water, hot water, and cold water, which is called three-stage cooling.
Nanjing JlEYA is the leading manufacturer extruder manufacturer specializing in twin screw extrude. If you want to get more information, just go and connect them.