Twin screw extruder is developed based on the single screw extruder, which has been widely used in the molding process of extruded products because of its good feeding performance, mixing and plasticizing performance, exhaust performance, and extrusion stability. So what are the advantages of a twin screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
l Wear and tear
l Reduce production costs
l Increase output
l Improve labor efficiency
l High torque and high speed
Wear and tear
Since twin screw extruders are easy to open, the degree of wear of threaded elements and barrel bushings can be detected at any time, so that effective repair or replacement can be carried out. It is not necessary to find out only when there is a problem with the extruded product, which causes unnecessary waste.
Reduce production costs
When producing masterbatches on twin screw extruders, it's usually necessary to alter colors, and if a product amendment is critical, to open the open process space within several minutes, in addition to analyzing the mixing process by looking at the melt profile on the entire screw. The current common twin screw extruder needs to be cleared with a large amount of clearing material when changing colors, which is time consuming, power consuming, and a waste of raw material. The split twin screw extruder can solve this problem. When changing the color, it only takes a few minutes to quickly open the barrel for manual cleaning, so that no or less cleaning material can be used, saving costs.
Twin screw snack extruders use side feeding technology to improve the integrity of the material and greatly increase production. The position and shape of the feed opening also have a great influence on feeding efficiency. With the same parameters, the output increases with an increase in the feed area. A rectangular cross section has a higher feed efficiency than a circular cross section for the same inlet area. The use of side by side twin screw feeds is also based on this consideration.
Improve labor efficiency
During equipment maintenance, ordinary twin screw extruders often have to remove the heating and cooling system before the screw can be withdrawn as a whole. In contrast, the split twin screw does not need to be opened by loosening a few bolts and turning the worm gearbox handle device to lift the upper half of the barrel, and then the entire barrel can be repaired. This shortens the maintenance time and reduces the labor intensity.
High torque and high speed
At present, the event trend of twin screw extruders within the world is to develop within the direction of high torsion, high speed, and low energy consumption, and also the impact of high speed is high productivity. The split twin screw extruder belongs to the current class, and its speed will reach and five hundred revolutions per minute. Therefore, its distinctive benefits in process high viscousness and warmth sensitive materials.
In the high speed, high torque core technology, asymmetric and symmetric high torque gearbox currently only Germany and Japan related manufacturers master the core technology, its speed can reach up to 1800 rpm or more, and domestic also master this core technology, such as Nanjing JlEYA extrusion company, is also currently one of the main choices of domestic high end material processing manufacturers, belongs to the domestic independent innovation national encouragement projects.
If you want to buy twin screw extruders, you can consider our cost effective products. We insist on the tenet of "quality first, customer first" and warmly welcome new and old customers to cooperate with us.
The company focuses on twin screw extruders, micro twin screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin screw extruders, and other research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin screw mixing and extruding machine, the application range covers the mixing and modification of granulation, polymerization, deswelling, step molding, recycling, and other fields.
Plastic extruders can be divided into single-screw extruders, twin-screw extruders, and multi-screw extruders according to their number of screws. The following are the details of the types of plastic extruders.
Here is the content list:
Classification of plastic extruders
Classification of plastic extruders
1, According to the number of screws, divided into single-screw extruders, twin-screw extruders, and multi-screw extruders.
2, According to the presence or absence of a screw in the extruder, divided into screw extruders and plunger extruders.
3, According to the running speed of the screw to divide:
Ordinary extruder: speed below 100r/min.
High-speed extruder: speed of 100 to 300r/min.
Super high-speed extruder: the speed is 300~l500r/min.
4, According to the extruder assembly structure classification: there are integral extruders and separate extruders.
5, According to the spatial position of the screw in the extruder, can be divided into the horizontal extruder and vertical extruder.
6, According to whether the extruder is in the process of exhaust and can be divided into exhaust type extruder and non-exhaust type extruder
The single-screw extruder occupies an important position both as a plasticizing and pelletizing machine and as a molding machine, and in recent years, the single-screw extruder has developed greatly. Single-screw extruders were the first extruders to gain widespread application in the plastic processing and molding field due to their simple structure and high processing efficiency. Similarly, to meet different processing needs, various equipment manufacturers have explored various screw and barrel structures. The single-screw extruder has evolved from the basic pure screw structure to various structures such as damping screw block, exhaust extrusion, slotted screw barrel, pinned barrel, building block structure, etc., thus enabling the single-screw extruder to have a wider range of molding.
Due to the small footprint of single-screw extruders, they are almost the only equipment used in the compounding and blown film fields. Single-screw extruder technology has become an important part of the extrusion process market that cannot be ignored.
The twin-screw extruder has less heat generated by friction, more uniform shearing of the material, larger conveying capacity of the screw, more stable extrusion volume, long stay of the material in the barrel, and uniform mixing.
The twin-screw extruder has good feeding characteristics, is suitable for powder processing, and has better mixing, exhaust, reaction, and self-cleaning functions than the single-screw extruder, characterized by the processing of plastics with poor thermal stability and co-mingled materials show its superiority. Based on the twin-screw extruder, the multi-screw extruder was developed for easier processing of co-blends with poor thermal stability.
If you want to buy an extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products. Nanjing JlEYA is the leading manufacturer extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, mini twin screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China, which is widely used in compounding, modification, polymerization, after 17 years of development, now we have 20,000 square meters workshop with annual sales over 300+ sets, export over 60 countries.
Nanjing JIEYA attend Chinaplas 2021 held in Shenzhen. We sincerely welcome your visiting.
Our booth no.: 7Q25
Time: April 13-16, 2021
Address: Shenzhen World Exhibition Center
Look forward to meet you at there.
The development and application of twin screw extruders are increasingly eye-catching. Many aspects of the performance of single and twin screw extruders that dominate the extrusion industry can no longer meet the requirements of blending, filling, reinforcement, toughening and other modifications.
What is the structure of the twin screw extruder?
How does the twin screw extruder prevent material degradation?
What are the structural characteristics of the twin screw extruder?
The twin screw extruder, a unique modular screw block is designed on the screw shaft, which is broken three times within a pitch, called a mixing screw block. Corresponding to these gaps, there are three rows of mixing blocks arranged on the inner sleeve of the barrel. The pin and the screw reciprocate in the axial direction at the same time in the process of radial rotation. The twin screw extruder moves in the axial direction once every time it rotates. Due to this special movement mode and the effect of mixing and sorting screws and pins, the material is not only sheared between the mixing pins and the irregular trapezoidal mixing blocks. And it is transported back and forth. The countercurrent movement of the material adds a very useful axial mixing movement to the radial mixing. The melt is continuously cut, turned, kneaded and stretched, and the twin screw extruder regularly interrupts the simple Layered shear mixing.
Due to the simultaneous mixing in the radial and axial directions of the twin screw extruder, the mixing effect is enhanced and the best dispersion mixing and distributed mixing are ensured, so the homogenization time is short. In addition, the mutual engagement of the mixing pin and the screw block also improves the self-cleaning ability of the barrel. The twin screw extruder can ensure stable working pressure through proper screw block combination, without uncontrollable pressure and temperature fluctuations, and prevent material degradation in the barrel.
1. The main machine barrel and screw are assembled by building blocks
The barrel of the twin screw extruder is composed of multiple sets of open and closed barrels. The split barrel can be opened quickly and conveniently for easy cleaning and maintenance; the screw is composed of various mixing sleeves on the mandrel Composed of screw block and conveying screw block. The barrel and screw can be flexibly formed into an ideal form according to different types of materials and different technological requirements.
2. Unique design of gear box and swing box
The twin screw extruder realizes the axial reciprocating movement of the screw while rotating. Every time the screw rotates, it reciprocates once, and the thread is interrupted three times, thus producing a strong mixing effect. The mixing effect is in the axial direction rather than the radial direction, and occurs between the thread and the pin. All materials in the screw channel are subjected to uniform shear stress, instead of a thin layer of material being sheared.
Great products begin with the best engineering staff, and Nanjing JlEYA is ready to assist you with your technical requirements for twin screw extruder.
Today, we loaded 2x40HQ export to Vietnam.
One is SHJ-50 twin screw extruder, the other is SHJ-72 twin screw extruders. Both extruders are used for making filler masterbatch.
Nanjing Jieya is a leading manufacturer of twin screw compounding extruders with over 20 years experience. We will offer you the top quality with best price.
We warmly welcome your inquiry.
The twin screw extruder has the basic principles of single-screw extruder: solid conveying, melt pressurization and pumping, mixing and stripping and evaporation, but it is not limited to this. The development of twin screw extrusion theory is relatively late, coupled with its wide variety, messy screw shape, and messy extrusion process, which brings many difficulties to the research. And the following words will give you a brief introduction about the information of the twin screw extruder.
What is the future research direction of twin screw extruder?
What is the basic principle of a twin screw extruder?
What is the difference between a twin screw extruder and a traditional extruder?
1. Established the physical model and mathematical model of the twin screw extruder to guide the design of the twin screw extruder and the optimization of the extrusion process.
2. It is necessary to understand the relationship between the true state change, the mixing form, the whole process of the structure change and the later mixing and characteristics of two or more polymers and materials during the entire extrusion process.
3. As a twin screw extruder, it establishes the internal connection between the entire reaction process, speed and characteristics of the extrusion reaction molding and the screw structure and operating conditions. It can be extruded through reaction molding.
The twin screw extruder has the basic principles of single-screw extruder: solid conveying, melt pressurization and pumping, mixing and stripping and evaporation, but it is not limited to this. The development of twin screw extrusion theory is relatively late, coupled with its wide variety, messy screw shape, and messy extrusion process, which brings many difficulties to the research.
Generally speaking, the research of twin-screw extrusion theory is still in the development link, which is called "technology more than science". From the perspective of the entire extrusion process of a twin screw extruder, there are about three parts: the polymer's physical state change rule during the extrusion process, the basic principle of conveying, the conveying of solid melt, the exhaust phase and the law, and the establishment of mathematics The physical model is used to guide the planning of the twin screw extruder and the optimization of the extrusion system process.
The traditional extrusion molding process requires rotating a giant screw in the barrel. When using twin screw extrusion, the two screws mesh with each other and rotate together during the extrusion operation. They are installed in the housing on the spline shaft of the barrel. The twin screw extruder can simultaneously ensure food molding, heating, cooling, compression, mixing, pumping and even transportation.
At present, twin screw extruder has become the most common extruder with the largest variety and specifications in the world. Nanjing JlEYA has committed to fulfilling all the requirements of twin screw extruders. And it welcomes global customers to purchase.
The high efficiency of the single-screw extruderis mainly reflected in high output, low energy consumption, and low manufacturing cost. In terms of function, the plastic extruder has been used not only for extrusion molding and mixing processing of polymer materials but its use has been broadened to food, feed, electrode, building materials, packaging, ceramics, and other fields. So how to operate the single screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
Preparation work before starting the machine
1. For single-screw extruder extrusion production of materials, should meet the required drying requirements, if necessary, further drying.
2. According to the variety of products, size, select the head specifications, the machine will be installed in the order of the column, installed head flange, die body, mouth die, porous plate, and filter network.
3. Connect the compressed air pipe, install the core mold electric heating rod head heating ring, check the water system.
4. Adjust the gap evenly in all parts of the mouth die and check whether the centerline of the main machine and the auxiliary machine are aligned.
5. Start the single-screw extruder of each running equipment, check whether the operation is normal, and find faults in time to eliminate.
6. Turn on the electric heater, the head, body, and auxiliary machine evenly heated up, to be the temperature of each part than the normal production temperature of about 10 degrees, constant temperature of 30 ~ 60 minutes so that the machine temperature inside and outside the same.
Start-up is an important part of the production, poor control will damage the screw and head, the temperature is too high will cause plastic decomposition, the temperature is too low will damage the screw, barrel, and head. The start-up steps are as follows.
1. Start the machine at low speed, idle, check the screw for any abnormalities and motor, amperage meter current no overload phenomenon, the pressure gauge is normal. Machine idling should not be too long to prevent the screw and barrel-scraping grinding.
2. Gradually add a small amount of material, wait for the material extrusion out of the die, before the normal addition of material. Before the plastic is extruded, no one should be in front of the mouth die to prevent casualties.
3. After the plastic is extruded, it is necessary to lead the extruded material slowly on the cooling and shaping, traction equipment, and start this equipment beforehand. Then, according to the control instrument indication value and the requirements of the extruded products, each link will be properly adjusted until the extrusion operation reaches the normal state.
4. Cutting and sampling, checking whether the appearance meets the requirements, whether the size meets the standard, quickly testing the performance, and then adjusting the extrusion process according to the requirements of quality, so that the products meet the standard requirements.
1. Stop feeding, extrude the plastic in the single screw extruder and turn off the power of the barrel and head for the next operation.
2. Shut off the power of the main machine and the auxiliary machines at the same time.
3. Open the head connection flange, clean the porous plate and various parts of the head, when cleaning, should use copper rods, copper pieces, after cleaning, apply a little oil. Screw, barrel clean up, if necessary, the screw from the end of the machine out of the top, clean up after recovery, in general, available for the transition of material cleanup.
4. Extrusion of polyolefin plastics, usually in the extruder full load shutdown (with material shutdown), when the air should be prevented from entering the barrel, so as not to oxidize the material and affect the quality of the product when continuing production. For polyvinyl chloride plastics, can also stop with material, then close the material door, reduce the temperature at the head connection body (flange) 10 ~ 20 degrees, to stop the machine after the material squeeze net.
5. Close the total power and cooling water main valve.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
The single-screw extruder has a simple design and a low price, so it is widespread and demand on the market was high.
What are the application areas and benefits of single-screw extruders?
What is the development history of the single-screw extruder?
What are the main technical parameters of the single-screw extruder?
The single-screw extruder is mainly used for extruding soft and hard polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, and other thermoplastic. It can process a variety of plastic products such as films, tubes, plates, tapes, etc., can also be used for granulation.
The single-screw extruder is characterized by advanced design, high quality, good plasticization, and low energy consumption. It uses an evolutionary drive that is characterized by low noise development, stable operation, high load capacity, and long service life.
The single-screw extruder is one of the most important devices for the processing of plastic molding parts. It uses external energy transfer and heat transfer of external heating elements to carry out the transport of plastics solids, compaction, melting, shielding, and extrusion forms.
Since the birth of the snail extruder, it has evolved from an ordinary snail extruder to a new type of snail extruder after almost a hundred years of development. Although there are many types of new single-screw extruders, the extrusion machine is the same.
The extrusion process of the traditional snail extruder is realized by heating outside the cylinder, solid and cylinder, snail friction, and melting shear force.
"friction coefficient" and "friction force", "viscosity" and "shear tension" are the main factors influencing the performance of conventional screw extruders. The extrusion process from the machine is unstable and difficult to control, especially for some heat-sensitive plastics with poor thermal stability and high viscosity.
1. Screw diameter: refers to the diameter of the outer circle of the screw, marked with D, and the unit is millimeter (mm).
2. Proportion of screw length to diameter: refers to the ratio of the length L of the working part of the screw (the length of the threaded part, i.e. the length from the center line of the feed opening to the end of the screw) and the screw diameter D, expressed by L/D.
3. Snail speed range: refers to the highest speed of the snail up to the lowest speed of the snail; n is used to represent the speed of the snail, and the unit is revolutions per minute (U/min).
4. The power of the main screw drive engine: expressed by P, the unit is kilowatt (kW).
5. Heating performance of the extruder cylinder: expressed by E is the unit kilowatt (kV).
6. The output capacity of the extruder: expressed by Q, the unit is kilogram per hour (kg/h).
7. The height of the extruder rim: refers to the distance from the center line of the screw to the ground, expressed by H, and the unit is millimeters (mm).
8. Extruder outer dimensions: refers to total length (x) total width (x) total height expressed by L x B x H, and the unit is millimeters or meters (m m or m)
9. Extruder quality: expressed in W, the unit is kilogram or tonne (kg or t).
We can see the huge role that single-screw extruders play in the production industry, and they have become indispensable components. And Nanjing JlEYA a Chinese pioneer in single-screw extruder production,has committed to providing the most suitable single-screw extruder at a reasonable price, and whatever it takes to satisfy the customer’s needs.
The structure of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder barrel is basically similar to that of the single-screw extruder screw barrel. From the appearance structure, the twin-screw extruder barrel is also divided into an integral barrel and a segmented barrel. The engineering plastic twin screw extruder is an upgrade of the single screw extruder, which has also greatly improved the efficiency of use.
What are the reasons why people choose engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
What is the workflow of engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
What are the essential devices in the engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
1. Improve labor efficiency
When the equipment is repaired, engineering plastic twin screw extruder only needs to loosen a few bolts, turn the worm gear box handle device to lift the upper part of the barrel to open the entire barrel, and then perform repairs. This not only shortens the maintenance time, but also reduces the labor intensity.
2. High torque and high speed
The development trend of engineering plastic twin screw extruder in the world is towards high torque, high speed, and low energy consumption. The effect of high speed is high productivity. engineering plastic twin screw extruder belongs to this category, and its speed can reach 500 rpm. Therefore, it has unique advantages in processing high-viscosity, heat-sensitive materials.
3. Wide range of applications
engineering plastic twin screw extruder has a wide range of applications and can be applied to the processing of a variety of materials
4. High output, high quality
engineering plastic twin screw extruder has other advantages of ordinary extruder, and can achieve high output, high quality and high efficiency.
The engineering plastic twin screw extruder used for profile extrusion is usually tightly meshed and rotated in different directions, although a few also use co-rotating twin screw extruders, generally operating at a relatively low screw speed, about 10 r/ min. The high-speed meshing co-rotating engineering plastic twin screw extruder is used for compounding, venting or as a continuous chemical reactor. The maximum screw speed of this type of extruder is 300-600r/min. Non-intermeshing extruder is used for mixing, venting and chemical reaction. Its conveying mechanism is quite different from intermeshing extruder, which is closer to the conveying mechanism of single screw extruder, although there are essential differences between the two.
Among the straightening devices used in engineering plastic twin screw extruder, the most common one is eccentric, and various types of bending of the core are one of the important reasons for the insulation eccentricity. In sheath extrusion, scratches on the sheath surface are often caused by the bending of the cable core. Therefore, the straightening device in various engineering plastic twin screw extruder is indispensable. The main types of straightening devices are: drum type (divided into horizontal and vertical); pulley type (divided into single pulley and pulley block); winch type, which has multiple functions such as dragging, straightening, and tension stabilization; Press wheel type (divided into horizontal type and vertical type), etc.
The engineering plastic twin screw extruders are used more and more widely in daily life, but its quality has a great influence on the experience of use. Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the production and development of engineering plastic twin screw extruders for more than several years, and they have always put the needs of customers as their top priority.