The extrusion technology used by the single screw extruder is making waves in the food production industry. We know that single screw extruder can mass produce enterprise products of various shapes and textures. It allows a seamless and continuous operation process, which means that this means lower costs and higher production and sales.
What are the reasons and solutions for the poor discharge or blockage of the single screw extruder head?
What is the importance of single screw extruder temperature control?
What is the importance of single screw extruder speed control?
1. Reasons: (1) A certain section of the heater does not work, and the material is poorly plasticized. (2) The operating temperature is set too low, or the molecular weight distribution of the plastic is wide and unstable. (3) There may be foreign objects in the single screw extruder that are not easy to melt.
2. Treatment method: (1) Check the heater and replace it if necessary. (2) Verify the set temperature of each section, negotiate with the technician if necessary, and increase the temperature set value. (3) Clean and check the extrusion system and head of the single screw extruder.
Temperature control refers to the temperature of the single screw extruder during plastic extrusion, including the temperature control of the barrel, die and transition body. These temperature controls are related to the viscosity of the material, the sensitivity to temperature, and the aggregation state of the polymer. In general, the temperature of the die head and transition body of single screw extruder is low for medium and low viscosity materials, and the temperature of die head and transition body for high viscosity materials is high, and the fluidity is good.
Speed control means that for single screw extrude processing, if the screw speed increases, the shear rate increases. Thermoplastic melts are mostly non-Newtonian pseudoplastic fluids, and their viscosity decreases with the increase of shear rate, and fluidity Increasing the extrusion output also increases. However, if the shear rate is too large, the melt viscosity is too low, which will cause difficulties in the production and operation of single screw extrude. At the same time, the low-viscosity melt will flow backwards under the action of the screw back pressure, and the leakage flow will increase significantly, which will affect the output to a certain extent. , Again, the screw may even slip at high speeds, so the screw speed should be controlled within a certain range. In addition, in the production process of single screw extrude, the screw speed should be kept as stable as possible to avoid fast and slow. Otherwise, it will cause uneven discharge due to excessive changes in the melt viscosity of the material, which will affect normal production.
Nanjing JlEYA is a single screw extruder manufacturer established for more than five years. We work with customers from design to completion to ensure that all technical requirements are met.
The single screw extruder is a special reduction power device designed for plastic and rubber single screw extruder equipment. The reducer is matched with the motor. The gear parts are made of high-strength alloy steel. The gears are processed by carburizing, quenching, and high-precision gear grinding. The gear accuracy is level 6, and the tooth surface hardness is HRC58-62.
What is the principle of single screw extruder?
What is the current industry development of single screw extruder?
What should I pay attention to when using single screw extruder?
The single screw extruder is generally divided into three sections in effective length. The effective length of the three sections is determined according to the diameter of the screw and the pitch and depth of the screw, which are generally divided into one-third of each; the last thread of the single screw extruder has been called the conveying section. It is required that it cannot be plasticized, but it must be preheated and compressed;
The second section of the single screw extruder is called the compression section. At this time, the volume of the screw groove gradually decreases, and the temperature must reach the degree of plasticization of the material. The compression produced here is from the conveying section three, and here it is compressed to one. Some machines also have Change, the plasticized material enters the third stage;
The third section of the single screw extruder is the metering section, where the material maintains the plasticizing temperature to supply the machine head, which is generally slightly higher than the plasticizing temperature.
In single screw extruder equipment, the plastic extruder is normally referred to as the main machine and the following equipment, the plastic extruder, is referred to as the auxiliary machine. After more than 100 years of development, the plastic extruder has been derived from the original single-screw extruder, a variety of models such as double-screw, multi-screw and even non-screw models have been derived. The plastic extruder (host) can be used with different plastic moulding machines such as tube, foil, holding material, monofilament, flat wire, strapping, extruding network, plate material, profile material, pelleting, cable coating, etc. are used. Suitable for different plastic extrusion production lines for the production of different plastic products. Therefore, plastic extrusion machines are today and in the future one of the most common models in the plastics processing industry.
What should I pay attention to when using single screw extruder?
(1) The material convey way of the single screw extruder mainly relies on friction, which limits its feeding performance. And it is difficult to add the powder, paste, glass fiber and inorganic fillers, so pay attention to the material used.
(2) When the pressure of the single screw extruder head is high, the reverse flow will increase and the productivity will decrease. Therefore, always pay attention to the pressure of the equipment.
(3) The surface renewal effect of the single screw extruder material in the exhaust zone is small, so the exhaust effect is poor.
(4) single screw extruder is not suitable for certain processes, such as polymer coloring, thermosetting powder processing, etc.
The single screw extruder has achieved an irreplaceable position in industrial production. Nanjing JlEYA is committed to providing various bending and rolling machines of high quality for all customers from all over the world.
Nanjing Jieya Extrusion Equipment Co., Ltd. (referred to as "Jieya") was established in 2004. It has the manufacturing capacity of various types of production lines with an annual production and sales of more than 350 sets. Its comprehensive capability ranks in the forefront of the Nanjing twin screw extruders industry. The company focuses on the R&D and manufacturing of various production lines centered on co-rotating twin-screw extruders and single-screw extruders. The product applications cover compounding, modified granulation, polymerization, devolatilization, one-step molding, and recyclable resources, etc.
Project Director Mr Chen introduced that every industry has competition, but specific to a certain market segment, the competitors involved are different. Traditional physical blending and modification is the largest market for twin-screw extruders, so the competition is the most intense. For Jieya, the bio-degradable plastic market was changed greatly in 2021, and a considerable part of Jieya’s orders in 2021 also came from this market.
Mr Chen explained that the reason why bio-degradable plastics are singled out from the traditional blending and modification market is that there have been many entrants in this market in the past two years, which has led to the rapid expansion of the market scale. Therefore, from traditional compounding and extrusion to processing bio-degradable plastics, is it necessary to carry out certain technical reserves? Mr Chen said frankly that it depends on how much bio-degradable plastics companies want to achieve. Just like melt blown materials in 2020, some companies have astonishing shipments, and some companies choose to take the quality to a higher level. The bio-degradable material made by special equipment must be of higher quality.
Around 2010, Jieya began to get involved in bio-degradable-related projects. During this period, we saw the ups and downs of major companies, and also witnessed the gradual growth of some companies from small to large. Most of these surviving companies are in the bio-degradable market. They started foreign trade before they became popular, and some companies even achieved a market share of about 30% in the export of Chinese vest bags.
He also talked about some distressing points in the biodegradable market: at present, the Chinese government has not clearly stipulated the definition and criteria of "bio-degradable". For example, some regions regard photo-degradable as a kind of bio-degradable. Many people oppose this. Mr Chen said that at present, most people in the Chinese market think that 'bio-degradable' is compostable and degradable, and garbage must be sorted and recycled before composting is possible.
However, Mr Chen is still very optimistic about the development of bio-degradable plastics. Bio-degradable must be the general trend of future social development, but the specific direction remains to be verified. Jieya has a layout for the main bio-degradable plastic categories, such as targeting for many PBAT projects launched in China in the past two years, we are actively discussing with customers whether we can directly use the twin-screw extruder in the polymerization stage to directly make modified materials (without extruding PBAT raw materials). Jieya has also followed up on the project of carbon dioxide production of PPC bio-degradable materials and PGA synthesized with glycolide. At present, the bio-degradable plastics market is still developing and improving. What we need to do now is to develop the corresponding twin-screw technology with the industrial chain. Based on the accumulated experience of a large number of practical applications to continuously improve the stability of the equipment.
Under the big goal of carbon neutrality, some very big changes have taken place in industries such as home appliances and automobiles. The intuitive impact is that Jieya has recently received some projects for recycling, dismantling, and regranulating waste household appliances, as well as the crushing, recycling, and regranulation of some new energy battery shells, which is also one of the important markets for Jieya in 2021. Mr Chen said that these manufacturers have multiple production lines and large projects, but they are usually new entrants, and usually require suppliers to provide them with whole-plant project planning, so they put forward higher requirements for suppliers' project experience and service capabilities.
Fluorochemicals, another key application area for which Jieya is recognized. Fluoroplastics are also known as "plastic kings". Their corrosion resistance, solvent resistance, weather resistance and temperature resistance are relatively good, so they are often included in the field of special engineering plastics. The most well-known is the PVDF used with lithium battery binder. In 2021, Jieya also undertook some projects in this field.
Mr Chen believes that the Chinese market is developing very fast, and twin-screw extruder enterprises must keep abreast of customer needs in order to gain a foothold in the market. Therefore, Jieya is also seeking new development in the upstream links. For example, the twin-screw devolatilization extrusion unit developed to meet the growing demand of downstream customers for products with low VOC and low residue; as well as corrosion resistance and wear resistance under high temperature conditions. The extrusion unit meets the production needs of special products under severe working conditions.
The success of Nanjing Jieya in the market is inseparable from the technical advantages of its twin-screw extruder equipment: its core components are all self produced, including high-torque gearboxes, extruder barrels, extruder screw elements, screen changer, die, etc. The product quality is stable and controllable, which can meet the personalized customization needs of customers, and the delivery time is flexible. In addition, Jieya stable team has also played a huge advantage. It is said that its sales, technology, management, and after-sales teams have an average of more than 10 years of experience in the industry. They have rich industry experience and are relatively clear about the pain points of various market segments. Provide complete personalized solutions, and can also undertake large and complex complete system projects.
Today, we loaded 2x40HQ export to Vietnam.
One is SHJ-50 twin screw extruder, the other is SHJ-72 twin screw extruders. Both extruders are used for making filler masterbatch.
Nanjing Jieya is a leading manufacturer of twin screw compounding extruders with over 20 years experience. We will offer you the top quality with best price.
We warmly welcome your inquiry.
The main machine of the plastic extruder is the extruder, which is composed of an extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed description of the composition of the plastic extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling device
A homogeneous melt is plasticized bypassing the plastic through the extrusion system, which consists of a screw, barrel, hopper, head, and die.
The function of the drive system is to drive the screw, supplying the torque and speed required by the screw during the extrusion process, usually consisting of an electric motor, reducer, and bearings.
The manufacturing cost of the reducer is roughly proportional to its size and weight, provided that the structure is the same. Because the shape and weight of the reducer are large, it means that more materials are consumed in the manufacturing, and the bearings used are also larger, which increases the manufacturing cost.
For a similar screw diameter extruder, the high speed and high potency extruder consume additional energy than the traditional extruder, the motor power is doubled, and also the reducer seat range is raised consequently is critical，however a high screw speed means that an occasional reduction magnitude relation. For the same size reducer, the gear modulus of the low reduction ratio increases compared to the large reduction ratio, and the capacity of the reducer to bear the load also increases. Therefore, the rise in volume and weight of the reducer isn't linearly proportional to the rise in motor power. If the extrusion volume is employed because of the divisor and dividend by the burden of the reducer, the high speed and high potency extruder can have a smaller range and the normal extruder will have a larger number.
In terms of unit output, the small motor power and the small weight of the reducer of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder means that the manufacturing cost per unit output of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder is lower than that of the normal extruder.
Heating and cooling are necessary to enable the plastic extrusion process to proceed.
(1) Extruders usually use electric heating, which is divided into resistance heating and induction heating, with heating sheets installed in each part of the body, neck, and head. The heating device heats the plastic inside the barrel from the outside to warm it up to the temperature required for the process operation.
(2) The cooling device is installed to ensure that the plastic is in the temperature range required for the process. Specifically, it is to exclude the excess heat generated by the shear friction of the rotating screw to avoid the plastic from decomposing, scorching, or shaping difficulties due to the high temperature. Barrel cooling is divided into two kinds of water-cooled and air-cooled, generally small and medium-sized extrusion machine using air-cooled is more appropriate, large is more water-cooled or a combination of two forms of cooling; screw cooling is mainly used in the center of water-cooled, the purpose is to increase the rate of solid material delivery, stabilize the amount of rubber, while improving product quality; but the cooling at the hopper, one is to strengthen the role of solid material delivery, to prevent the plastic grain sticky blockage because of the heating the second is to ensure the normal work of the transmission part.
If you are engaged in the industry related to the extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products. Our company is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China.
underwater pelletizing machine is similar to airflow granulator and water jet granulator. The equipment part mainly covers: plastic granulator, single and twin screw plastic extruder, plastic film blowing machine, bag making machine, printing machine, coating machine, Adhesive tape machine, tape slitting machine, slitting machine, strapping machine.
What is the problem of uneven pelletizing by the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the workflow of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the technological advantages of the underwater pelletizing machine?
1. underwater pelletizing machine, the machine head is not evenly heated, and the machine head temperature is stable before starting up;
2. The cooling water of the underwater pelletizing machine is boiled prematurely, and the water should be boiled when the machine head starts to discharge;
3. It is also possible that there is a problem with the hot runner design of the machine head, which is caused by uneven pressure.
Before being made into final products, most polymers must be blended and then pelletized to become marketable raw materials. The power required by the underwater pelletizing machine is directly proportional to the extrusion volume and exponentially related to the size of the filter screen. There are many different types of pelletizer designs, but all pelletizers have some common places, and they can be divided into two categories: cold pelletizing system and die face hot pelletizing system. The main difference between the two categories is the time arrangement of the pelletizing process. The cold pelletizing system cuts pellets from the solidified polymer at the end of the process; while in the die-face hot pelletizing system, pellets are cut when the molten polymer emerges from the die, and pellets are processed downstream cool down.
The underwater pelletizing machine treated by standard process has the following significant advantages:
The appearance standard of the products produced by the underwater pelletizing machine is exquisite and bright;
2. The hardness of the wear layer in contact with the material by the underwater pelletizing machine can reach HV 600-800, and the local hardness can reach HV900-1100. The hardness is increased to 2-4 times the original hardness. Compared with the non-standard machine without heat treatment, it is resistant to The wear performance is increased by 3-5 times;
3. The products of the underwater pelletizing machine are not deformed after long-term use, effectively avoiding the screw breaking due to the excessive wear of the barrel, and the stable service life is 2-3 times that of the traditional machine, which greatly reduces the investor's investment in replacement parts;
4. The wear-resistant layer of the barrel screw produced by the underwater pelletizing machine has high hardness, while the base material still retains good toughness and processing performance;
5. The service life of the screw of the underwater pelletizing machine has increased from the hundred-ton level of the ordinary plastic pelletizing machine to the thousand-ton level.
Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the production and development of underwater pelletizing machines for several years, and they have always put the needs of customers as their top priority. Here, you can choose the underwater pelletizing machine that suits your need.
The high efficiency of the single-screw extruderis mainly reflected in high output, low energy consumption, and low manufacturing cost. In terms of function, the plastic extruder has been used not only for extrusion molding and mixing processing of polymer materials but its use has been broadened to food, feed, electrode, building materials, packaging, ceramics, and other fields. So how to operate the single screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
Preparation work before starting the machine
1. For single-screw extruder extrusion production of materials, should meet the required drying requirements, if necessary, further drying.
2. According to the variety of products, size, select the head specifications, the machine will be installed in the order of the column, installed head flange, die body, mouth die, porous plate, and filter network.
3. Connect the compressed air pipe, install the core mold electric heating rod head heating ring, check the water system.
4. Adjust the gap evenly in all parts of the mouth die and check whether the centerline of the main machine and the auxiliary machine are aligned.
5. Start the single-screw extruder of each running equipment, check whether the operation is normal, and find faults in time to eliminate.
6. Turn on the electric heater, the head, body, and auxiliary machine evenly heated up, to be the temperature of each part than the normal production temperature of about 10 degrees, constant temperature of 30 ~ 60 minutes so that the machine temperature inside and outside the same.
Start-up is an important part of the production, poor control will damage the screw and head, the temperature is too high will cause plastic decomposition, the temperature is too low will damage the screw, barrel, and head. The start-up steps are as follows.
1. Start the machine at low speed, idle, check the screw for any abnormalities and motor, amperage meter current no overload phenomenon, the pressure gauge is normal. Machine idling should not be too long to prevent the screw and barrel-scraping grinding.
2. Gradually add a small amount of material, wait for the material extrusion out of the die, before the normal addition of material. Before the plastic is extruded, no one should be in front of the mouth die to prevent casualties.
3. After the plastic is extruded, it is necessary to lead the extruded material slowly on the cooling and shaping, traction equipment, and start this equipment beforehand. Then, according to the control instrument indication value and the requirements of the extruded products, each link will be properly adjusted until the extrusion operation reaches the normal state.
4. Cutting and sampling, checking whether the appearance meets the requirements, whether the size meets the standard, quickly testing the performance, and then adjusting the extrusion process according to the requirements of quality, so that the products meet the standard requirements.
1. Stop feeding, extrude the plastic in the single screw extruder and turn off the power of the barrel and head for the next operation.
2. Shut off the power of the main machine and the auxiliary machines at the same time.
3. Open the head connection flange, clean the porous plate and various parts of the head, when cleaning, should use copper rods, copper pieces, after cleaning, apply a little oil. Screw, barrel clean up, if necessary, the screw from the end of the machine out of the top, clean up after recovery, in general, available for the transition of material cleanup.
4. Extrusion of polyolefin plastics, usually in the extruder full load shutdown (with material shutdown), when the air should be prevented from entering the barrel, so as not to oxidize the material and affect the quality of the product when continuing production. For polyvinyl chloride plastics, can also stop with material, then close the material door, reduce the temperature at the head connection body (flange) 10 ~ 20 degrees, to stop the machine after the material squeeze net.
5. Close the total power and cooling water main valve.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
The single screw extruder is mainly composed of 3 parts: extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed introduction to the basic structure of the single screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling system
The main role of the extrusion system of the single-screw extruder is to melt and plasticize the polymer material to form a uniform melt, to realize the transformation from the glassy state to the viscous flow state. And in this process to establish a certain pressure, by the screw continuous extrusion delivery to the head die. Thus, the extrusion system plays an important role in the molding quality and output of the extrusion process.
The extrusion system mainly includes the feeding device, screw, and barrel, which is the most critical part of the extruder, of which the screw is the heart of the extruder, the material through the rotation of the screw in order to move in the barrel and get pressurized and part of the heat.
The drive system of a single screw extruder is usually composed of a motor, reducer, and bearing, whose role is to drive the screw and supply the torque and torque required by the screw in the extrusion process. During the extrusion process, the screw speed is required to be stable and does not change with the change of screw load to ensure the uniform quality of the product. However, in different situations, the screw is required to be able to achieve variable speed in order to achieve a machine that can adapt to the requirements of extruding different materials or products of different shapes. In most extruders, the change of screw speed is achieved by adjusting the motor speed. The drive system of the single-screw extruder is also equipped with a good lubrication system and a device for rapid braking.
The heating and cooling system of a single screw extruder consist of a heating device and cooling device, which are necessary for the extrusion process to be carried out smoothly. The heating and cooling devices must ensure that the polymer materials are melted and plasticized and the temperature conditions during the molding process meet the process requirements.
The cooling device is generally set up in the extruder barrel, screw and hopper bottom, and other parts. Barrel cooling can be water-cooled or air-cooled, air-cooled is generally used for small and medium-sized single-screw extruders; large single-screw extruders are mostly water-cooled or a combination of the two forms. The cooling device at the bottom of the hopper is mainly to strengthen the solid material conveying effect, to prevent the material particles from becoming sticky due to the heating, blocking the material mouth and thus affecting the feeding. Generally, for extruders with a screw diameter of 90mm or more and high-speed extruders, a cooling device must be installed at the bottom of the hopper.
Our company focuses on twin-screw extruders, micro twin-screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin-screw extruders, and other kinds of research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin-screw compounding extruder. If you still want to know more, you can consult our company.