Material delivery method
In a single-screw extruder, there is friction drag in the solids conveying section and viscous drag in the melt conveying section. The friction properties of the solid material and the viscosity of the molten material determine the conveying behavior. If some materials have poor friction properties, if the feeding problem is not solved, it will be difficult to feed the materials into the single-screw extruder. In twin-screw extruders, especially intermeshing twin-screw extruders, the conveying of materials is to some extent forward displacement transmission, and the degree of forward displacement depends on the relationship between the flight of one screw and that of the other screw. the proximity of the relative screw grooves. The screw geometry of the closely intermeshing counter-rotating extruder results in a high degree of positive displacement delivery characteristics.
Material flow velocity field
At present, the flow velocity distribution of the material in the single-screw extruder has been described quite clearly, while the flow velocity distribution of the material in the twin-screw extruder is quite complicated and difficult to describe. Many researchers just do not consider the material flow in the meshing area to analyze the flow velocity field of the material, but these analysis results are very different from the actual situation. Because the mixing characteristics and overall behavior of a twin-screw extruder are primarily determined by the leakage flow that occurs in the intermeshing zone, the flow situation in the intermeshing zone is quite complex. The complex flow spectrum of the material in the twin-screw extruder shows macroscopic advantages that the single-screw extruder cannot match, such as sufficient mixing, good heat transfer, large melting capacity, strong exhaust capacity and good temperature control of the material, etc.
Plastic extruders can be divided into single-screw extruders, twin-screw extruders, and multi-screw extruders according to their number of screws. The following are the details of the types of plastic extruders.
Here is the content list:
Classification of plastic extruders
Classification of plastic extruders
1, According to the number of screws, divided into single-screw extruders, twin-screw extruders, and multi-screw extruders.
2, According to the presence or absence of a screw in the extruder, divided into screw extruders and plunger extruders.
3, According to the running speed of the screw to divide:
Ordinary extruder: speed below 100r/min.
High-speed extruder: speed of 100 to 300r/min.
Super high-speed extruder: the speed is 300~l500r/min.
4, According to the extruder assembly structure classification: there are integral extruders and separate extruders.
5, According to the spatial position of the screw in the extruder, can be divided into the horizontal extruder and vertical extruder.
6, According to whether the extruder is in the process of exhaust and can be divided into exhaust type extruder and non-exhaust type extruder
The single-screw extruder occupies an important position both as a plasticizing and pelletizing machine and as a molding machine, and in recent years, the single-screw extruder has developed greatly. Single-screw extruders were the first extruders to gain widespread application in the plastic processing and molding field due to their simple structure and high processing efficiency. Similarly, to meet different processing needs, various equipment manufacturers have explored various screw and barrel structures. The single-screw extruder has evolved from the basic pure screw structure to various structures such as damping screw block, exhaust extrusion, slotted screw barrel, pinned barrel, building block structure, etc., thus enabling the single-screw extruder to have a wider range of molding.
Due to the small footprint of single-screw extruders, they are almost the only equipment used in the compounding and blown film fields. Single-screw extruder technology has become an important part of the extrusion process market that cannot be ignored.
The twin-screw extruder has less heat generated by friction, more uniform shearing of the material, larger conveying capacity of the screw, more stable extrusion volume, long stay of the material in the barrel, and uniform mixing.
The twin-screw extruder has good feeding characteristics, is suitable for powder processing, and has better mixing, exhaust, reaction, and self-cleaning functions than the single-screw extruder, characterized by the processing of plastics with poor thermal stability and co-mingled materials show its superiority. Based on the twin-screw extruder, the multi-screw extruder was developed for easier processing of co-blends with poor thermal stability.
If you want to buy an extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products. Nanjing JlEYA is the leading manufacturer extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, mini twin screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China, which is widely used in compounding, modification, polymerization, after 17 years of development, now we have 20,000 square meters workshop with annual sales over 300+ sets, export over 60 countries.
With the development of modern industry, the underwater pelletizing machine has become an important production equipment used in all aspects of production.
What is the working principle of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the operating procedure of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What are the reasons why people choose underwater pelletizing machine?
The material using the underwater pelletizing machine will pass through the feeding port, and under the action of the rotating screw, it will be rolled into a dough and roll forward along the screw groove. Due to the shear, compression and agitation of the screw, the material will be further mixed and plasticized. , The temperature and pressure gradually increase, showing a state of viscous flow, and passing through the machine head with a certain pressure and temperature, and finally a product of the desired shape is obtained.
(1) Check the rotation direction of the impeller of the underwater pelletizing machine. From the feed inlet, the impeller should turn counterclockwise, otherwise the motor connection should be adjusted.
(2) The starting sequence of the underwater pelletizing machine and the material conveying equipment is as follows:
Discharge belt conveyor→PL vertical impact crusher→feeding belt conveyor
The crusher must be started without load, and the material can only be fed after the crusher is running normally.
(3) The feed size is strictly in accordance with the feed size specified by the various models. It is forbidden to enter the underwater pelletizing machine with the size of the material larger than the specified size, otherwise it will cause the impeller imbalance and excessive wear of the impeller, and even block the impeller flow path and The central feed pipe prevents the crusher from working normally. When a large piece of material is found, it should be removed in time.
(4) When the discharge belt conveyor stops running, the feeding should be stopped immediately, so the discharge belt conveyor should be interlocked with the feeding system to open and stop. Otherwise, the impeller will be crushed and the motor will be burnt.
(5) The feeding of the underwater pelletizing machine should be uniform and continuous.
(6) During the operation of the underwater pelletizing machine, there must be no violent vibration or abnormal noise, otherwise, it should be stopped immediately for inspection, and the machine can only be driven in order after the fault is removed.
(7) The observation door should be sealed tightly during the working process of the underwater pelletizing machine.
The difference between the underwater pelletizing machine and other similar products is that it has a steady stream of water flowing through the mold surface, and it is in direct contact with the mold surface. The size of the pelletizing chamber is just enough to allow the pelletizing knife to rotate freely across the die surface without restricting the temperature of the water flow. The molten polymer has been extruded from the die, and the rotating knife cuts the pellets. And then the pellets are taken out of the pelletizing chamber by the temperature-regulated water and enter the centrifugal dryer. In the dryer of the underwater pelletizing machine, the water will be drained back to the storage tank, cooled and recycled; the pellets pass through the centrifugal dryer to remove the water.
This is how we see the irreplaceable role of underwater pelletizing machine in our daily lives and industrial production. Nanjing JlEYA, the pioneer of underwater pelletizing machine producing company in China, knows that every application is special. You can go and get more information about them
The main machine of the plastic extruder is the extruder, which is composed of an extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed description of the composition of the plastic extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling device
A homogeneous melt is plasticized bypassing the plastic through the extrusion system, which consists of a screw, barrel, hopper, head, and die.
The function of the drive system is to drive the screw, supplying the torque and speed required by the screw during the extrusion process, usually consisting of an electric motor, reducer, and bearings.
The manufacturing cost of the reducer is roughly proportional to its size and weight, provided that the structure is the same. Because the shape and weight of the reducer are large, it means that more materials are consumed in the manufacturing, and the bearings used are also larger, which increases the manufacturing cost.
For a similar screw diameter extruder, the high speed and high potency extruder consume additional energy than the traditional extruder, the motor power is doubled, and also the reducer seat range is raised consequently is critical，however a high screw speed means that an occasional reduction magnitude relation. For the same size reducer, the gear modulus of the low reduction ratio increases compared to the large reduction ratio, and the capacity of the reducer to bear the load also increases. Therefore, the rise in volume and weight of the reducer isn't linearly proportional to the rise in motor power. If the extrusion volume is employed because of the divisor and dividend by the burden of the reducer, the high speed and high potency extruder can have a smaller range and the normal extruder will have a larger number.
In terms of unit output, the small motor power and the small weight of the reducer of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder means that the manufacturing cost per unit output of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder is lower than that of the normal extruder.
Heating and cooling are necessary to enable the plastic extrusion process to proceed.
(1) Extruders usually use electric heating, which is divided into resistance heating and induction heating, with heating sheets installed in each part of the body, neck, and head. The heating device heats the plastic inside the barrel from the outside to warm it up to the temperature required for the process operation.
(2) The cooling device is installed to ensure that the plastic is in the temperature range required for the process. Specifically, it is to exclude the excess heat generated by the shear friction of the rotating screw to avoid the plastic from decomposing, scorching, or shaping difficulties due to the high temperature. Barrel cooling is divided into two kinds of water-cooled and air-cooled, generally small and medium-sized extrusion machine using air-cooled is more appropriate, large is more water-cooled or a combination of two forms of cooling; screw cooling is mainly used in the center of water-cooled, the purpose is to increase the rate of solid material delivery, stabilize the amount of rubber, while improving product quality; but the cooling at the hopper, one is to strengthen the role of solid material delivery, to prevent the plastic grain sticky blockage because of the heating the second is to ensure the normal work of the transmission part.
If you are engaged in the industry related to the extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products. Our company is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China.
Nanjing Team sincerely invite you to attend The 15th China Chongqing Rubber, Plastics Industry Exhibition.
Our booth no.: S2544
Time: May 27-30, 2021
Address: Chongqing International Expo Center
Wish to meet you at there ;)
The single screw extruder is mainly composed of 3 parts: extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed introduction to the basic structure of the single screw extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling system
The main role of the extrusion system of the single-screw extruder is to melt and plasticize the polymer material to form a uniform melt, to realize the transformation from the glassy state to the viscous flow state. And in this process to establish a certain pressure, by the screw continuous extrusion delivery to the head die. Thus, the extrusion system plays an important role in the molding quality and output of the extrusion process.
The extrusion system mainly includes the feeding device, screw, and barrel, which is the most critical part of the extruder, of which the screw is the heart of the extruder, the material through the rotation of the screw in order to move in the barrel and get pressurized and part of the heat.
The drive system of a single screw extruder is usually composed of a motor, reducer, and bearing, whose role is to drive the screw and supply the torque and torque required by the screw in the extrusion process. During the extrusion process, the screw speed is required to be stable and does not change with the change of screw load to ensure the uniform quality of the product. However, in different situations, the screw is required to be able to achieve variable speed in order to achieve a machine that can adapt to the requirements of extruding different materials or products of different shapes. In most extruders, the change of screw speed is achieved by adjusting the motor speed. The drive system of the single-screw extruder is also equipped with a good lubrication system and a device for rapid braking.
The heating and cooling system of a single screw extruder consist of a heating device and cooling device, which are necessary for the extrusion process to be carried out smoothly. The heating and cooling devices must ensure that the polymer materials are melted and plasticized and the temperature conditions during the molding process meet the process requirements.
The cooling device is generally set up in the extruder barrel, screw and hopper bottom, and other parts. Barrel cooling can be water-cooled or air-cooled, air-cooled is generally used for small and medium-sized single-screw extruders; large single-screw extruders are mostly water-cooled or a combination of the two forms. The cooling device at the bottom of the hopper is mainly to strengthen the solid material conveying effect, to prevent the material particles from becoming sticky due to the heating, blocking the material mouth and thus affecting the feeding. Generally, for extruders with a screw diameter of 90mm or more and high-speed extruders, a cooling device must be installed at the bottom of the hopper.
Our company focuses on twin-screw extruders, micro twin-screw extruders, plastic extruders, parallel twin-screw extruders, and other kinds of research and development and manufacturing as the core of the isotropic rotary twin-screw compounding extruder. If you still want to know more, you can consult our company.
PVC compounding extruder is divided into two types of hard and soft RPVC pipes, RPVC pipes are chemically resistant and insulating, mainly transporting various fluids and used as wire sleeves, etc. SPVC pipes are manufactured by extruding PVC resin with a large amount of plasticizer and a certain amount of stabilizer and other additives after granulation. The following is a detailed description of the equipment functions of the PVC compounding extruder.
Here is the content list:
High Speed Mixer High-Speed Mixing
Accurate matching of feeding device
Water tank for pipe forming
Traction machine frequency conversion speed control
Unloading the material from the turning frame
Raw material intermixture is to feature PVC stabilizer, softener, inhibitor, and different auxiliary materials to the high-speed mixer in proportion and sequence to the method.
The PVC compounding extruder part is equipped with a quantitative feeding device to match the extrusion volume with the feeding volume to ensure stable extrusion of products. Due to the characteristics of the conical screw, the feeding section has a larger diameter, and the heat transfer area and sheer speed of the material are larger, which is contributive to the plasticization of the fabric and also the little diameter of the screw within the metering section reduces the warmth transfer space and also the sheer speed of the soften so that the melt can be extruded at a lower temperature. When the screw rotates in the barrel, the PVC mixture is plasticized and pushed to the head to achieve compaction, melting, mixing, and homogenization and to achieve the purpose of exhaust and dehydration. The feeding device and screw drive device adopt frequency conversion to realize synchronous speed regulation.
PVC compounding extruder dies head part of the compacted, molten, blended, and homogenized PVC has subsequent materials through the screw to the die head extrusion die head is the key component of pipe forming.
The vacuum shaping water tank of PVC compounding extruderis used for pipe shaping and cooling, the vacuum shaping water tank is equipped with vacuum system for shaping and cooling and water circulation system stainless steel box body circulating water spray cooling, the vacuum shaping water tank is equipped with front and rear moving device and left and right, high and low adjustment manual device.
The traction machine is used to continuously and automatically lead the cooled and hardened pipe from the head with frequency control.
The cutting machine is controlled by the travel switch according to the required length and then automatically cut and delay the turning frame to implement the flow of production, the cutting machine with a fixed-length work switch signal as a command to complete the whole process of cutting in the cutting process and pipe running synchronization cutting process is completed by electric and pneumatic drive, the cutting machine is equipped with a dust suction device to suck out the cutting debris and recycling.
Unloading the material from the turning frame
The material turning action is controlled by the cylinder through the air circuit to achieve the material turning frame is equipped with a limit device when the cutting saw cut off the pipe after the pipe continues to transport after a delay, the cylinder into the work of turning action to achieve the purpose of unloading. After unloading, it will be automatically reset after a delay of several seconds to wait for the next cycle.
Nanjing JlEYA is the leading manufacturer extruder manufacturer specializing in twin screw extruder, mini twin screw extruder, plastic extruder and parallel twin screw extruder in China, which is widely used in compounding, modification, polymerization, devolatilization, reaction, recycling, etc. After 17 years development, now we have 20,000 square meters workshop with annual sales over 300+ sets, export over 60 countries.
JIEYA has the most experienced technical core team, with extensive experience in system integration of the development manufacturing, materials processing, application technology andother fields.
The high efficiency of the single-screw extruderis mainly reflected in high output, low energy consumption, and low manufacturing cost. In terms of function, the plastic extruder has been used not only for extrusion molding and mixing processing of polymer materials but its use has been broadened to food, feed, electrode, building materials, packaging, ceramics, and other fields. So how to operate the single screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
Preparation work before starting the machine
1. For single-screw extruder extrusion production of materials, should meet the required drying requirements, if necessary, further drying.
2. According to the variety of products, size, select the head specifications, the machine will be installed in the order of the column, installed head flange, die body, mouth die, porous plate, and filter network.
3. Connect the compressed air pipe, install the core mold electric heating rod head heating ring, check the water system.
4. Adjust the gap evenly in all parts of the mouth die and check whether the centerline of the main machine and the auxiliary machine are aligned.
5. Start the single-screw extruder of each running equipment, check whether the operation is normal, and find faults in time to eliminate.
6. Turn on the electric heater, the head, body, and auxiliary machine evenly heated up, to be the temperature of each part than the normal production temperature of about 10 degrees, constant temperature of 30 ~ 60 minutes so that the machine temperature inside and outside the same.
Start-up is an important part of the production, poor control will damage the screw and head, the temperature is too high will cause plastic decomposition, the temperature is too low will damage the screw, barrel, and head. The start-up steps are as follows.
1. Start the machine at low speed, idle, check the screw for any abnormalities and motor, amperage meter current no overload phenomenon, the pressure gauge is normal. Machine idling should not be too long to prevent the screw and barrel-scraping grinding.
2. Gradually add a small amount of material, wait for the material extrusion out of the die, before the normal addition of material. Before the plastic is extruded, no one should be in front of the mouth die to prevent casualties.
3. After the plastic is extruded, it is necessary to lead the extruded material slowly on the cooling and shaping, traction equipment, and start this equipment beforehand. Then, according to the control instrument indication value and the requirements of the extruded products, each link will be properly adjusted until the extrusion operation reaches the normal state.
4. Cutting and sampling, checking whether the appearance meets the requirements, whether the size meets the standard, quickly testing the performance, and then adjusting the extrusion process according to the requirements of quality, so that the products meet the standard requirements.
1. Stop feeding, extrude the plastic in the single screw extruder and turn off the power of the barrel and head for the next operation.
2. Shut off the power of the main machine and the auxiliary machines at the same time.
3. Open the head connection flange, clean the porous plate and various parts of the head, when cleaning, should use copper rods, copper pieces, after cleaning, apply a little oil. Screw, barrel clean up, if necessary, the screw from the end of the machine out of the top, clean up after recovery, in general, available for the transition of material cleanup.
4. Extrusion of polyolefin plastics, usually in the extruder full load shutdown (with material shutdown), when the air should be prevented from entering the barrel, so as not to oxidize the material and affect the quality of the product when continuing production. For polyvinyl chloride plastics, can also stop with material, then close the material door, reduce the temperature at the head connection body (flange) 10 ~ 20 degrees, to stop the machine after the material squeeze net.
5. Close the total power and cooling water main valve.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/