The engineering plastic twin screw extruder consists of a transmission device, a feed device, a barrel, and a screw. The function of each component is similar to that of a single-screw extruder. The difference to the single screw extruder is that in the engineering plastic twin screw extruder two parallel snails are arranged in the "cross-section" of the material.
What is the working principle of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
How do you treat a engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
Why is the cooling device particularly important when using engineering plastic twin screw extruders?
From the point of view of the principle of movement, the engineering plastic twin screw extruder distinguishes between the straight and uneven, and non-foaming types.
1. Double screw extruder of technical plastic
This type of engineering plastic twin screw extruder has a low speed and a high speed. The former is mainly used for profile extraction, while the latter is used for special polymer processing operations.
(1) Tightly machined extruder. The slow-running extruder has a closely combining screw geometry, in which the spiral antenna shape of one snail closely matches the spiral antenna shape of the other snail, i.e. the conjugated snail shape.
(2) Self-cleaning extruder. The simultaneous high-speed extruder has a closely tuned spiral shape. This type of snail can be executed with a relatively small snail split so that the snail has a closed self-cleaning effect. This type of engineering plastic twin screw extruder is called a compact self-cleaning engineering plastic twin screw extruder.
The gap between the two screw edges of the closely combining, opposing engineering plastic twin screw extruder is very small (much smaller than the gap in the evenly rotating engineering plastic twin screw extruder) so those positive conveying properties can be achieved.
2. Non-reciprocating double screw extruder of technical plastic
The axis distance between the two snails of the non-foaming engineering plastic twin screw extruder is greater than the sum of the radii of the two snails.
1. After using the engineering plastic twin screw extruder for 500 hours, iron chips or other impurities from the gears are in the gearbox. Therefore, the gears should be cleaned and the gear lubricant replaced.
2. The engineering plastic twin screw extruder should carry out a comprehensive inspection of the extruder after an operating period to check the density of all snails.
3. If the double screw extruder is suddenly switched off during production, the main drive, and the heating stops, if the power supply is restored, each section of the cylinder shall be reheated to the specified temperature and kept for a specified period, before you can start the extruder.
4. If the display and the display of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder are full, check if the contact of the thermocouple, etc. is good.
After the molded plastic extrusion layer has left the engineering plastic twin screw extruder, it should be cooled and formed immediately, otherwise, it will deform under the influence of gravity. The cooling method normally uses water cooling and is divided into quick cooling and slow cooling according to the different water temperatures. Fast cooling is the direct cooling by cold water. Rapid cooling is advantageous for the design of the extruded plastic layer, but in the case of crystalline polymers, due to sudden heat cooling, it is easy to leave internal stresses in the extruded layer structure, which leads to cracks during use. Generally PVC The plastic layer is deterred. Slow cooling should reduce the inner tension of the product. Water with different temperatures is given in the cooling water tank to gradually reduce the temperature and shape of the product. The extrusion of PE and PP takes place under slow cooling, i.e. through hot water, hot water, and cold water, which is called three-stage cooling.
Nanjing JlEYA is the leading manufacturer extruder manufacturer specializing in twin screw extrude. If you want to get more information, just go and connect them.
The plastic extruder is a common plastic machinery equipment, in the process of the daily operation of the extruder, the extruder will have a variety of failures, affecting the normal production of plastic machinery, the following we will analyze the extruder failure.
Here is the content list:
Unstable host current
The main motor can not start
The head is not discharged smoothly or blocked
The main electric starting current is too high
The main motor makes an abnormal sound
1. Production reasons.
(1) Uneven feeding.
(2) The main motor bearing of the plastic extruder is damaged or poorly lubricated.
(3) A section of the heater is out of order and does not heat up.
(4) The screw adjustment pad is not correct, or the phase is not correct, and the component interferes.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the feeder, troubleshooting.
(2) Overhaul the main motor of the plastic extruder, replace the bearings if necessary.
(3) Check whether each heater is working properly, replace the heater if necessary.
(4) Check the adjustment pad, pull out the screw to check whether there is interference with the screw.
(1) There is a mistake in the start-up procedure of the plastic extruder.
(2) The main motor thread has a problem, whether the fuse is burned ring.
(3) The main motor-related chain device to function
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the program, reboot the machine in the correct boot sequence.
(2) Check the main motor circuit.
(3) Check whether the lube oil pump of the plastic extruder is started and check the status of the chain device associated with the main motor. The oil pump is not on and the motor cannot be turned on.
(4) The inverter induction power has not been discharged. Turn off the main power and wait for 5 minutes before starting again.
(5) Check whether the emergency button is reset.
(1) A section of the heater does not work, and the material is not plasticized well.
(2) The operating temperature setting is low, or the molecular weight distribution of plastic is wide and unstable.
(3) There may be foreign substances that do not melt easily.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the heater of the plastic extruder and replace it if necessary.
(2) Verify the set temperature of each section, and if necessary, consult with the technician to increase the temperature setting.
(3) Clean and check the extrusion system and the head.
(1) Insufficient heating time and high torque.
(2) A section of the heater does not work.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Apply hand pan machine when starting, if not easy, extend the heating time or check whether each section heater is working properly.
1. Produced by.
(1) The main motor bearing of the plastic extruder is damaged.
(2) The main motor silicon controlled rectifier line in silicon controlled damage.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Replace the main motor bearings.
(2) Check the silicon-controlled rectifier circuit, if necessary, replace the silicon-controlled components.
Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/. If you still have questions, you can contact us on the official website.
The extrusion system of a single screw extruder includes a screw, a cylinder, a funnel, a head, and a nozzle. The plastic is plasticized by the extrusion system into a uniform melt and is continuous under the resulting pressure through the screw of the extruder head.
What is the relevant information about single screw extruders?
How to improve the product quality of the single screw extruder?
What role does the heating and cooling system play in the single screw extruder?
Each product type in the production line for single screw extruders has its operating characteristics. Only if you know their operating characteristics can you fully measure the efficiency of the machine.
Slug extruder's one of the guys. Record the operating points of single screw extruders and use single screw extruders correctly and sensibly.
The use of a single screw extruder includes several connections such as machine setup, adjustment, test run, operation, maintenance, and repair. Its use has the common characteristics of general machines, mainly in the drive engine and in the speed reduction device.
The working system of the single screw extruder, however, is the extrusion system, which has unique characteristics. When using the single screw extruder, pay particular attention to its properties.
1. About the extrusion product quality of the single screw extruder:
Injection extruders must conform to the raw material formula and process, the product size must correspond to the extrusion equipment and the raw materials must be sufficiently mixed and plasticized to ensure stable extrusion pressure and product quality.
2. Improve extrusion efficiency:
It is related to the selection of the single screw extruder, the screw structure, and the material properties, which are relative and must be considered comprehensively. Simple method, you can choose a larger extruder, the nozzle is opened into a nozzle and several forms.
The heating and cooling system of the inlet extruder consists of a heating device and a cooling device. It is a necessary condition for the smooth running of the extrusion process. The heater and cooling system shall ensure that the polymer material is melted and plasticized and that the temperature conditions during the molding process meet the process requirement.
The cooling system is generally installed in the cylinder, in the screw, and the bottom of the funnel of the inlet extruder. The cylinder cooling may be water-cooled or air-cooled. In general, small and medium extruder air cooling is used; Large series single screw extruders usually use water cooling or a combination of both. The main use of sludge cooling is a central water cooling system, the purpose of which is to increase the rate of solidification of the material, to stabilize the volume of discharges, and, at the same time, to improve product quality. The cooling system at the bottom of the funnel serves mainly to enhance the conveying effect of solids and to prevent the material particles from sticking due to the increase in temperature, blocking the material opening and impairing the supply. In general, in the case of extruders with screw diameters over 90 mm and fast-running screw extruders, a cooling device shall be installed at the bottom of the funnel.
Nanjing JlEYA has worked for many years to meet every customers’ need for single screw extruder. Just connect them.
underwater pelletizing machine is similar to airflow granulator and water jet granulator. The equipment part mainly covers: plastic granulator, single and twin screw plastic extruder, plastic film blowing machine, bag making machine, printing machine, coating machine, Adhesive tape machine, tape slitting machine, slitting machine, strapping machine.
What is the problem of uneven pelletizing by the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the workflow of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the technological advantages of the underwater pelletizing machine?
1. underwater pelletizing machine, the machine head is not evenly heated, and the machine head temperature is stable before starting up;
2. The cooling water of the underwater pelletizing machine is boiled prematurely, and the water should be boiled when the machine head starts to discharge;
3. It is also possible that there is a problem with the hot runner design of the machine head, which is caused by uneven pressure.
Before being made into final products, most polymers must be blended and then pelletized to become marketable raw materials. The power required by the underwater pelletizing machine is directly proportional to the extrusion volume and exponentially related to the size of the filter screen. There are many different types of pelletizer designs, but all pelletizers have some common places, and they can be divided into two categories: cold pelletizing system and die face hot pelletizing system. The main difference between the two categories is the time arrangement of the pelletizing process. The cold pelletizing system cuts pellets from the solidified polymer at the end of the process; while in the die-face hot pelletizing system, pellets are cut when the molten polymer emerges from the die, and pellets are processed downstream cool down.
The underwater pelletizing machine treated by standard process has the following significant advantages:
The appearance standard of the products produced by the underwater pelletizing machine is exquisite and bright;
2. The hardness of the wear layer in contact with the material by the underwater pelletizing machine can reach HV 600-800, and the local hardness can reach HV900-1100. The hardness is increased to 2-4 times the original hardness. Compared with the non-standard machine without heat treatment, it is resistant to The wear performance is increased by 3-5 times;
3. The products of the underwater pelletizing machine are not deformed after long-term use, effectively avoiding the screw breaking due to the excessive wear of the barrel, and the stable service life is 2-3 times that of the traditional machine, which greatly reduces the investor's investment in replacement parts;
4. The wear-resistant layer of the barrel screw produced by the underwater pelletizing machine has high hardness, while the base material still retains good toughness and processing performance;
5. The service life of the screw of the underwater pelletizing machine has increased from the hundred-ton level of the ordinary plastic pelletizing machine to the thousand-ton level.
Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the production and development of underwater pelletizing machines for several years, and they have always put the needs of customers as their top priority. Here, you can choose the underwater pelletizing machine that suits your need.
The single screw extruder is mainly composed of 3 parts: extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed introduction to the basic structure of the single screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling system
The main role of the extrusion system of the single-screw extruder is to melt and plasticize the polymer material to form a uniform melt, to realize the transformation from the glassy state to the viscous flow state. And in this process to establish a certain pressure, by the screw continuous extrusion delivery to the head die. Thus, the extrusion system plays an important role in the molding quality and output of the extrusion process.
The extrusion system mainly includes the feeding device, screw, and barrel, which is the most critical part of the extruder, of which the screw is the heart of the extruder, the material through the rotation of the screw in order to move in the barrel and get pressurized and part of the heat.
The drive system of a single screw extruder is usually composed of a motor, reducer, and bearing, whose role is to drive the screw and supply the torque and torque required by the screw in the extrusion process. During the extrusion process, the screw speed is required to be stable and does not change with the change of screw load to ensure the uniform quality of the product. However, in different situations, the screw is required to be able to achieve variable speed in order to achieve a machine that can adapt to the requirements of extruding different materials or products of different shapes. In most extruders, the change of screw speed is achieved by adjusting the motor speed. The drive system of the single-screw extruder is also equipped with a good lubrication system and a device for rapid braking.
The heating and cooling system of a single screw extruder consist of a heating device and cooling device, which are necessary for the extrusion process to be carried out smoothly. The heating and cooling devices must ensure that the polymer materials are melted and plasticized and the temperature conditions during the molding process meet the process requirements.
The cooling device is generally set up in the extruder barrel, screw and hopper bottom, and other parts. Barrel cooling can be water-cooled or air-cooled, air-cooled is generally used for small and medium-sized single-screw extruders; large single-screw extruders are mostly water-cooled or a combination of the two forms. The cooling device at the bottom of the hopper is mainly to strengthen the solid material conveying effect, to prevent the material particles from becoming sticky due to the heating, blocking the material mouth and thus affecting the feeding. Generally, for extruders with a screw diameter of 90mm or more and high-speed extruders, a cooling device must be installed at the bottom of the hopper.
Our company focuses on twin-screw extruders, micro twin-screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin-screw extruders, and other kinds of research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin-screw compounding extruder. If you still want to know more, you can consult our company.
A single-screw extruder consists of an Archimedes screw rotating in a heated barrel. It is widely used because of its simple structure, easy manufacturing, high processing efficiency, and low price, and is the most technically mature and used type of extruder at present. The following is a detailed introduction to single-screw extruders.
Here is the content list:
The design concept of a single-screw extruder
Single-screw extruder features
Uses of single screw extruder
(1) Single-screw extruders are high-speed, high-output extrusions based on high quality, and the design concept of low-temperature plasticization ensures the extrusion of high-quality products. Two-step overall design to strengthen the plasticizing function and ensure the adjustment of high-performance extrusion.
(2) A special barrier of the single-screw extruder, integrated mixing design to ensure material mixing effect and high torque output, extra-large thrust bearing.
(3) The gears and shafts of a single screw extruder are high-strength alloy steel, carburized, ground teeth treatment, high hardness, high finish, and ultra-low noise. PLC intelligent control, the linkage between main and auxiliary machines is possible.
(4) Single screw extruder easy to monitor human-machine interface, easy to understand the processing and machine status, and the control method (temperature control instrument) can be changed as needed.
(5) The material of the single screw extruder is 38CrMoAL/A nitride treatment, which is wear-resistant. It has a combination of air-cooled and water-cooled cooling for strict temperature precision control, and the unique air inlet design makes it a perfect water-cooling device.
(6）Single screw extruder with grooved surface feeding bottom sleeve of screw barrel has enhanced feeding function, which provides a guarantee for high speed and high output extrusion.
1. Hard gearbox, AC or DC stepless drive speed regulation.
2. New screw structure, melt and mix uniformly to ensure low melt temperature and high output
3. Screw barrel material adopts nitride steel 38CrMoAIA nitride treatment, and the surface alloy treatment has higher hardness.
4. Cast copper, cast aluminum heater, air-cooled and water-cooled according to requirements.
5. Advanced electrical control system of single screw
Pipe extrusion of single-screw extruder: it is suitable for PP-R pipe, PE gas pipe, PEX cross-linked pipe, aluminum-plastic composite pipe, ABS pipe, PVC pipe, HDPE silicon core pipe, and various co-extruded composite pipes.
Sheet and plate extrusion: applicable to PVC, PET, PS, PP, PC, and other profiles and plates extrusion. Extrusion of various other plastics such as silk, rod, etc.
Profile extrusion: adjusting the extruder speed and changing the structure of the extrusion screw can be applied to the production of various plastic profiles such as PVC, polyolefin, etc. Modified pelletizing: It is suitable for blending, modifying, and enhancing pelletizing of various plastics.
Nanjing JlEYA is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder, which are widely used in compounding, modification, polymerization, devolatilization, reaction, recycling, and other fields. After 17 years of development for many years, now we have a 20,000 square meters plant, 300+ sets of annual sales, and export to more than 60 countries.
The drive section of the twin screw extruder consists of 3 parts: motor, clutch, and gearbox.
The reduction and distribution gear unit reduces the motor speed to the screw shaft speed and distributes the input torque to the two output shafts. Clutch is installed between the drive motor and the gearbox drive shaft.
The processing section of the twin screw extruder in SHJ series extruder consists of individual barrel sections which are replaceable. Depending on the process tasks, reserve feed port, liquid injection port or twin screw side feed port is available.
Owing to the modular design of the twin screw extruder screw elements and screw barrels, conveying, plasticizing, homogenizing, pressure build-up and devolatilization zones can be established, depending on the process task.
For product intake and conveying, screw elements are used. The extruder can be fed with powder, pellets, chips, melt, paste, etc.
Plasticizing, mixing and dispersing are done by the twin screw extruder kneading elements. By varying the thickness of the kneading disks and their angle of stagger, their mixing, shearing and dispersing action can be adjusted to the individual requirements.
The screw elements are arranged on screw shafts. The co-rotating and closely intermeshing screw shafts have a sealing profile.
The screw barrels are supported by barrel supports. Axial displacement of the processing section resulting from thermal dilatation is absorbed by these supports.
The discharge section of the twin screw extruder consists of die head and screen changer, which is installed at the end of twin screw extruder discharging direction. There are several types of die heads and screen changers to meet the requirements of different polymers and processing technology.