PVC compounding extruder is made by mixing PVC resin with stabilizers, lubricants, and other additives through granulation and then extrusion, or by using powder in one extrusion. what are the application areas of PVC? The following are the details.
Here is the content list:
General soft products
PVC foam products
PVC coated products
PVC paste resin
PVC transparent sheet
PVC rigid sheet
Other applications of PVC
General soft products can be extruded into cables, wires, and hoses by the extruder: shoe soles, slippers, various plastic sandals, as well as toys and auto parts by the injection molding machine with various molds.
PVC film After mixing and plasticizing PVC with additives, transparent or colored film of specified thickness can be made by using a three-roller or four-roller calendar, and calendered film can be processed by this method. It can also be cut and heat laminated to process raincoats, tablecloths, curtains, packaging bags, inflatable toys, etc. The wide transparent film can be used for greenhouse, plastic shed, and ground film; the film stretched in both directions can be used for shrink packaging due to its characteristics of shrinkage by heat.
Soft PVC can be used as sandals, insoles, foam slippers, and shockproof and cushioning packaging materials. In addition, it can also be extruded into low-foaming hard PVC sheets and profiles by extruder, which is a new type of building material and can be used as a substitute for wood.
Artificial leather with backing is made by coating PVC paste on cloth or paper and then plasticizing it at 100 degrees Celsius or above (or PVC and additives can be calendered into film and then pressed together with backing); while artificial leather without backing is directly calendered by calender into soft sheet with a certain thickness and then pressed with the pattern. It can be used to make leather bags, leather boxes, book covers, sofas, and car cushions, etc. It can also be made into flooring leather, which is used as the flooring material for buildings.
PVC emulsion or micro-suspension resin is dispersed in a liquid plasticizer to make it swell and plasticize into the plasticized sol, and then add stabilizer, filler, coloring agent, etc. After full stirring for de-bubbling, PVC paste is prepared, and then processed into various products such as coat hangers, tool handles, Christmas trees, etc. by casting, impregnating, or laminating processes.
Impact modifier and organotin stabilizer are added to PVC, which is mixed, plasticized, and calendered into transparent sheets. Then it can be made into thin-walled transparent containers by thermoforming and can be used for vacuum blister packaging such as moon cake boxes, etc. It is an excellent packaging material and decoration material.
PVC hard sheet and plate After adding stabilizer, lubricant, and filler to PVC and mixing, it can be extruded into various caliber hard pipes, shaped pipes, corrugated pipes, and other products by using an extruder, and used as a downpipe, drinking water pipe, electric wire casing or staircase handrail, etc.; the calendered sheet can be overlapped and hot-pressed to make various thicknesses of hard sheets, which can be cut into various desired shapes and can be welded into various chemical resistant tanks, ducts and containers by using PVC welding rod with hot air, etc.
PVC can be processed into rigid profiles using an extruder and used for window and door assembly. In some countries, the doors and windows assembled by PVC rigid profile have occupied the market of windows and doors together with wooden windows and doors, aluminum windows, etc.
If you want to buy PVC compounding extruder, you can consult our company, our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
Nanjing JIEYA hereby sincerely invited you to attend 2021 China (Hainan) Degradation Exhibition.
Our booth no.: B06
Time: June 23-25
Add: Hainan International Convention and Exhibition Center
We warmly welcome your coming and look forward to cooperate with you ;)
The high efficiency of the single-screw extruderis mainly reflected in high output, low energy consumption, and low manufacturing cost. In terms of function, the plastic extruder has been used not only for extrusion molding and mixing processing of polymer materials but its use has been broadened to food, feed, electrode, building materials, packaging, ceramics, and other fields. So how to operate the single screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
Preparation work before starting the machine
1. For single-screw extruder extrusion production of materials, should meet the required drying requirements, if necessary, further drying.
2. According to the variety of products, size, select the head specifications, the machine will be installed in the order of the column, installed head flange, die body, mouth die, porous plate, and filter network.
3. Connect the compressed air pipe, install the core mold electric heating rod head heating ring, check the water system.
4. Adjust the gap evenly in all parts of the mouth die and check whether the centerline of the main machine and the auxiliary machine are aligned.
5. Start the single-screw extruder of each running equipment, check whether the operation is normal, and find faults in time to eliminate.
6. Turn on the electric heater, the head, body, and auxiliary machine evenly heated up, to be the temperature of each part than the normal production temperature of about 10 degrees, constant temperature of 30 ~ 60 minutes so that the machine temperature inside and outside the same.
Start-up is an important part of the production, poor control will damage the screw and head, the temperature is too high will cause plastic decomposition, the temperature is too low will damage the screw, barrel, and head. The start-up steps are as follows.
1. Start the machine at low speed, idle, check the screw for any abnormalities and motor, amperage meter current no overload phenomenon, the pressure gauge is normal. Machine idling should not be too long to prevent the screw and barrel-scraping grinding.
2. Gradually add a small amount of material, wait for the material extrusion out of the die, before the normal addition of material. Before the plastic is extruded, no one should be in front of the mouth die to prevent casualties.
3. After the plastic is extruded, it is necessary to lead the extruded material slowly on the cooling and shaping, traction equipment, and start this equipment beforehand. Then, according to the control instrument indication value and the requirements of the extruded products, each link will be properly adjusted until the extrusion operation reaches the normal state.
4. Cutting and sampling, checking whether the appearance meets the requirements, whether the size meets the standard, quickly testing the performance, and then adjusting the extrusion process according to the requirements of quality, so that the products meet the standard requirements.
1. Stop feeding, extrude the plastic in the single screw extruder and turn off the power of the barrel and head for the next operation.
2. Shut off the power of the main machine and the auxiliary machines at the same time.
3. Open the head connection flange, clean the porous plate and various parts of the head, when cleaning, should use copper rods, copper pieces, after cleaning, apply a little oil. Screw, barrel clean up, if necessary, the screw from the end of the machine out of the top, clean up after recovery, in general, available for the transition of material cleanup.
4. Extrusion of polyolefin plastics, usually in the extruder full load shutdown (with material shutdown), when the air should be prevented from entering the barrel, so as not to oxidize the material and affect the quality of the product when continuing production. For polyvinyl chloride plastics, can also stop with material, then close the material door, reduce the temperature at the head connection body (flange) 10 ~ 20 degrees, to stop the machine after the material squeeze net.
5. Close the total power and cooling water main valve.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
The extrusion technology used by the single screw extruder is making waves in the food production industry. We know that single screw extruder can mass produce enterprise products of various shapes and textures. It allows a seamless and continuous operation process, which means that this means lower costs and higher production and sales.
What are the reasons and solutions for the poor discharge or blockage of the single screw extruder head?
What is the importance of single screw extruder temperature control?
What is the importance of single screw extruder speed control?
1. Reasons: (1) A certain section of the heater does not work, and the material is poorly plasticized. (2) The operating temperature is set too low, or the molecular weight distribution of the plastic is wide and unstable. (3) There may be foreign objects in the single screw extruder that are not easy to melt.
2. Treatment method: (1) Check the heater and replace it if necessary. (2) Verify the set temperature of each section, negotiate with the technician if necessary, and increase the temperature set value. (3) Clean and check the extrusion system and head of the single screw extruder.
Temperature control refers to the temperature of the single screw extruder during plastic extrusion, including the temperature control of the barrel, die and transition body. These temperature controls are related to the viscosity of the material, the sensitivity to temperature, and the aggregation state of the polymer. In general, the temperature of the die head and transition body of single screw extruder is low for medium and low viscosity materials, and the temperature of die head and transition body for high viscosity materials is high, and the fluidity is good.
Speed control means that for single screw extrude processing, if the screw speed increases, the shear rate increases. Thermoplastic melts are mostly non-Newtonian pseudoplastic fluids, and their viscosity decreases with the increase of shear rate, and fluidity Increasing the extrusion output also increases. However, if the shear rate is too large, the melt viscosity is too low, which will cause difficulties in the production and operation of single screw extrude. At the same time, the low-viscosity melt will flow backwards under the action of the screw back pressure, and the leakage flow will increase significantly, which will affect the output to a certain extent. , Again, the screw may even slip at high speeds, so the screw speed should be controlled within a certain range. In addition, in the production process of single screw extrude, the screw speed should be kept as stable as possible to avoid fast and slow. Otherwise, it will cause uneven discharge due to excessive changes in the melt viscosity of the material, which will affect normal production.
Nanjing JlEYA is a single screw extruder manufacturer established for more than five years. We work with customers from design to completion to ensure that all technical requirements are met.
The single-screw extruder has a simple design and a low price, so it is widespread and demand on the market was high.
What are the application areas and benefits of single-screw extruders?
What is the development history of the single-screw extruder?
What are the main technical parameters of the single-screw extruder?
The single-screw extruder is mainly used for extruding soft and hard polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, and other thermoplastic. It can process a variety of plastic products such as films, tubes, plates, tapes, etc., can also be used for granulation.
The single-screw extruder is characterized by advanced design, high quality, good plasticization, and low energy consumption. It uses an evolutionary drive that is characterized by low noise development, stable operation, high load capacity, and long service life.
The single-screw extruder is one of the most important devices for the processing of plastic molding parts. It uses external energy transfer and heat transfer of external heating elements to carry out the transport of plastics solids, compaction, melting, shielding, and extrusion forms.
Since the birth of the snail extruder, it has evolved from an ordinary snail extruder to a new type of snail extruder after almost a hundred years of development. Although there are many types of new single-screw extruders, the extrusion machine is the same.
The extrusion process of the traditional snail extruder is realized by heating outside the cylinder, solid and cylinder, snail friction, and melting shear force.
"friction coefficient" and "friction force", "viscosity" and "shear tension" are the main factors influencing the performance of conventional screw extruders. The extrusion process from the machine is unstable and difficult to control, especially for some heat-sensitive plastics with poor thermal stability and high viscosity.
1. Screw diameter: refers to the diameter of the outer circle of the screw, marked with D, and the unit is millimeter (mm).
2. Proportion of screw length to diameter: refers to the ratio of the length L of the working part of the screw (the length of the threaded part, i.e. the length from the center line of the feed opening to the end of the screw) and the screw diameter D, expressed by L/D.
3. Snail speed range: refers to the highest speed of the snail up to the lowest speed of the snail; n is used to represent the speed of the snail, and the unit is revolutions per minute (U/min).
4. The power of the main screw drive engine: expressed by P, the unit is kilowatt (kW).
5. Heating performance of the extruder cylinder: expressed by E is the unit kilowatt (kV).
6. The output capacity of the extruder: expressed by Q, the unit is kilogram per hour (kg/h).
7. The height of the extruder rim: refers to the distance from the center line of the screw to the ground, expressed by H, and the unit is millimeters (mm).
8. Extruder outer dimensions: refers to total length (x) total width (x) total height expressed by L x B x H, and the unit is millimeters or meters (m m or m)
9. Extruder quality: expressed in W, the unit is kilogram or tonne (kg or t).
We can see the huge role that single-screw extruders play in the production industry, and they have become indispensable components. And Nanjing JlEYA a Chinese pioneer in single-screw extruder production,has committed to providing the most suitable single-screw extruder at a reasonable price, and whatever it takes to satisfy the customer’s needs.
The main machine of the plastic extruder is the extruder, which is composed of an extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed description of the composition of the plastic extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling device
A homogeneous melt is plasticized bypassing the plastic through the extrusion system, which consists of a screw, barrel, hopper, head, and die.
The function of the drive system is to drive the screw, supplying the torque and speed required by the screw during the extrusion process, usually consisting of an electric motor, reducer, and bearings.
The manufacturing cost of the reducer is roughly proportional to its size and weight, provided that the structure is the same. Because the shape and weight of the reducer are large, it means that more materials are consumed in the manufacturing, and the bearings used are also larger, which increases the manufacturing cost.
For a similar screw diameter extruder, the high speed and high potency extruder consume additional energy than the traditional extruder, the motor power is doubled, and also the reducer seat range is raised consequently is critical，however a high screw speed means that an occasional reduction magnitude relation. For the same size reducer, the gear modulus of the low reduction ratio increases compared to the large reduction ratio, and the capacity of the reducer to bear the load also increases. Therefore, the rise in volume and weight of the reducer isn't linearly proportional to the rise in motor power. If the extrusion volume is employed because of the divisor and dividend by the burden of the reducer, the high speed and high potency extruder can have a smaller range and the normal extruder will have a larger number.
In terms of unit output, the small motor power and the small weight of the reducer of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder means that the manufacturing cost per unit output of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder is lower than that of the normal extruder.
Heating and cooling are necessary to enable the plastic extrusion process to proceed.
(1) Extruders usually use electric heating, which is divided into resistance heating and induction heating, with heating sheets installed in each part of the body, neck, and head. The heating device heats the plastic inside the barrel from the outside to warm it up to the temperature required for the process operation.
(2) The cooling device is installed to ensure that the plastic is in the temperature range required for the process. Specifically, it is to exclude the excess heat generated by the shear friction of the rotating screw to avoid the plastic from decomposing, scorching, or shaping difficulties due to the high temperature. Barrel cooling is divided into two kinds of water-cooled and air-cooled, generally small and medium-sized extrusion machine using air-cooled is more appropriate, large is more water-cooled or a combination of two forms of cooling; screw cooling is mainly used in the center of water-cooled, the purpose is to increase the rate of solid material delivery, stabilize the amount of rubber, while improving product quality; but the cooling at the hopper, one is to strengthen the role of solid material delivery, to prevent the plastic grain sticky blockage because of the heating the second is to ensure the normal work of the transmission part.
If you are engaged in the industry related to the extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products. Our company is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China.
Each type of product in the plastic extruder line has its operating characteristics, and a detailed understanding of its operating characteristics is necessary to give full play to the effectiveness of the machine. The following is a detailed description of the operating procedures and maintenance methods for plastic extruders.
Here is the content list:
The plastic extruder is one of the machine types, master the extruder operation points, the correct and reasonable use of a plastic extruder. The use of plastic screw extruder includes a series of links such as installation, adjustment, commissioning, operation, maintenance, and repair of the machine, and its use has the commonality of general machines, mainly in the drive motor and reduction and speed change device. However, the working system of the plastic screw extruder, the extrusion system, is unique, and special attention should be paid to its characteristics when using the plastic screw extruder. Extruder manuals generally have clear provisions for the installation, adjustment, and commissioning of the machine, here the main points of the operation, maintenance, and repair of the plastic screw extruder are briefly described as follows: in particular, to correctly grasp the structural characteristics of the screw, heating and cooling management instrumentation characteristics and assembly, the correct extrusion process conditions, the correct operation of the machine.
1.Pastic extruder equipment should be placed in a ventilated position to ensure that the heat of the motor work prolongs its life; the machine should be kept well grounded.
⒉Regularly check the tool screws, the plastic extruder after 1 hour of use, with tools to tighten the moving knife, fixed knife screws, to strengthen the fixed between the blade and the knife frame; should be regularly filled with lubricating oil to ensure the lubrication between the bearings; to ensure the sharpness of the cutting edge of the tool, should always check the tool to ensure its sharpness, to reduce unnecessary damage to other parts caused by the blunt lack of the blade; regularly check whether the belt is loose, and timely tightening.
3. Restart - Before starting the plastic extruder for the second time, the remaining debris in the machine chamber should be cleared to reduce the starting resistance. Periodically open the inertia cover and pulley cover to clear the ash outlet under the flange, which can cause the powder to enter the shaft bearing.
4. Replacement parts - When replacing knives, the clearance between the moving and fixed knives should be 0.8 MM for crushers over 20 HP and 0.5 MM for crushers under 20 HP. The thinner the recycled material is, the gap can be adjusted appropriately larger.
If you need to know more, you can consult our company. The company focused on co-rotating twin-screw compounding extruders with the core of the various R&D and manufacturing, such as a twin-screw extruder, mini twin screw extruder, plastic extruder, parallel twin-screw extruder, and so on, the application covers compounding mixing modified granulation, polymerization, devolatilization, step molding, renewable recycling, and other fields.
The screw can be said to be the heart of the injection molding machine. The quality of the screw determines the quality of the product. The plasticizing screw of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder has the functions of conveying, melting, mixing, compression, metering and exhausting. It plays an important role in the quality of plasticization and is a key factor affecting the quality of plasticization.
What is the difference between engineering plastic twin screw extruder and single screw extruder?
What are the characteristics of engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
What are the structural principles of engineering plastic twin screw extruder?
1. Price: single screw extruder has simple structure and low price; Engineering plastic twin screen expander is complex and expensive
2. Plasticizing capacity: single screw extruder is suitable for plasticizing and extruding polymers and granular materials. The shear degradation of polymer is small, but the residence time of material in extruder is long; The engineering plastic twin screw extruder has good mixing and plasticizing ability, and the residence time of materials in the extruder is short, which is suitable for powder processing.
3. In terms of processing capacity and energy consumption: the engineering plastic twin screw extruder has large output, fast extrusion speed and low energy consumption per unit output, while the single screw extruder is poor.
4. Operability: the single screw extruder is easy to operate and the process control is simple; The operation of engineering plastic twin screen expander is relatively complex and the process control requirements are high.
1. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into parallel and conical according to the relative position of the two axes;
2. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into meshing type and non-meshing type according to the two screw meshing procedures;
3. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into the same direction and the opposite direction according to the rotation direction of the two screws, and there are inward and outward points in the opposite direction;
4. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into high speed and low speed according to the screw rotation speed;
5. engineering plastic twin screw extruder is divided into whole and combination according to the structure of screw and barrel.
For the basic mechanism of the engineering plastic twin screw extruder process, in simple terms, a screw rotates in the barrel and pushes the plastic forward. The screw structure is an inclined surface or slope wound on the center layer, the purpose of which is to increase the pressure in order to overcome the greater resistance. As far as the engineering plastic twin screw extruder is concerned, there are three kinds of resistance that need to be overcome during work: one is friction, which includes the friction of solid particles (feeding) against the barrel wall and the first few revolutions of the screw (feeding zone). There are two kinds of mutual friction forces; the second is the adhesion of the melt on the cylinder wall; the third is the internal logistics resistance of the melt when it is pushed forward.
Nanjing JlEYA has focused on the development and production of engineering plastic twin screw extruders for several years. And it commits to provide perfect service for every customer from all over the world.