The main machine of the plastic extruder is the extruder, which is composed of an extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed description of the composition of the plastic extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling device
A homogeneous melt is plasticized bypassing the plastic through the extrusion system, which consists of a screw, barrel, hopper, head, and die.
The function of the drive system is to drive the screw, supplying the torque and speed required by the screw during the extrusion process, usually consisting of an electric motor, reducer, and bearings.
The manufacturing cost of the reducer is roughly proportional to its size and weight, provided that the structure is the same. Because the shape and weight of the reducer are large, it means that more materials are consumed in the manufacturing, and the bearings used are also larger, which increases the manufacturing cost.
For a similar screw diameter extruder, the high speed and high potency extruder consume additional energy than the traditional extruder, the motor power is doubled, and also the reducer seat range is raised consequently is critical，however a high screw speed means that an occasional reduction magnitude relation. For the same size reducer, the gear modulus of the low reduction ratio increases compared to the large reduction ratio, and the capacity of the reducer to bear the load also increases. Therefore, the rise in volume and weight of the reducer isn't linearly proportional to the rise in motor power. If the extrusion volume is employed because of the divisor and dividend by the burden of the reducer, the high speed and high potency extruder can have a smaller range and the normal extruder will have a larger number.
In terms of unit output, the small motor power and the small weight of the reducer of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder means that the manufacturing cost per unit output of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder is lower than that of the normal extruder.
Heating and cooling are necessary to enable the plastic extrusion process to proceed.
(1) Extruders usually use electric heating, which is divided into resistance heating and induction heating, with heating sheets installed in each part of the body, neck, and head. The heating device heats the plastic inside the barrel from the outside to warm it up to the temperature required for the process operation.
(2) The cooling device is installed to ensure that the plastic is in the temperature range required for the process. Specifically, it is to exclude the excess heat generated by the shear friction of the rotating screw to avoid the plastic from decomposing, scorching, or shaping difficulties due to the high temperature. Barrel cooling is divided into two kinds of water-cooled and air-cooled, generally small and medium-sized extrusion machine using air-cooled is more appropriate, large is more water-cooled or a combination of two forms of cooling; screw cooling is mainly used in the center of water-cooled, the purpose is to increase the rate of solid material delivery, stabilize the amount of rubber, while improving product quality; but the cooling at the hopper, one is to strengthen the role of solid material delivery, to prevent the plastic grain sticky blockage because of the heating the second is to ensure the normal work of the transmission part.
If you are engaged in the industry related to the extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products. Our company is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China.
The screw can be said to be the heart of the injection molding machine. The quality of the screw determines the quality of the product. The plasticizing screw of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder has the functions of conveying, melting, mixing, compression, metering and exhausting. It plays an important role in the quality of plasticization and is a key factor affecting the quality of plasticization.
What is the difference between engineering plastic twin screw extruder and single screw extruder?
What are the characteristics of engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
What are the structural principles of engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
1. Price: single screw extruder has simple structure and low price; Engineering plastic twin screen expander is complex and expensive
2. Plasticizing capacity: single screw extruder is suitable for plasticizing and extruding polymers and granular materials. The shear degradation of polymer is small, but the residence time of material in extruder is long; The engineering plastic twin screw extruder has good mixing and plasticizing ability, and the residence time of materials in the extruder is short, which is suitable for powder processing.
3. In terms of processing capacity and energy consumption: the engineering plastic twin screw extruder has large output, fast extrusion speed and low energy consumption per unit output, while the single screw extruder is poor.
4. Operability: the single screw extruder is easy to operate and the process control is simple; The operation of engineering plastic twin screen expander is relatively complex and the process control requirements are high.
1. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into parallel and conical according to the relative position of the two axes;
2. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into meshing type and non-meshing type according to the two screw meshing procedures;
3. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into the same direction and the opposite direction according to the rotation direction of the two screws, and there are inward and outward points in the opposite direction;
4. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into high speed and low speed according to the screw rotation speed;
5. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into whole and combination according to the structure of screw and barrel.
For the basic mechanism of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder process, in simple terms, a screw rotates in the barrel and pushes the plastic forward. The screw structure is an inclined surface or slope wound on the center layer, the purpose of which is to increase the pressure in order to overcome the greater resistance. As far as the engineering plastic twin screw extruder is concerned, there are three kinds of resistance that need to be overcome during work: one is friction, which includes the friction of solid particles (feeding) against the barrel wall and the first few revolutions of the screw (feeding zone). There are two kinds of mutual friction forces; the second is the adhesion of the melt on the cylinder wall; the third is the internal logistics resistance of the melt when it is pushed forward.
Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the development and production of engineering plastic twin screw extruders for several years. And it commits to provide perfect service for every customer from all over the world.
The difference between single screw extruder and twin screw extruder: one is a screw, the other is two screws. Both are driven by a motor. The power varies with different screw sizes. The power of 50 conical twin screw extruder is about 20kW, and 65 is about 37kW. The output is related to the material and the screw size. The output of 50 conical twin screw extruder is about 100-150kg/h, and 65 conical twin screw extruder is about 200-280kg/h. The output of a single screw is only half than twin screw extruder.
Extruders can be divided into single-screw, twin-screw and multi-screw extruders according to the number of screws. Today, the single-screw extruder is the most widely used and is suitable for extrusion processing of general materials. The twin-screw extruder has the characteristics of less heat generated by friction, relatively uniform shearing of the material, large conveying capacity of the screw, relatively stable extrusion volume, long residence of the material in the barrel, and uniform mixing.
The single-screw extruder occupies an important position both as a plasticizing and granulating machine or a molding and processing machine. In recent years, the single-screw extruder has made great progress. The large-scale single-screw extruder for granulation produced in Germany has a screw diameter of 700mm and an output of 36t/h.
The main sign of the development of single-screw extruder lies in the development of its key part, the screw. In recent years, people have carried out a lot of theoretical and experimental research on screws. There are nearly 100 types of screws. The common ones are separation type, shear type, barrier type, split type and wave type.
From the perspective of single-screw development, although the single-screw extruder has been relatively complete, with the continuous development of polymer materials and plastic products, new and special single-screw extruders with more characteristics will emerge. In general, single-screw extruders are developing in the direction of high speed, high efficiency and specialization.
The twin-screw extruder has good feeding characteristics, is suitable for powder processing, and has better mixing, exhaust, reaction and self-cleaning functions than single-screw extruders, and is characterized by processing plastics and blends with poor thermal stability. It shows its superiority even more.
Nanjing Jieya is a professional manufacturer of twin screw compounding extruders since 2004. Our extruders series include SHJ series, HT series, JY series, SJ series, etc. Today we will tell you the differences between SHJ series twin screw extruders and HT series high torque twin screw extruders from three main points below:
1. Torque grade
The torque rating grade of our SHJ series twin screw extruder is T/A3≤8 while HT series is 9≤T/A3≤13.5. Our HT series adopt high torque gear box, which is suitable for customers that pursuit high efficiency machines.
2. Power transmission
SHJ series use clutch for power transmission while HT series use torque protector, for example, R+W brand, Bibby brand, etc.
The output of HT series twin screw extruder is much higher than SHJ series.
So HT series can further improve the performance of extruders.But surely, price is higher than SHJ series.
The twin screw extruder's standard equipment includes a sturdy base frame dedicated to housing the temperature control unit and oil lubrication system. The equipment features advanced control software for seamless integration into digital factories, ready for Industry 4.0, greatly improving ease of use. The following is a detailed description of the operating procedures of the twin screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
l Start up operation
l Stop the machine
Start up operation
1.Close the power main gate of the twin screw extruder.
2. Turn on the power at the operation panel: Press and hold the power button clockwise to turn and then release.
3. Set the temperature of each temperature zone: for example, a zone temperature according to the process requirements set the corresponding temperature, press the set button, and then adjust the up and down arrows to the desired temperature, press the set button.
4. Set the feeding rate: according to the process, requirements can be fed rate between 0 ~ 10 to set.
5. Set the host speed of the twin screw extruder: set the host speed between 0~30 according to the process requirements.
6. Add cooling water to the cooling tank.
7. In turn on the fan: press the operation button on the operation panel.
8. When you need to start the operation of the vacuum pump, you can start the vacuum pump.
9. Turn on the cutter switch.
1. Twin screw extruder normal stopping sequence: stop the feeder: close the vacuum line valve, open the vacuum chamber on the cover; gradually reduce the main screw speed; shut down the pelletizer and other auxiliary equipment: off the motor, each external water inlet valve.
2. Twin screw extruder emergency stop: (1) in case of an emergency need to stop the host, you can quickly press the electrical control cabinet red emergency stop button, and the host and the feed speed knob back to zero, and then the total power switch off. After eliminating the fault, you can restart the machine again in normal driving order. (2) encounter equipment automatic protection trip stop: need to set the various parameters knob to zero, and then reset the parameters, press the reset button and start the machine again.
1. The normal production of the first shift machine, be sure to first check whether the barrel, hopper seal is the original closed kind, such as changes or damage, should check the hopper, the machine inside the Jane there are no foreign objects.
2. Pay attention to the screw to start at a low speed, the air time can not exceed 3min.
3. Must pay attention to check the purity of each batch of material, do not allow any impurities mixed into the material.
4. The beginning of the material to pay attention to the first small amount, evenly added material, while paying attention to observe the current meter (torque meter) pointer changes.
For granular material, use metering to add material. When you first start to feed production, be sure to pay attention to the extruder production work overload phenomenon. After the forming die lip out of the material, and then gradually increase the screw speed as appropriate.
5. Often check the working condition of the motor carbon brush, abnormalities should be replaced or adjusted promptly.
6. The screw cleaning work is not allowed to use steel tools scraping material, the application of copper brush, shovel cleaning.
7. When the process temperature is suspected of displaying problems on the instrument, use mercury temperature, meter actual measurement of the machine Jane, and molding mold degree. Refer to the mercury temperature measured temperature, adjust the calibration instrument to show the temperature.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
Nanjing JIEYA attend Chinaplas 2021 held in Shenzhen. We sincerely welcome your visiting.
Our booth no.: 7Q25
Time: April 13-16, 2021
Address: Shenzhen World Exhibition Center
Look forward to meet you at there.
The drive section of the twin screw extruder consists of 3 parts: motor, clutch, and gearbox.
The reduction and distribution gear unit reduces the motor speed to the screw shaft speed and distributes the input torque to the two output shafts. Clutch is installed between the drive motor and the gearbox drive shaft.
The processing section of the twin screw extruder in SHJ series extruder consists of individual barrel sections which are replaceable. Depending on the process tasks, reserve feed port, liquid injection port or twin screw side feed port is available.
Owing to the modular design of the twin screw extruder screw elements and screw barrels, conveying, plasticizing, homogenizing, pressure build-up and devolatilization zones can be established, depending on the process task.
For product intake and conveying, screw elements are used. The extruder can be fed with powder, pellets, chips, melt, paste, etc.
Plasticizing, mixing and dispersing are done by the twin screw extruder kneading elements. By varying the thickness of the kneading disks and their angle of stagger, their mixing, shearing and dispersing action can be adjusted to the individual requirements.
The screw elements are arranged on screw shafts. The co-rotating and closely intermeshing screw shafts have a sealing profile.
The screw barrels are supported by barrel supports. Axial displacement of the processing section resulting from thermal dilatation is absorbed by these supports.
The discharge section of the twin screw extruder consists of die head and screen changer, which is installed at the end of twin screw extruder discharging direction. There are several types of die heads and screen changers to meet the requirements of different polymers and processing technology.