A single-screw extruder consists of an Archimedes screw rotating in a heated barrel. It is widely used because of its simple structure, easy manufacturing, high processing efficiency, and low price, and is the most technically mature and used type of extruder at present. The following is a detailed introduction to single-screw extruders.
Here is the content list:
The design concept of a single-screw extruder
Single-screw extruder features
Uses of single screw extruder
(1) Single-screw extruders are high-speed, high-output extrusions based on high quality, and the design concept of low-temperature plasticization ensures the extrusion of high-quality products. Two-step overall design to strengthen the plasticizing function and ensure the adjustment of high-performance extrusion.
(2) A special barrier of the single-screw extruder, integrated mixing design to ensure material mixing effect and high torque output, extra-large thrust bearing.
(3) The gears and shafts of a single screw extruder are high-strength alloy steel, carburized, ground teeth treatment, high hardness, high finish, and ultra-low noise. PLC intelligent control, the linkage between main and auxiliary machines is possible.
(4) Single screw extruder easy to monitor human-machine interface, easy to understand the processing and machine status, and the control method (temperature control instrument) can be changed as needed.
(5) The material of the single screw extruder is 38CrMoAL/A nitride treatment, which is wear-resistant. It has a combination of air-cooled and water-cooled cooling for strict temperature precision control, and the unique air inlet design makes it a perfect water-cooling device.
(6）Single screw extruder with grooved surface feeding bottom sleeve of screw barrel has enhanced feeding function, which provides a guarantee for high speed and high output extrusion.
1. Hard gearbox, AC or DC stepless drive speed regulation.
2. New screw structure, melt and mix uniformly to ensure low melt temperature and high output
3. Screw barrel material adopts nitride steel 38CrMoAIA nitride treatment, and the surface alloy treatment has higher hardness.
4. Cast copper, cast aluminum heater, air-cooled and water-cooled according to requirements.
5. Advanced electrical control system of single screw
Pipe extrusion of single-screw extruder: it is suitable for PP-R pipe, PE gas pipe, PEX cross-linked pipe, aluminum-plastic composite pipe, ABS pipe, PVC pipe, HDPE silicon core pipe, and various co-extruded composite pipes.
Sheet and plate extrusion: applicable to PVC, PET, PS, PP, PC, and other profiles and plates extrusion. Extrusion of various other plastics such as silk, rod, etc.
Profile extrusion: adjusting the extruder speed and changing the structure of the extrusion screw can be applied to the production of various plastic profiles such as PVC, polyolefin, etc. Modified pelletizing: It is suitable for blending, modifying, and enhancing pelletizing of various plastics.
Nanjing JlEYA is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder, which are widely used in compounding, modification, polymerization, devolatilization, reaction, recycling, and other fields. After 17 years of development for many years, now we have a 20,000 square meters plant, 300+ sets of annual sales, and export to more than 60 countries.
2022 CIM: Compounding Intelligent Manufacturing Conference is coming.
Nanjing Jieya team warmly welcome your visiting.
Booth no.: E10
Address: Suzhou, China
The structure of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder barrel is basically similar to that of the single-screw extruder screw barrel. From the appearance structure, the twin-screw extruder barrel is also divided into an integral barrel and a segmented barrel. The engineering plastic twin screw extruder is an upgrade of the single screw extruder, which has also greatly improved the efficiency of use.
What are the reasons why people choose engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
What is the workflow of engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
What are the essential devices in the engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
1. Improve labor efficiency
When the equipment is repaired, engineering plastic twin screw extruder only needs to loosen a few bolts, turn the worm gear box handle device to lift the upper part of the barrel to open the entire barrel, and then perform repairs. This not only shortens the maintenance time, but also reduces the labor intensity.
2. High torque and high speed
The development trend of engineering plastic twin screw extruder in the world is towards high torque, high speed, and low energy consumption. The effect of high speed is high productivity. engineering plastic twin screw extruder belongs to this category, and its speed can reach 500 rpm. Therefore, it has unique advantages in processing high-viscosity, heat-sensitive materials.
3. Wide range of applications
engineering plastic twin screw extruder has a wide range of applications and can be applied to the processing of a variety of materials
4. High output, high quality
engineering plastic twin screw extruder has other advantages of ordinary extruder, and can achieve high output, high quality and high efficiency.
The engineering plastic twin screw extruder used for profile extrusion is usually tightly meshed and rotated in different directions, although a few also use co-rotating twin screw extruders, generally operating at a relatively low screw speed, about 10 r/ min. The high-speed meshing co-rotating engineering plastic twin screw extruder is used for compounding, venting or as a continuous chemical reactor. The maximum screw speed of this type of extruder is 300-600r/min. Non-intermeshing extruder is used for mixing, venting and chemical reaction. Its conveying mechanism is quite different from intermeshing extruder, which is closer to the conveying mechanism of single screw extruder, although there are essential differences between the two.
Among the straightening devices used in engineering plastic twin screw extruder, the most common one is eccentric, and various types of bending of the core are one of the important reasons for the insulation eccentricity. In sheath extrusion, scratches on the sheath surface are often caused by the bending of the cable core. Therefore, the straightening device in various engineering plastic twin screw extruder is indispensable. The main types of straightening devices are: drum type (divided into horizontal and vertical); pulley type (divided into single pulley and pulley block); winch type, which has multiple functions such as dragging, straightening, and tension stabilization; Press wheel type (divided into horizontal type and vertical type), etc.
The engineering plastic twin screw extruders are used more and more widely in daily life, but its quality has a great influence on the experience of use. Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the production and development of engineering plastic twin screw extruders for more than several years, and they have always put the needs of customers as their top priority.
The special refining effect and excellent performance of the single screw extruder have been proved in practice. Practice has proved that the reciprocating single-screw mixing extruder is a new type of plastic extrusion equipment. The emergence of single screw extruder provides a high-performance plastic processing equipment for the majority of users. Made a huge contribution to the development of the plastics industry.
What is the function of the single screw extruder operation screen?
What is the significance of the emergence of a single screw extruder?
What are the application fields of single screw extruder?
The operating panel is installed above the single screw extruder and can be rotated within 60 degrees for easy operation. There is a power indicator and emergency stop button on the right side of the touch screen. In an emergency, press the emergency stop button to stop immediately, which is used to protect the safety of the operator and the single screw extruder. The data recording, parameter setting, operation control and other operations of the entire instrument are all completed in this operation screen.
In the process of polymer processing, in order to give the polymer certain processing characteristics or to give the product specific use performance, it is often necessary to blend different polymers or blend the polymer with various additives and pigments. The single-screw extruder has the characteristics of uniform shearing, high dispersion, high filling, and stretching of the melt. And it combines the advantages of single and twin screw extruders. The unique working principle, coupled with a complete set of threaded components and supporting equipment, makes it more widely used. On a single screw extruder, it can achieve mixing, Mixing, plasticizing, dispersing, shearing, stretching, degassing, and granulation make the interface area of the melt flow in the machine far larger than the general shear flow.
The reciprocating single-screw mixing extruder is a new type of plastic mixing processing equipment, which is widely used in the filling, blending, modification, crosslinking, grafting, color masterbatch, functional masterbatch, and resistance of various plastics. Production of fuel masterbatch, conductive material, degradable masterbatch, reinforcement, toughening and other special plastic materials.
Blending different types of polymers to obtain brand new polymer alloys with specific uses.
Various mineral fillers are added to the polymer melt to make high-filling materials with excellent performance and low price.
Production of various glass fiber reinforced and flame retardant products, with the addition of glass fiber up to 50%.
It is suitable for the production of various cable sheathing materials, insulating materials, cross-linking materials, semiconductors, shielding materials, and conductive materials.
Production of thermoplastic elastomers and hot melt adhesives.
The single screw extruder is increasingly used in industrial production.Nanjing JlEYA has committed itself to offering the best-suited single screw extruders at a reasonable price, and all that is necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
With the development of modern industry, the underwater pelletizing machine has become an important production equipment used in all aspects of production.
What is the working principle of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the operating procedure of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What are the reasons why people choose underwater pelletizing machine?
The material using the underwater pelletizing machine will pass through the feeding port, and under the action of the rotating screw, it will be rolled into a dough and roll forward along the screw groove. Due to the shear, compression and agitation of the screw, the material will be further mixed and plasticized. , The temperature and pressure gradually increase, showing a state of viscous flow, and passing through the machine head with a certain pressure and temperature, and finally a product of the desired shape is obtained.
(1) Check the rotation direction of the impeller of the underwater pelletizing machine. From the feed inlet, the impeller should turn counterclockwise, otherwise the motor connection should be adjusted.
(2) The starting sequence of the underwater pelletizing machine and the material conveying equipment is as follows:
Discharge belt conveyor→PL vertical impact crusher→feeding belt conveyor
The crusher must be started without load, and the material can only be fed after the crusher is running normally.
(3) The feed size is strictly in accordance with the feed size specified by the various models. It is forbidden to enter the underwater pelletizing machine with the size of the material larger than the specified size, otherwise it will cause the impeller imbalance and excessive wear of the impeller, and even block the impeller flow path and The central feed pipe prevents the crusher from working normally. When a large piece of material is found, it should be removed in time.
(4) When the discharge belt conveyor stops running, the feeding should be stopped immediately, so the discharge belt conveyor should be interlocked with the feeding system to open and stop. Otherwise, the impeller will be crushed and the motor will be burnt.
(5) The feeding of the underwater pelletizing machine should be uniform and continuous.
(6) During the operation of the underwater pelletizing machine, there must be no violent vibration or abnormal noise, otherwise, it should be stopped immediately for inspection, and the machine can only be driven in order after the fault is removed.
(7) The observation door should be sealed tightly during the working process of the underwater pelletizing machine.
The difference between the underwater pelletizing machine and other similar products is that it has a steady stream of water flowing through the mold surface, and it is in direct contact with the mold surface. The size of the pelletizing chamber is just enough to allow the pelletizing knife to rotate freely across the die surface without restricting the temperature of the water flow. The molten polymer has been extruded from the die, and the rotating knife cuts the pellets. And then the pellets are taken out of the pelletizing chamber by the temperature-regulated water and enter the centrifugal dryer. In the dryer of the underwater pelletizing machine, the water will be drained back to the storage tank, cooled and recycled; the pellets pass through the centrifugal dryer to remove the water.
This is how we see the irreplaceable role of underwater pelletizing machine in our daily lives and industrial production. Nanjing JlEYA, the pioneer of underwater pelletizing machine producing company in China, knows that every application is special. You can go and get more information about them
The engineering plastic twin screw extruder consists of a transmission device, a feed device, a barrel, and a screw. The function of each component is similar to that of a single-screw extruder. The difference to the single screw extruder is that in the engineering plastic twin screw extruder two parallel snails are arranged in the "cross-section" of the material.
What is the working principle of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
How do you treat a engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
Why is the cooling device particularly important when using engineering plastic twin screw extruders?
From the point of view of the principle of movement, the engineering plastic twin screw extruder distinguishes between the straight and uneven, and non-foaming types.
1. Double screw extruder of technical plastic
This type of engineering plastic twin screw extruder has a low speed and a high speed. The former is mainly used for profile extraction, while the latter is used for special polymer processing operations.
(1) Tightly machined extruder. The slow-running extruder has a closely combining screw geometry, in which the spiral antenna shape of one snail closely matches the spiral antenna shape of the other snail, i.e. the conjugated snail shape.
(2) Self-cleaning extruder. The simultaneous high-speed extruder has a closely tuned spiral shape. This type of snail can be executed with a relatively small snail split so that the snail has a closed self-cleaning effect. This type of engineering plastic twin screw extruder is called a compact self-cleaning engineering plastic twin screw extruder.
The gap between the two screw edges of the closely combining, opposing engineering plastic twin screw extruder is very small (much smaller than the gap in the evenly rotating engineering plastic twin screw extruder) so those positive conveying properties can be achieved.
2. Non-reciprocating double screw extruder of technical plastic
The axis distance between the two snails of the non-foaming engineering plastic twin screw extruder is greater than the sum of the radii of the two snails.
1. After using the engineering plastic twin screw extruder for 500 hours, iron chips or other impurities from the gears are in the gearbox. Therefore, the gears should be cleaned and the gear lubricant replaced.
2. The engineering plastic twin screw extruder should carry out a comprehensive inspection of the extruder after an operating period to check the density of all snails.
3. If the double screw extruder is suddenly switched off during production, the main drive, and the heating stops, if the power supply is restored, each section of the cylinder shall be reheated to the specified temperature and kept for a specified period, before you can start the extruder.
4. If the display and the display of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder are full, check if the contact of the thermocouple, etc. is good.
After the molded plastic extrusion layer has left the engineering plastic twin screw extruder, it should be cooled and formed immediately, otherwise, it will deform under the influence of gravity. The cooling method normally uses water cooling and is divided into quick cooling and slow cooling according to the different water temperatures. Fast cooling is the direct cooling by cold water. Rapid cooling is advantageous for the design of the extruded plastic layer, but in the case of crystalline polymers, due to sudden heat cooling, it is easy to leave internal stresses in the extruded layer structure, which leads to cracks during use. Generally PVC The plastic layer is deterred. Slow cooling should reduce the inner tension of the product. Water with different temperatures is given in the cooling water tank to gradually reduce the temperature and shape of the product. The extrusion of PE and PP takes place under slow cooling, i.e. through hot water, hot water, and cold water, which is called three-stage cooling.
Nanjing JlEYA is the leading manufacturer extruder manufacturer specializing in twin screw extrude. If you want to get more information, just go and connect them.
The extrusion technology used by the single screw extruder is making waves in the food production industry. We know that single screw extruder can mass produce enterprise products of various shapes and textures. It allows a seamless and continuous operation process, which means that this means lower costs and higher production and sales.
What are the reasons and solutions for the poor discharge or blockage of the single screw extruder head?
What is the importance of single screw extruder temperature control?
What is the importance of single screw extruder speed control?
1. Reasons: (1) A certain section of the heater does not work, and the material is poorly plasticized. (2) The operating temperature is set too low, or the molecular weight distribution of the plastic is wide and unstable. (3) There may be foreign objects in the single screw extruder that are not easy to melt.
2. Treatment method: (1) Check the heater and replace it if necessary. (2) Verify the set temperature of each section, negotiate with the technician if necessary, and increase the temperature set value. (3) Clean and check the extrusion system and head of the single screw extruder.
Temperature control refers to the temperature of the single screw extruder during plastic extrusion, including the temperature control of the barrel, die and transition body. These temperature controls are related to the viscosity of the material, the sensitivity to temperature, and the aggregation state of the polymer. In general, the temperature of the die head and transition body of single screw extruder is low for medium and low viscosity materials, and the temperature of die head and transition body for high viscosity materials is high, and the fluidity is good.
Speed control means that for single screw extrude processing, if the screw speed increases, the shear rate increases. Thermoplastic melts are mostly non-Newtonian pseudoplastic fluids, and their viscosity decreases with the increase of shear rate, and fluidity Increasing the extrusion output also increases. However, if the shear rate is too large, the melt viscosity is too low, which will cause difficulties in the production and operation of single screw extrude. At the same time, the low-viscosity melt will flow backwards under the action of the screw back pressure, and the leakage flow will increase significantly, which will affect the output to a certain extent. , Again, the screw may even slip at high speeds, so the screw speed should be controlled within a certain range. In addition, in the production process of single screw extrude, the screw speed should be kept as stable as possible to avoid fast and slow. Otherwise, it will cause uneven discharge due to excessive changes in the melt viscosity of the material, which will affect normal production.
Nanjing JlEYA is a single screw extruder manufacturer established for more than five years. We work with customers from design to completion to ensure that all technical requirements are met.
The basic mechanism of the twin screw extrusion process is simply that a screw rotates in the barrel and pushes the plastic forward. The screw structure is a bevel or ramp wrapped around a central layer, the purpose of which is to increase the pressure to overcome the higher resistance. What do I need to pay attention to when using a twin screw extruder? The following is a detailed description.
Here is the content list:
l Structural principles
l Temperature principles
l Speed reduction principle
For the extruder, there are three kinds of resistance to overcome when working: one is friction, which contains the friction of the solid particles (feed) on the barrel wall and the mutual friction between them during the first few turns of the screw (feed area); the second is the adhesion of the melt on the barrel wall, and the third is the resistance of the internal logistics of the melt when it is pushed forward.
According to Newton's theorem, if an object is at rest in a certain direction, then the object is in a state of equilibrium balance of forces in this direction. For the circumferential movement of the screw, it is no axial motion, that is, the axial force on the screw is in equilibrium. So if the screw exerts a large forward thrust on the plastic melt, it also exerts a backward thrust on another object of the same magnitude but in the same direction. The thrust is exerted on the thrust bearing behind the feed opening. Most single screws have right hand threads, and if viewed from the back, they rotate backward, and they spin backward out of the barrel by rotational motion. In some twin screw extruders, however, the two screws rotate backward and cross each other in both barrels, so one must be right handed and one left handed, and in the case of an occluding twin screw, both screws rotate in the same direction and must therefore have the same orientation. However, in either case, there are thrust bearings that withstand backward forces and still comply with Newton's theorem.
Plastics extruded by twin screw extruders are thermoplastics, which melt when heated and solidify again when cooled. Thus, heat is needed during the extrusion process to ensure that the plastic can reach the melting temperature. So where does the heat to melt the plastic come from? First of all, the pound feed preheat and barrel/die heaters may play a role and are very important at startup. In addition, the motor feed energy, the frictional heat generated in the barrel as the motor overcomes the resistance of the viscous melt and turns the screw, is the most important heat source for all plastics, except for small systems, low speed screws, high melt temperature plastics, and extrusion coating applications. In operation, it is important to recognize that the barrel heater is not the primary heat source and that it may play a smaller role in extrusion than we might expect. The post barrel temperature is more important because it affects the rate of solids transport in the dentition or feed. In general, except for a specific purpose (such as varnishing, fluid distribution, or pressure control), the die head and die temperature should be at or near the temperature required for the melt.
In most twin screw extruders, the screw speed is varied by adjusting the motor speed. The drive motor usually turns at a full speed of about 1750 rpm, which is too fast for an extruder screw. If it turns at such a fast speed, too much frictional heat is generated and a uniform, the well mixed melt cannot be prepared because the retention time of the plastic is too short. A typical speed reduction ratio should be between 10:1 and 20:1, with either a gear or pulley set for the first stage, but with a gear and a screw positioned in the center of the last large gear for the second stage. For some slow running machines (eg. twin screws for UPVC), there may be three reduction stages and the maximum speed may be as low as 30 rpm or less (ratio up to 60:1). On the other hand, some very long twin screws for mixing can run at 600 rpm or faster, thus requiring a very low reduction rate and more deep cooling. If the reduction rate is incorrectly matched to the job, too much energy will be wasted. It may be necessary to add a pulley set between the motor and the first deceleration stage where the maximum speed is changed, which either increases the screw speed even beyond the previous limit or reduces the maximum speed. This increases the available energy, reduces the current value, and avoids motor failure, in both cases, the output may increase due to the material and its cooling needs.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Nanjing JlEYA is the leading professional manufacturer of twin screw extruders in China.