The single screw extruder is mainly composed of 3 parts: extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed introduction to the basic structure of the single screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling system
The main role of the extrusion system of the single-screw extruder is to melt and plasticize the polymer material to form a uniform melt, to realize the transformation from the glassy state to the viscous flow state. And in this process to establish a certain pressure, by the screw continuous extrusion delivery to the head die. Thus, the extrusion system plays an important role in the molding quality and output of the extrusion process.
The extrusion system mainly includes the feeding device, screw, and barrel, which is the most critical part of the extruder, of which the screw is the heart of the extruder, the material through the rotation of the screw in order to move in the barrel and get pressurized and part of the heat.
The drive system of a single screw extruder is usually composed of a motor, reducer, and bearing, whose role is to drive the screw and supply the torque and torque required by the screw in the extrusion process. During the extrusion process, the screw speed is required to be stable and does not change with the change of screw load to ensure the uniform quality of the product. However, in different situations, the screw is required to be able to achieve variable speed in order to achieve a machine that can adapt to the requirements of extruding different materials or products of different shapes. In most extruders, the change of screw speed is achieved by adjusting the motor speed. The drive system of the single-screw extruder is also equipped with a good lubrication system and a device for rapid braking.
The heating and cooling system of a single screw extruder consist of a heating device and cooling device, which are necessary for the extrusion process to be carried out smoothly. The heating and cooling devices must ensure that the polymer materials are melted and plasticized and the temperature conditions during the molding process meet the process requirements.
The cooling device is generally set up in the extruder barrel, screw and hopper bottom, and other parts. Barrel cooling can be water-cooled or air-cooled, air-cooled is generally used for small and medium-sized single-screw extruders; large single-screw extruders are mostly water-cooled or a combination of the two forms. The cooling device at the bottom of the hopper is mainly to strengthen the solid material conveying effect, to prevent the material particles from becoming sticky due to the heating, blocking the material mouth and thus affecting the feeding. Generally, for extruders with a screw diameter of 90mm or more and high-speed extruders, a cooling device must be installed at the bottom of the hopper.
Our company focuses on twin-screw extruders, micro twin-screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin-screw extruders, and other kinds of research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin-screw compounding extruder. If you still want to know more, you can consult our company.
Twin screw extruder is developed based on the single screw extruder, which has been widely used in the molding process of extruded products because of its good feeding performance, mixing and plasticizing performance, exhaust performance, and extrusion stability. So what are the advantages of a twin screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
l Wear and tear
l Reduce production costs
l Increase output
l Improve labor efficiency
l High torque and high speed
Wear and tear
Since twin screw extruders are easy to open, the degree of wear of threaded elements and barrel bushings can be detected at any time, so that effective repair or replacement can be carried out. It is not necessary to find out only when there is a problem with the extruded product, which causes unnecessary waste.
Reduce production costs
When producing masterbatches on twin screw extruders, it's usually necessary to alter colors, and if a product amendment is critical, to open the open process space within several minutes, in addition to analyzing the mixing process by looking at the melt profile on the entire screw. The current common twin screw extruder needs to be cleared with a large amount of clearing material when changing colors, which is time consuming, power consuming, and a waste of raw material. The split twin screw extruder can solve this problem. When changing the color, it only takes a few minutes to quickly open the barrel for manual cleaning, so that no or less cleaning material can be used, saving costs.
Twin screw snack extruders use side feeding technology to improve the integrity of the material and greatly increase production. The position and shape of the feed opening also have a great influence on feeding efficiency. With the same parameters, the output increases with an increase in the feed area. A rectangular cross section has a higher feed efficiency than a circular cross section for the same inlet area. The use of side by side twin screw feeds is also based on this consideration.
Improve labor efficiency
During equipment maintenance, ordinary twin screw extruders often have to remove the heating and cooling system before the screw can be withdrawn as a whole. In contrast, the split twin screw does not need to be opened by loosening a few bolts and turning the worm gearbox handle device to lift the upper half of the barrel, and then the entire barrel can be repaired. This shortens the maintenance time and reduces the labor intensity.
High torque and high speed
At present, the event trend of twin screw extruders within the world is to develop within the direction of high torsion, high speed, and low energy consumption, and also the impact of high speed is high productivity. The split twin screw extruder belongs to the current class, and its speed will reach and five hundred revolutions per minute. Therefore, its distinctive benefits in process high viscousness and warmth sensitive materials.
In the high speed, high torque core technology, asymmetric and symmetric high torque gearbox currently only Germany and Japan related manufacturers master the core technology, its speed can reach up to 1800 rpm or more, and domestic also master this core technology, such as Nanjing JlEYA extrusion company, is also currently one of the main choices of domestic high end material processing manufacturers, belongs to the domestic independent innovation national encouragement projects.
If you want to buy twin screw extruders, you can consider our cost effective products. We insist on the tenet of "quality first, customer first" and warmly welcome new and old customers to cooperate with us.
The company focuses on twin screw extruders, micro twin screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin screw extruders, and other research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin screw mixing and extruding machine, the application range covers the mixing and modification of granulation, polymerization, deswelling, step molding, recycling, and other fields.
Degradable plastics refer to a class of plastics whose various properties can meet the requirements of use, remain unchanged during the shelf life, and can be degraded into environmentally harmless substances under natural environment conditions after use. Therefore, it is also called environmentally degradable plastic.
There are a variety of new plastics: photodegradable plastics, biodegradable plastics, light/oxidative/biodegradable plastics, carbon dioxide-based biodegradable plastics, thermoplastic starch resin degradable plastics.
There are two main areas for the use of degradable plastics: one is the area where ordinary plastics were originally used. In these areas, the difficulty of collecting used or post-consumer plastic products will cause harm to the environment, such as agricultural mulch and single-use plastic packaging, and the second is areas where plastics are used instead of other materials. The use of degradable plastics in these areas can bring convenience, such as ball tacks for golf courses, and seedling fixing materials for tropical rainforest afforestation.
Specific applications are:
1.Agriculture, forestry and fishery, plastic film, water-retaining materials, seedling pots, seedbeds, rope nets, slow-release materials for pesticides and agricultural fertilizers.
2.Packaging industry, shopping bags, garbage bags, compost bags, disposable lunch boxes, instant noodle bowls, buffer packaging materials.
3.Sporting goods, golf tacks and tees
4.Hygiene products, women's hygiene products, baby diapers, medical mattresses, disposable haircuts.
5.Medical materials, bandages, clips, small sticks for cotton swabs, gloves, drug release materials, and surgical sutures and fracture fixation materials.
Nanjing Jieya also manufactures twin screw compounding extruder for bio-degradable material. We warmly welcome your inquiry.
The development and application of twin screw extruders are increasingly eye-catching. Many aspects of the performance of single and twin screw extruders that dominate the extrusion industry can no longer meet the requirements of blending, filling, reinforcement, toughening and other modifications.
What is the structure of the twin screw extruder?
How does the twin screw extruder prevent material degradation?
What are the structural characteristics of the twin screw extruder?
The twin screw extruder, a unique modular screw block is designed on the screw shaft, which is broken three times within a pitch, called a mixing screw block. Corresponding to these gaps, there are three rows of mixing blocks arranged on the inner sleeve of the barrel. The pin and the screw reciprocate in the axial direction at the same time in the process of radial rotation. The twin screw extruder moves in the axial direction once every time it rotates. Due to this special movement mode and the effect of mixing and sorting screws and pins, the material is not only sheared between the mixing pins and the irregular trapezoidal mixing blocks. And it is transported back and forth. The countercurrent movement of the material adds a very useful axial mixing movement to the radial mixing. The melt is continuously cut, turned, kneaded and stretched, and the twin screw extruder regularly interrupts the simple Layered shear mixing.
Due to the simultaneous mixing in the radial and axial directions of the twin screw extruder, the mixing effect is enhanced and the best dispersion mixing and distributed mixing are ensured, so the homogenization time is short. In addition, the mutual engagement of the mixing pin and the screw block also improves the self-cleaning ability of the barrel. The twin screw extruder can ensure stable working pressure through proper screw block combination, without uncontrollable pressure and temperature fluctuations, and prevent material degradation in the barrel.
1. The main machine barrel and screw are assembled by building blocks
The barrel of the twin screw extruder is composed of multiple sets of open and closed barrels. The split barrel can be opened quickly and conveniently for easy cleaning and maintenance; the screw is composed of various mixing sleeves on the mandrel Composed of screw block and conveying screw block. The barrel and screw can be flexibly formed into an ideal form according to different types of materials and different technological requirements.
2. Unique design of gear box and swing box
The twin screw extruder realizes the axial reciprocating movement of the screw while rotating. Every time the screw rotates, it reciprocates once, and the thread is interrupted three times, thus producing a strong mixing effect. The mixing effect is in the axial direction rather than the radial direction, and occurs between the thread and the pin. All materials in the screw channel are subjected to uniform shear stress, instead of a thin layer of material being sheared.
Great products begin with the best engineering staff, and Nanjing JlEYA is ready to assist you with your technical requirements for twin screw extruder.
The twin screw extruder's standard equipment includes a sturdy base frame dedicated to housing the temperature control unit and oil lubrication system. The equipment features advanced control software for seamless integration into digital factories, ready for Industry 4.0, greatly improving ease of use. The following is a detailed description of the operating procedures of the twin screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
l Start up operation
l Stop the machine
Start up operation
1.Close the power main gate of the twin screw extruder.
2. Turn on the power at the operation panel: Press and hold the power button clockwise to turn and then release.
3. Set the temperature of each temperature zone: for example, a zone temperature according to the process requirements set the corresponding temperature, press the set button, and then adjust the up and down arrows to the desired temperature, press the set button.
4. Set the feeding rate: according to the process, requirements can be fed rate between 0 ~ 10 to set.
5. Set the host speed of the twin screw extruder: set the host speed between 0~30 according to the process requirements.
6. Add cooling water to the cooling tank.
7. In turn on the fan: press the operation button on the operation panel.
8. When you need to start the operation of the vacuum pump, you can start the vacuum pump.
9. Turn on the cutter switch.
1. Twin screw extruder normal stopping sequence: stop the feeder: close the vacuum line valve, open the vacuum chamber on the cover; gradually reduce the main screw speed; shut down the pelletizer and other auxiliary equipment: off the motor, each external water inlet valve.
2. Twin screw extruder emergency stop: (1) in case of an emergency need to stop the host, you can quickly press the electrical control cabinet red emergency stop button, and the host and the feed speed knob back to zero, and then the total power switch off. After eliminating the fault, you can restart the machine again in normal driving order. (2) encounter equipment automatic protection trip stop: need to set the various parameters knob to zero, and then reset the parameters, press the reset button and start the machine again.
1. The normal production of the first shift machine, be sure to first check whether the barrel, hopper seal is the original closed kind, such as changes or damage, should check the hopper, the machine inside the Jane there are no foreign objects.
2. Pay attention to the screw to start at a low speed, the air time can not exceed 3min.
3. Must pay attention to check the purity of each batch of material, do not allow any impurities mixed into the material.
4. The beginning of the material to pay attention to the first small amount, evenly added material, while paying attention to observe the current meter (torque meter) pointer changes.
For granular material, use metering to add material. When you first start to feed production, be sure to pay attention to the extruder production work overload phenomenon. After the forming die lip out of the material, and then gradually increase the screw speed as appropriate.
5. Often check the working condition of the motor carbon brush, abnormalities should be replaced or adjusted promptly.
6. The screw cleaning work is not allowed to use steel tools scraping material, the application of copper brush, shovel cleaning.
7. When the process temperature is suspected of displaying problems on the instrument, use mercury temperature, meter actual measurement of the machine Jane, and molding mold degree. Refer to the mercury temperature measured temperature, adjust the calibration instrument to show the temperature.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
The main system of the plastic extruder is the extrusion system, which includes screw, barrel, hopper, head, and die. The plastic is plasticized into a uniform melt by the extrusion system and is continuously extruded from the head by the screw under the pressure established in the process. The following are details about the plastic extruder extrusion system introduction.
Here is the content list:
Head and mold.
The screw is the most important part of the extruder, which is directly related to the application range and productivity of the extruder and is made of high-strength and corrosion-resistant alloy steel.
The barrel is a metal cylinder, generally made of heat-resistant, high-pressure strength, strong wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant alloy steel or composite steel tube lined with alloy steel. The barrel and the screw cooperate to realize the crushing, softening, melting, plasticizing, exhausting, and compacting of the plastic, and to continuously and evenly deliver the rubber to the molding system. Generally, the length of the barrel is 15-30 times its diameter, so that the plastic is fully heated and fully plasticized as a principle.
The bottom of the hopper is equipped with a cut-off device to adjust and cut off the material flow, and the side of the hopper is equipped with a sight hole and a calibrated measuring device.
The head is composed of alloy steel inner sleeve and carbon steel outer sleeve, the head is equipped with a molding mold, the role of the head is to transform the rotational movement of the plastic melt into a parallel linear motion, evenly and smoothly into the mold sleeve, and give the plastic to the necessary molding pressure. The plastic is plasticized and compacted in the barrel and flows through the neck of the head through a certain flow path through the porous filter plate into the forming mold of the head. The mold core and mold sleeve are properly matched to form an annular gap with decreasing cross-section so that the plastic melt forms a continuous dense tubular cladding layer around the core line. To ensure that the plastic flow channel in the head is reasonable and to eliminate the dead angle of the accumulated plastic, there is often a diversion sleeve placed, and to eliminate the pressure fluctuation of plastic extrusion, there is also a pressure equalization ring set. The head is also equipped with a die correction and adjustment device to facilitate the adjustment and correction of the concentricity of the die core and die sleeve.
The extruder head is divided into an angled head (120o angle) and a right angle head according to the angle between the head material flow direction and the screw centerline. The shell of the head is fixed to the body with bolts, the die inside the head has a die core sitting and is fixed to the head inlet port with a nut, the front of the die core seat is equipped with a die core, the die core and the center of the die core seat has a hole for passing the core line, the front of the head is equipped with an even pressure ring for equalizing the pressure, the extrusion package forming part is composed of die sleeve seat and die sleeve, the position of the die sleeve can be adjusted by bolts through the support to adjust the die sleeve to the die core The position of the die sleeve can be adjusted by bolts through support to adjust the relative position of the die sleeve to the die core, which is convenient to adjust the uniformity of the thickness of the extruded layer.
If you want to buy a plastic extruder or want to know more, you can visit our official website. Our website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
The plastic extruder is a common plastic machinery equipment, in the process of the daily operation of the extruder, the extruder will have a variety of failures, affecting the normal production of plastic machinery, the following we will analyze the extruder failure.
Here is the content list:
Unstable host current
The main motor can not start
The head is not discharged smoothly or blocked
The main electric starting current is too high
The main motor makes an abnormal sound
1. Production reasons.
(1) Uneven feeding.
(2) The main motor bearing of the plastic extruder is damaged or poorly lubricated.
(3) A section of the heater is out of order and does not heat up.
(4) The screw adjustment pad is not correct, or the phase is not correct, and the component interferes.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the feeder, troubleshooting.
(2) Overhaul the main motor of the plastic extruder, replace the bearings if necessary.
(3) Check whether each heater is working properly, replace the heater if necessary.
(4) Check the adjustment pad, pull out the screw to check whether there is interference with the screw.
(1) There is a mistake in the start-up procedure of the plastic extruder.
(2) The main motor thread has a problem, whether the fuse is burned ring.
(3) The main motor-related chain device to function
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the program, reboot the machine in the correct boot sequence.
(2) Check the main motor circuit.
(3) Check whether the lube oil pump of the plastic extruder is started and check the status of the chain device associated with the main motor. The oil pump is not on and the motor cannot be turned on.
(4) The inverter induction power has not been discharged. Turn off the main power and wait for 5 minutes before starting again.
(5) Check whether the emergency button is reset.
(1) A section of the heater does not work, and the material is not plasticized well.
(2) The operating temperature setting is low, or the molecular weight distribution of plastic is wide and unstable.
(3) There may be foreign substances that do not melt easily.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Check the heater of the plastic extruder and replace it if necessary.
(2) Verify the set temperature of each section, and if necessary, consult with the technician to increase the temperature setting.
(3) Clean and check the extrusion system and the head.
(1) Insufficient heating time and high torque.
(2) A section of the heater does not work.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Apply hand pan machine when starting, if not easy, extend the heating time or check whether each section heater is working properly.
1. Produced by.
(1) The main motor bearing of the plastic extruder is damaged.
(2) The main motor silicon controlled rectifier line in silicon controlled damage.
2. Treatment methods.
(1) Replace the main motor bearings.
(2) Check the silicon-controlled rectifier circuit, if necessary, replace the silicon-controlled components.
Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/. If you still have questions, you can contact us on the official website.