The difference between single screw extruder and twin screw extruder: one is a screw, the other is two screws. Both are driven by a motor. The power varies with different screw sizes. The power of 50 conical twin screw extruder is about 20kW, and 65 is about 37kW. The output is related to the material and the screw size. The output of 50 conical twin screw extruder is about 100-150kg/h, and 65 conical twin screw extruder is about 200-280kg/h. The output of a single screw is only half than twin screw extruder.
Extruders can be divided into single-screw, twin-screw and multi-screw extruders according to the number of screws. Today, the single-screw extruder is the most widely used and is suitable for extrusion processing of general materials. The twin-screw extruder has the characteristics of less heat generated by friction, relatively uniform shearing of the material, large conveying capacity of the screw, relatively stable extrusion volume, long residence of the material in the barrel, and uniform mixing.
The single-screw extruder occupies an important position both as a plasticizing and granulating machine or a molding and processing machine. In recent years, the single-screw extruder has made great progress. The large-scale single-screw extruder for granulation produced in Germany has a screw diameter of 700mm and an output of 36t/h.
The main sign of the development of single-screw extruder lies in the development of its key part, the screw. In recent years, people have carried out a lot of theoretical and experimental research on screws. There are nearly 100 types of screws. The common ones are separation type, shear type, barrier type, split type and wave type.
From the perspective of single-screw development, although the single-screw extruder has been relatively complete, with the continuous development of polymer materials and plastic products, new and special single-screw extruders with more characteristics will emerge. In general, single-screw extruders are developing in the direction of high speed, high efficiency and specialization.
The twin-screw extruder has good feeding characteristics, is suitable for powder processing, and has better mixing, exhaust, reaction and self-cleaning functions than single-screw extruders, and is characterized by processing plastics and blends with poor thermal stability. It shows its superiority even more.
A plastic extruder performs all of the following processes through a barrel with a screw and auger channel. The plastic pellets enter the barrel through a hopper at one finish of the barrel and are then transferred through the screw to the opposite finish of the barrel. What are the working principle and molding principles of a plastic extruder? The following is a detailed description.
Here is the content list:
Pressure and shearing, etc., convert the solid plastic into a uniform and consistent melt and send the melt to the next process. The production of the melt involves processes such as mixing additives such as masterbatches, blending resins, and re-crushing. The finished melt must be homogeneous in consistency and temperature. The pressurization must be high enough to extrude the viscous polymer.
To have sufficient pressure, the depth of the threads on the screw decreases as the distance to the hopper increases. The external heating and the internal heat generated in the plastic and the screw due to friction softens and melts the plastic. The design requirements for plastic extruders often vary from polymer to polymer and from application to application. Many options involve discharge ports, multiple loading ports, special mixing devices along the screw, cooling and heating of the melt with or without an external heat source (adiabatic plastic extruders), the relative size of the gap variation between the screw and the barrel, and the number of screws. For example, twin-screw plastic extruders allow for more thorough mixing of the melt than single-screw plastic extruders. Tandem extrusion uses the melt-extruded from the first plastic extruder as feedstock for the second plastic extruder, which is typically used to produce extruded polyethylene foam.
D L the characteristic dimensions of plastic extruders are the diameter of the screw (D) and the ratio of the length of the screw (L) to the diameter D L/D (D) (L/D. Plastic extruders usually consist of at least three segments. The first section, near the L/D) filling hopper, is the filling section. Its function is to allow the material to enter the plastic extruder at a relatively smooth rate. In general, this section will be kept at a relatively low temperature to avoid clogging the charging channels. The second section is the compression section, where the melt is formed and the pressure is increased. The transition from the charging section to the compression section can be abrupt or gradual (gentle). The last half, the metering section, is adjacent to the plastic extruder outlet and its main operate is that the uniformity of the fabric flowing out of the plastic extruder. In this section, the material should have sufficient residence time to ensure uniformity of composition and temperature.
At the end of the barrel, the plastic melt leaves the plastic extruder through a head that is designed in an ideal shape for the extruded melt stream to pass through.
Another important part is the drive mechanism of the plastic extruder. It controls the rotational speed of the screw, which determines the output of the plastic extruder. The power required is determined by the viscosity (flow resistance) of the polymer. The viscosity of the polymer depends on the temperature and flow rate and decreases with increasing temperature and shear. Plastic extruders are equipped with screens that keep impurities out of the screen. To avoid downtime, the screens should be able to be changed automatically. This is especially important when processing resin with impurities, such as recycled material. The extruder's screw is divided into feeding section, plasticizing, melting section, temperature according to the process parameters of the plastic particles, the model according to the diameter of the screw 20, 36, 52, 65, 75, 95, 120, 135. Plastic particles heated by the movement of the screw to change the original state, there are many types, depending on the specific application. The capacity of the frequency conversion is proportional to the diameter of the screw and then adjusted according to the different raw materials.
The extrusion method of plastic extruders generally refers to the melting of plastic at a high temperature of about 200°C. The melted plastic is then passed through a die to form the desired shape. Extrusion molding requires a deep understanding of the characteristics of plastics and extensive experience in mold design and is a technically demanding molding method.
Extrusion molding is a method of a continuous flow of material through a die by heating and pressurizing in an extruder, also known as "extrusion molding". Compared with other molding methods, it has the advantages of high efficiency and low unit cost.
Extrusion is mainly used for molding thermoplastics, but it can also be used for some thermosets. Extruded products are continuous profiles, such as tubes, rods, wires, sheets, films, wire, and cable cladding, etc. In addition, it can also be used for mixing, plasticizing and granulating, coloring, blending, etc. plastics.
The extruded products can be called "profiles", which are also called "profiles" because of their irregular cross-sectional shape.
Nanjing Jieya is a professional manufacturer of twin screw compounding extruders since 2004. Our extruders series include SHJ series, HT series, JY series, SJ series, etc. Today we will tell you the differences between SHJ series twin screw extruders and HT series high torque twin screw extruders from three main points below:
1. Torque grade
The torque rating grade of our SHJ series twin screw extruder is T/A3≤8 while HT series is 9≤T/A3≤13.5. Our HT series adopt high torque gear box, which is suitable for customers that pursuit high efficiency machines.
2. Power transmission
SHJ series use clutch for power transmission while HT series use torque protector, for example, R+W brand, Bibby brand, etc.
The output of HT series twin screw extruder is much higher than SHJ series.
So HT series can further improve the performance of extruders.But surely, price is higher than SHJ series.
The plastic extruder is a common plastic machinery equipment, in the process of the daily operation of the extruder, the extruder will have a variety of failures, affecting the normal production of plastic machinery, the following we will analyze the extruder failure.
Here is the content list:
Unstable host current
The main motor can not start
The head is not discharged smoothly or blocked
The main electric starting current is too high
The main motor makes an abnormal sound
1. Production reasons.
(1) Uneven feeding.
(2) The main motor bearing of the plastic extruder is damaged or poorly lubricated.
(3) A section of the heater is out of order and does not heat up.
(4) The screw adjustment pad is not correct, or the phase is not correct, and the component interferes.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the feeder, troubleshooting.
(2) Overhaul the main motor of the plastic extruder, replace the bearings if necessary.
(3) Check whether each heater is working properly, replace the heater if necessary.
(4) Check the adjustment pad, pull out the screw to check whether there is interference with the screw.
(1) There is a mistake in the start-up procedure of the plastic extruder.
(2) The main motor thread has a problem, whether the fuse is burned ring.
(3) The main motor-related chain device to function
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the program, reboot the machine in the correct boot sequence.
(2) Check the main motor circuit.
(3) Check whether the lube oil pump of the plastic extruder is started and check the status of the chain device associated with the main motor. The oil pump is not on and the motor cannot be turned on.
(4) The inverter induction power has not been discharged. Turn off the main power and wait for 5 minutes before starting again.
(5) Check whether the emergency button is reset.
(1) A section of the heater does not work, and the material is not plasticized well.
(2) The operating temperature setting is low, or the molecular weight distribution of plastic is wide and unstable.
(3) There may be foreign substances that do not melt easily.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the heater of the plastic extruder and replace it if necessary.
(2) Verify the set temperature of each section, and if necessary, consult with the technician to increase the temperature setting.
(3) Clean and check the extrusion system and the head.
(1) Insufficient heating time and high torque.
(2) A section of the heater does not work.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Apply hand pan machine when starting, if not easy, extend the heating time or check whether each section heater is working properly.
1. Produced by.
(1) The main motor bearing of the plastic extruder is damaged.
(2) The main motor silicon controlled rectifier line in silicon controlled damage.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Replace the main motor bearings.
(2) Check the silicon-controlled rectifier circuit, if necessary, replace the silicon-controlled components.
Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/. If you still have questions, you can contact us on the official website.
2022 CIM: Compounding Intelligent Manufacturing Conference is coming.
Nanjing Jieya team warmly welcome your visiting.
Booth no.: E10
Address: Suzhou, China
2022 Chinese Mid-autumn festival is coming.
Jieya team wish you happy mid-autumn festival and enjoy your holiday!!
Weigh the complete feeding system (silo, feeder and bulk material) through static scales and control the discharge flow of bulk materials through variable speed motors or electric vibrators. Material is discharged from the system (via screw, vibrating tube or trough), the "loss" measured per unit of time (dv/dt) is compared to the required feed rate (preset value), the actual (measured) The difference between the flow rate and the desired (preset) flow rate generates a corrective signal through the dosing controller, which automatically adjusts the dosing rate to maintain the accurate dosing amount without process lag. When the weight measured in the silo reaches the low level of the silo (refilling), the controller will control the feeding system according to the volumetric feeding, and then the silo will be reloaded quickly (manually or automatically), and the weight loss controller will restart . In a batch loss-in-weight system, the design is similar to a continuous loss-in-weight system, however, the accuracy of the final weight of the feed (batch) cycle is higher than the actual feed amount control. The controller accomplishes fast dosing by providing a high dosing signal to the variable speed drive, then transitions to a low dosing control signal for precise control at the end of the batch. Technical parameter
Metering accuracy ≤0.5%
Ingredient accuracy ≤0.5%
Batching measurement control range 0.01-300t/h
Scope of application
Continuous stabilized soil, cement batching in concrete mixing plants, sintering quantitative control feeding, coal powder quantitative control feeding and batching of various thick slurries, etc.
Product introduction of loss-in-weight scale: the loss-in-weight feeder consists of a hopper, a feeder (single and double-shaft screw feeder), a weighing system and a regulator. During operation, the hopper, material and feeder are weighed continuously. As the material is delivered, the actual rate of weight loss is measured and compared to the desired rate of weight loss (set point). Automatically corrects for deviations from setpoint by adjusting feeder rates. Thus, the material can be fed continuously and evenly and accurately.
Applicable scope: granule, powder, calcium carbonate, talcum powder, resin film powder, flour, starch, etc. Powder gravimetric feeder: solves the problem of feeding metering and feeding with poor fluidity while pellet gravimetric feeder solve any bridging problems that may occur.
The screw can be said to be the heart of the injection molding machine. The quality of the screw determines the quality of the product. The plasticizing screw of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder has the functions of conveying, melting, mixing, compression, metering and exhausting. It plays an important role in the quality of plasticization and is a key factor affecting the quality of plasticization.
What is the difference between engineering plastic twin screw extruder and single screw extruder?
What are the characteristics of engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
What are the structural principles of engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
1. Price: single screw extruder has simple structure and low price; Engineering plastic twin screen expander is complex and expensive
2. Plasticizing capacity: single screw extruder is suitable for plasticizing and extruding polymers and granular materials. The shear degradation of polymer is small, but the residence time of material in extruder is long; The engineering plastic twin screw extruder has good mixing and plasticizing ability, and the residence time of materials in the extruder is short, which is suitable for powder processing.
3. In terms of processing capacity and energy consumption: the engineering plastic twin screw extruder has large output, fast extrusion speed and low energy consumption per unit output, while the single screw extruder is poor.
4. Operability: the single screw extruder is easy to operate and the process control is simple; The operation of engineering plastic twin screen expander is relatively complex and the process control requirements are high.
1. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into parallel and conical according to the relative position of the two axes;
2. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into meshing type and non-meshing type according to the two screw meshing procedures;
3. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into the same direction and the opposite direction according to the rotation direction of the two screws, and there are inward and outward points in the opposite direction;
4. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into high speed and low speed according to the screw rotation speed;
5. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into whole and combination according to the structure of screw and barrel.
For the basic mechanism of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder process, in simple terms, a screw rotates in the barrel and pushes the plastic forward. The screw structure is an inclined surface or slope wound on the center layer, the purpose of which is to increase the pressure in order to overcome the greater resistance. As far as the engineering plastic twin screw extruder is concerned, there are three kinds of resistance that need to be overcome during work: one is friction, which includes the friction of solid particles (feeding) against the barrel wall and the first few revolutions of the screw (feeding zone). There are two kinds of mutual friction forces; the second is the adhesion of the melt on the cylinder wall; the third is the internal logistics resistance of the melt when it is pushed forward.
Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the development and production of engineering plastic twin screw extruders for several years. And it commits to provide perfect service for every customer from all over the world.