The extrusion technology used by the single screw extruder is making waves in the food production industry. We know that single screw extruder can mass produce enterprise products of various shapes and textures. It allows a seamless and continuous operation process, which means that this means lower costs and higher production and sales.
What are the reasons and solutions for the poor discharge or blockage of the single screw extruder head?
What is the importance of single screw extruder temperature control?
What is the importance of single screw extruder speed control?
1. Reasons: (1) A certain section of the heater does not work, and the material is poorly plasticized. (2) The operating temperature is set too low, or the molecular weight distribution of the plastic is wide and unstable. (3) There may be foreign objects in the single screw extruder that are not easy to melt.
2. Treatment method: (1) Check the heater and replace it if necessary. (2) Verify the set temperature of each section, negotiate with the technician if necessary, and increase the temperature set value. (3) Clean and check the extrusion system and head of the single screw extruder.
Temperature control refers to the temperature of the single screw extruder during plastic extrusion, including the temperature control of the barrel, die and transition body. These temperature controls are related to the viscosity of the material, the sensitivity to temperature, and the aggregation state of the polymer. In general, the temperature of the die head and transition body of single screw extruder is low for medium and low viscosity materials, and the temperature of die head and transition body for high viscosity materials is high, and the fluidity is good.
Speed control means that for single screw extrude processing, if the screw speed increases, the shear rate increases. Thermoplastic melts are mostly non-Newtonian pseudoplastic fluids, and their viscosity decreases with the increase of shear rate, and fluidity Increasing the extrusion output also increases. However, if the shear rate is too large, the melt viscosity is too low, which will cause difficulties in the production and operation of single screw extrude. At the same time, the low-viscosity melt will flow backwards under the action of the screw back pressure, and the leakage flow will increase significantly, which will affect the output to a certain extent. , Again, the screw may even slip at high speeds, so the screw speed should be controlled within a certain range. In addition, in the production process of single screw extrude, the screw speed should be kept as stable as possible to avoid fast and slow. Otherwise, it will cause uneven discharge due to excessive changes in the melt viscosity of the material, which will affect normal production.
Nanjing JlEYA is a single screw extruder manufacturer established for more than five years. We work with customers from design to completion to ensure that all technical requirements are met.
The development and application of twin screw extruders are increasingly eye-catching. Many aspects of the performance of single and twin screw extruders that dominate the extrusion industry can no longer meet the requirements of blending, filling, reinforcement, toughening and other modifications.
What is the structure of the twin screw extruder?
How does the twin screw extruder prevent material degradation?
What are the structural characteristics of the twin screw extruder?
The twin screw extruder, a unique modular screw block is designed on the screw shaft, which is broken three times within a pitch, called a mixing screw block. Corresponding to these gaps, there are three rows of mixing blocks arranged on the inner sleeve of the barrel. The pin and the screw reciprocate in the axial direction at the same time in the process of radial rotation. The twin screw extruder moves in the axial direction once every time it rotates. Due to this special movement mode and the effect of mixing and sorting screws and pins, the material is not only sheared between the mixing pins and the irregular trapezoidal mixing blocks. And it is transported back and forth. The countercurrent movement of the material adds a very useful axial mixing movement to the radial mixing. The melt is continuously cut, turned, kneaded and stretched, and the twin screw extruder regularly interrupts the simple Layered shear mixing.
Due to the simultaneous mixing in the radial and axial directions of the twin screw extruder, the mixing effect is enhanced and the best dispersion mixing and distributed mixing are ensured, so the homogenization time is short. In addition, the mutual engagement of the mixing pin and the screw block also improves the self-cleaning ability of the barrel. The twin screw extruder can ensure stable working pressure through proper screw block combination, without uncontrollable pressure and temperature fluctuations, and prevent material degradation in the barrel.
1. The main machine barrel and screw are assembled by building blocks
The barrel of the twin screw extruder is composed of multiple sets of open and closed barrels. The split barrel can be opened quickly and conveniently for easy cleaning and maintenance; the screw is composed of various mixing sleeves on the mandrel Composed of screw block and conveying screw block. The barrel and screw can be flexibly formed into an ideal form according to different types of materials and different technological requirements.
2. Unique design of gear box and swing box
The twin screw extruder realizes the axial reciprocating movement of the screw while rotating. Every time the screw rotates, it reciprocates once, and the thread is interrupted three times, thus producing a strong mixing effect. The mixing effect is in the axial direction rather than the radial direction, and occurs between the thread and the pin. All materials in the screw channel are subjected to uniform shear stress, instead of a thin layer of material being sheared.
Great products begin with the best engineering staff, and Nanjing JlEYA is ready to assist you with your technical requirements for twin screw extruder.
underwater pelletizing machine is similar to airflow granulator and water jet granulator. The equipment part mainly covers: plastic granulator, single and twin screw plastic extruder, plastic film blowing machine, bag making machine, printing machine, coating machine, Adhesive tape machine, tape slitting machine, slitting machine, strapping machine.
What is the problem of uneven pelletizing by the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the workflow of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the technological advantages of the underwater pelletizing machine?
1. underwater pelletizing machine, the machine head is not evenly heated, and the machine head temperature is stable before starting up;
2. The cooling water of the underwater pelletizing machine is boiled prematurely, and the water should be boiled when the machine head starts to discharge;
3. It is also possible that there is a problem with the hot runner design of the machine head, which is caused by uneven pressure.
Before being made into final products, most polymers must be blended and then pelletized to become marketable raw materials. The power required by the underwater pelletizing machine is directly proportional to the extrusion volume and exponentially related to the size of the filter screen. There are many different types of pelletizer designs, but all pelletizers have some common places, and they can be divided into two categories: cold pelletizing system and die face hot pelletizing system. The main difference between the two categories is the time arrangement of the pelletizing process. The cold pelletizing system cuts pellets from the solidified polymer at the end of the process; while in the die-face hot pelletizing system, pellets are cut when the molten polymer emerges from the die, and pellets are processed downstream cool down.
The underwater pelletizing machine treated by standard process has the following significant advantages:
The appearance standard of the products produced by the underwater pelletizing machine is exquisite and bright;
2. The hardness of the wear layer in contact with the material by the underwater pelletizing machine can reach HV 600-800, and the local hardness can reach HV900-1100. The hardness is increased to 2-4 times the original hardness. Compared with the non-standard machine without heat treatment, it is resistant to The wear performance is increased by 3-5 times;
3. The products of the underwater pelletizing machine are not deformed after long-term use, effectively avoiding the screw breaking due to the excessive wear of the barrel, and the stable service life is 2-3 times that of the traditional machine, which greatly reduces the investor's investment in replacement parts;
4. The wear-resistant layer of the barrel screw produced by the underwater pelletizing machine has high hardness, while the base material still retains good toughness and processing performance;
5. The service life of the screw of the underwater pelletizing machine has increased from the hundred-ton level of the ordinary plastic pelletizing machine to the thousand-ton level.
Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the production and development of underwater pelletizing machines for several years, and they have always put the needs of customers as their top priority. Here, you can choose the underwater pelletizing machine that suits your need.
The high efficiency of the single-screw extruderis mainly reflected in high output, low energy consumption, and low manufacturing cost. In terms of function, the plastic extruder has been used not only for extrusion molding and mixing processing of polymer materials but its use has been broadened to food, feed, electrode, building materials, packaging, ceramics, and other fields. So how to operate the single screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
Preparation work before starting the machine
1. For single-screw extruder extrusion production of materials, should meet the required drying requirements, if necessary, further drying.
2. According to the variety of products, size, select the head specifications, the machine will be installed in the order of the column, installed head flange, die body, mouth die, porous plate, and filter network.
3. Connect the compressed air pipe, install the core mold electric heating rod head heating ring, check the water system.
4. Adjust the gap evenly in all parts of the mouth die and check whether the centerline of the main machine and the auxiliary machine are aligned.
5. Start the single-screw extruder of each running equipment, check whether the operation is normal, and find faults in time to eliminate.
6. Turn on the electric heater, the head, body, and auxiliary machine evenly heated up, to be the temperature of each part than the normal production temperature of about 10 degrees, constant temperature of 30 ~ 60 minutes so that the machine temperature inside and outside the same.
Start-up is an important part of the production, poor control will damage the screw and head, the temperature is too high will cause plastic decomposition, the temperature is too low will damage the screw, barrel, and head. The start-up steps are as follows.
1. Start the machine at low speed, idle, check the screw for any abnormalities and motor, amperage meter current no overload phenomenon, the pressure gauge is normal. Machine idling should not be too long to prevent the screw and barrel-scraping grinding.
2. Gradually add a small amount of material, wait for the material extrusion out of the die, before the normal addition of material. Before the plastic is extruded, no one should be in front of the mouth die to prevent casualties.
3. After the plastic is extruded, it is necessary to lead the extruded material slowly on the cooling and shaping, traction equipment, and start this equipment beforehand. Then, according to the control instrument indication value and the requirements of the extruded products, each link will be properly adjusted until the extrusion operation reaches the normal state.
4. Cutting and sampling, checking whether the appearance meets the requirements, whether the size meets the standard, quickly testing the performance, and then adjusting the extrusion process according to the requirements of quality, so that the products meet the standard requirements.
1. Stop feeding, extrude the plastic in the single screw extruder and turn off the power of the barrel and head for the next operation.
2. Shut off the power of the main machine and the auxiliary machines at the same time.
3. Open the head connection flange, clean the porous plate and various parts of the head, when cleaning, should use copper rods, copper pieces, after cleaning, apply a little oil. Screw, barrel clean up, if necessary, the screw from the end of the machine out of the top, clean up after recovery, in general, available for the transition of material cleanup.
4. Extrusion of polyolefin plastics, usually in the extruder full load shutdown (with material shutdown), when the air should be prevented from entering the barrel, so as not to oxidize the material and affect the quality of the product when continuing production. For polyvinyl chloride plastics, can also stop with material, then close the material door, reduce the temperature at the head connection body (flange) 10 ~ 20 degrees, to stop the machine after the material squeeze net.
5. Close the total power and cooling water main valve.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
The Underwater pelletizing machine cuts pellets on the plastic steel ejection surface without centrifugal action to eject them, but direct water pressure flows through the nozzle surface to drain.
What is contained in the extrusion system of the Underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the use of the Underwater pelletizing machine?
What are the causes and solutions for the high melting of the Underwater pelletizing machine?
The extrusion system includes a snail, a cylinder, a funnel, a nozzle, and a nozzle. Through the extrusion system, the plastic is plasticized into a uniform melt and continuously extruded by the screw under the resulting pressure.
(1) Screw: It is the most important part of the Underwater pelletizing machine. It is directly related to the scope and productivity of the extruder. It consists of high-strength corrosion-resistant alloy steel.
(2) Cylinders: The cylinder is a metal cylinder that is generally made of alloy steel or composite steel tubes clad with alloy steel, heat resistant, high-pressure resistant, strong, wear-resistant, and corrosion-resistant. The cylinder and the screw are matched to each other to realize the crushing, grinding, melting, plasticization, suction, and compaction of the plastic as well as the continuous and uniform supply of the rubber material to the molding system. In general, the barrel length of an Underwater pelletizing machine is 15-30-fold its diameter, so that the plastic is completely heated and plasticized.
Underwater pelletizing machines can be used for chemical fertilizers, white soot, inorganic salts, chlorinated isocyanic acid, bleaching powder, pesticides, oxides, etc. as well as for industrial recycling dust: such as cast iron dust, lead, zinc, aluminum dust, converter dust, filter dust, grinding dust, etc. The material is forced to be pressed and molded by mechanical pressure without adding a net, and the purity of the product is guaranteed. The process process process is short, energy consumption is low, and performance high. The dry powder is directly granulated without a subsequent drying process, which is more conducive to the connection and transformation of the existing production process. The granular strength is high and the increase in bulk density is more significant than in other granulation processes. The Underwater pelletizing machine is particularly suitable for occasions to increase the specific weight of the product collection. The operating flexibility is great, the range of applications is wide and the crushing force can be adjusted by hydraulic pressure.
Causes analysis: high filter masks, low melting index of polypropylene powder and high feed volume, low temperature of each section of the Underwater pelletizing machine results in the material being incompletely melted, and a low opening rate of the template impede the extrusion of the nozzle head material, etc. The reasons may cause the melting pressure to be too high.
Solution: If the Underwater pelletizing machine produces products with a low melting index, a filter with a low mesh width should be used and the throttle opening should be enlarged to reduce backpressure; the filter should be replaced in time and the quality of different additives and polypropylene powder should be monitored. Contains medium ash. Reduce the feed load. Without compromising the quality of the extruded product, increase the temperature of each section of the cylinder to increase the temperature of the polypropylene melt and increase the flow capacity of the material. After the extruder has been stopped, increase the temperature of the head of the Underwater pelletizing machine and keep it at a constant temperature for a while and rinse and then thoroughly clean the template.
The underwater pelletizing machine have been used in many fields Nanjing JlEYA maintains close relationships with customers in underwater pelletizing machine industry, and is committed to strengthening production and operation, improving quality and safety.
The single screw extruder is mainly composed of 3 parts: extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed introduction to the basic structure of the single screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling system
The main role of the extrusion system of the single-screw extruder is to melt and plasticize the polymer material to form a uniform melt, to realize the transformation from the glassy state to the viscous flow state. And in this process to establish a certain pressure, by the screw continuous extrusion delivery to the head die. Thus, the extrusion system plays an important role in the molding quality and output of the extrusion process.
The extrusion system mainly includes the feeding device, screw, and barrel, which is the most critical part of the extruder, of which the screw is the heart of the extruder, the material through the rotation of the screw in order to move in the barrel and get pressurized and part of the heat.
The drive system of a single screw extruder is usually composed of a motor, reducer, and bearing, whose role is to drive the screw and supply the torque and torque required by the screw in the extrusion process. During the extrusion process, the screw speed is required to be stable and does not change with the change of screw load to ensure the uniform quality of the product. However, in different situations, the screw is required to be able to achieve variable speed in order to achieve a machine that can adapt to the requirements of extruding different materials or products of different shapes. In most extruders, the change of screw speed is achieved by adjusting the motor speed. The drive system of the single-screw extruder is also equipped with a good lubrication system and a device for rapid braking.
The heating and cooling system of a single screw extruder consist of a heating device and cooling device, which are necessary for the extrusion process to be carried out smoothly. The heating and cooling devices must ensure that the polymer materials are melted and plasticized and the temperature conditions during the molding process meet the process requirements.
The cooling device is generally set up in the extruder barrel, screw and hopper bottom, and other parts. Barrel cooling can be water-cooled or air-cooled, air-cooled is generally used for small and medium-sized single-screw extruders; large single-screw extruders are mostly water-cooled or a combination of the two forms. The cooling device at the bottom of the hopper is mainly to strengthen the solid material conveying effect, to prevent the material particles from becoming sticky due to the heating, blocking the material mouth and thus affecting the feeding. Generally, for extruders with a screw diameter of 90mm or more and high-speed extruders, a cooling device must be installed at the bottom of the hopper.
Our company focuses on twin-screw extruders, micro twin-screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin-screw extruders, and other kinds of research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin-screw compounding extruder. If you still want to know more, you can consult our company.
The special refining effect and excellent performance of the single screw extruder have been proved in practice. Practice has proved that the reciprocating single-screw mixing extruder is a new type of plastic extrusion equipment. The emergence of single screw extruder provides a high-performance plastic processing equipment for the majority of users. Made a huge contribution to the development of the plastics industry.
What is the function of the single screw extruder operation screen?
What is the significance of the emergence of a single screw extruder?
What are the application fields of single screw extruder?
The operating panel is installed above the single screw extruder and can be rotated within 60 degrees for easy operation. There is a power indicator and emergency stop button on the right side of the touch screen. In an emergency, press the emergency stop button to stop immediately, which is used to protect the safety of the operator and the single screw extruder. The data recording, parameter setting, operation control and other operations of the entire instrument are all completed in this operation screen.
In the process of polymer processing, in order to give the polymer certain processing characteristics or to give the product specific use performance, it is often necessary to blend different polymers or blend the polymer with various additives and pigments. The single-screw extruder has the characteristics of uniform shearing, high dispersion, high filling, and stretching of the melt. And it combines the advantages of single and twin screw extruders. The unique working principle, coupled with a complete set of threaded components and supporting equipment, makes it more widely used. On a single screw extruder, it can achieve mixing, Mixing, plasticizing, dispersing, shearing, stretching, degassing, and granulation make the interface area of the melt flow in the machine far larger than the general shear flow.
The reciprocating single-screw mixing extruder is a new type of plastic mixing processing equipment, which is widely used in the filling, blending, modification, crosslinking, grafting, color masterbatch, functional masterbatch, and resistance of various plastics. Production of fuel masterbatch, conductive material, degradable masterbatch, reinforcement, toughening and other special plastic materials.
Blending different types of polymers to obtain brand new polymer alloys with specific uses.
Various mineral fillers are added to the polymer melt to make high-filling materials with excellent performance and low price.
Production of various glass fiber reinforced and flame retardant products, with the addition of glass fiber up to 50%.
It is suitable for the production of various cable sheathing materials, insulating materials, cross-linking materials, semiconductors, shielding materials, and conductive materials.
Production of thermoplastic elastomers and hot melt adhesives.
The single screw extruder is increasingly used in industrial production.Nanjing JlEYA has committed itself to offering the best-suited single screw extruders at a reasonable price, and all that is necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
A single-screw extruder consists of an Archimedes screw rotating in a heated barrel. It is widely used because of its simple structure, easy manufacturing, high processing efficiency, and low price, and is the most technically mature and used type of extruder at present. The following is a detailed introduction to single-screw extruders.
Here is the content list:
The design concept of a single-screw extruder
Single-screw extruder features
Uses of single screw extruder
(1) Single-screw extruders are high-speed, high-output extrusions based on high quality, and the design concept of low-temperature plasticization ensures the extrusion of high-quality products. Two-step overall design to strengthen the plasticizing function and ensure the adjustment of high-performance extrusion.
(2) A special barrier of the single-screw extruder, integrated mixing design to ensure material mixing effect and high torque output, extra-large thrust bearing.
(3) The gears and shafts of a single screw extruder are high-strength alloy steel, carburized, ground teeth treatment, high hardness, high finish, and ultra-low noise. PLC intelligent control, the linkage between main and auxiliary machines is possible.
(4) Single screw extruder easy to monitor human-machine interface, easy to understand the processing and machine status, and the control method (temperature control instrument) can be changed as needed.
(5) The material of the single screw extruder is 38CrMoAL/A nitride treatment, which is wear-resistant. It has a combination of air-cooled and water-cooled cooling for strict temperature precision control, and the unique air inlet design makes it a perfect water-cooling device.
(6）Single screw extruder with grooved surface feeding bottom sleeve of screw barrel has enhanced feeding function, which provides a guarantee for high speed and high output extrusion.
1. Hard gearbox, AC or DC stepless drive speed regulation.
2. New screw structure, melt and mix uniformly to ensure low melt temperature and high output
3. Screw barrel material adopts nitride steel 38CrMoAIA nitride treatment, and the surface alloy treatment has higher hardness.
4. Cast copper, cast aluminum heater, air-cooled and water-cooled according to requirements.
5. Advanced electrical control system of single screw
Pipe extrusion of single-screw extruder: it is suitable for PP-R pipe, PE gas pipe, PEX cross-linked pipe, aluminum-plastic composite pipe, ABS pipe, PVC pipe, HDPE silicon core pipe, and various co-extruded composite pipes.
Sheet and plate extrusion: applicable to PVC, PET, PS, PP, PC, and other profiles and plates extrusion. Extrusion of various other plastics such as silk, rod, etc.
Profile extrusion: adjusting the extruder speed and changing the structure of the extrusion screw can be applied to the production of various plastic profiles such as PVC, polyolefin, etc. Modified pelletizing: It is suitable for blending, modifying, and enhancing pelletizing of various plastics.
Nanjing JlEYA is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder, which are widely used in compounding, modification, polymerization, devolatilization, reaction, recycling, and other fields. After 17 years of development for many years, now we have a 20,000 square meters plant, 300+ sets of annual sales, and export to more than 60 countries.