The single screw extruder is mainly used for extruding soft and hard polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, and other thermoplastic. It can be a variety of plastic products such as bubble sheets, extruded pipes, press plates, ribbons, etc. process and can also be used for melting granulation. The plastic extruder is characterized by advanced design, high quality, good plasticization, and low energy consumption. It uses an evolutionary drive and is characterized by low noise development, stable operation, great durability, and long service life.
What are the relevant parameters of a single screw extruder?
What are the properties of a single screw extruder?
For which materials can a single screw extruder be used?
The relevant parameters of the insertion extruder are arranged from left to right: the first field is the plastic machine code as S; the second box is the extruder code as J; the third field is the code for the different construction firms of the extruder. The three bars are combined, the plastic extruder is SJ; the ventilated plastic extruder is SJP; the plastic foam extruder is SJF; the extruder with plastic input is SJW; the plastic shoe extruder is SJE; The cascade plastic extruder is SJJ; the double-screw extruder is SJS; the conical double-screw extruder is SJSF; the multi-screw extruder is SJD. The fourth box is for auxiliary machinery with the code name F; in the case of an extruder unit with the code name E. The fifth parameter refers to the snail diameter and the ratio of length to snail diameter. The sixth field refers to the product's pattern sequences, which in the order of letters A, B, C... is arranged and the sample number is not given in the first sample.
(1) The material support of the inlet extruder is mainly based on friction, which limits the conveyance performance of the inlet extruder. The addition of powder, paste, fiberglass, and inorganic fillers is difficult.
(2) If the head pressure of the inlet extruder is high, the counter current increases, which reduces the productivity of the inlet extruder.
(3) Injected exhaust gas extruder material has a low surface regeneration effect in the suction zone, so the suction effect of the inlet extruder is poor.
(4) Injection extruder is used for certain processes, such as polymer dyeing, heat-resistant powder processing, etc. not suitable. The single screw extruder is a high-speed and high-yield extrusion based on a high level.
single screw extruder series, single screw extruders can be used for the processing of PP, PE, PS, ABS, PMMA, PVC, and other thermoplastic tubes, plates, plates, rods, profile materials, and plastic granulation products. For different raw materials and product specifications, the screw assumes different length-diameter ratios and compression ratios, and the flow assumes different structures. Choose the right cylinder, screw, and drive mechanism to meet the processing requirements of high-quality products.
The use of single screw extruders is becoming increasingly widespread. Nanjing JlEYA has been concentrating on single screw extruders for several years. They will make every effort to meet the needs of users.
The main machine of the plastic extruder is the extruder, which is composed of an extrusion system, transmission system, and heating and cooling system. The following is a detailed description of the composition of the plastic extruder.
Here is the content list:
Heating and cooling device
A homogeneous melt is plasticized bypassing the plastic through the extrusion system, which consists of a screw, barrel, hopper, head, and die.
The function of the drive system is to drive the screw, supplying the torque and speed required by the screw during the extrusion process, usually consisting of an electric motor, reducer, and bearings.
The manufacturing cost of the reducer is roughly proportional to its size and weight, provided that the structure is the same. Because the shape and weight of the reducer are large, it means that more materials are consumed in the manufacturing, and the bearings used are also larger, which increases the manufacturing cost.
For a similar screw diameter extruder, the high speed and high potency extruder consume additional energy than the traditional extruder, the motor power is doubled, and also the reducer seat range is raised consequently is critical，however a high screw speed means that an occasional reduction magnitude relation. For the same size reducer, the gear modulus of the low reduction ratio increases compared to the large reduction ratio, and the capacity of the reducer to bear the load also increases. Therefore, the rise in volume and weight of the reducer isn't linearly proportional to the rise in motor power. If the extrusion volume is employed because of the divisor and dividend by the burden of the reducer, the high speed and high potency extruder can have a smaller range and the normal extruder will have a larger number.
In terms of unit output, the small motor power and the small weight of the reducer of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder means that the manufacturing cost per unit output of the high speed and high-efficiency extruder is lower than that of the normal extruder.
Heating and cooling are necessary to enable the plastic extrusion process to proceed.
(1) Extruders usually use electric heating, which is divided into resistance heating and induction heating, with heating sheets installed in each part of the body, neck, and head. The heating device heats the plastic inside the barrel from the outside to warm it up to the temperature required for the process operation.
(2) The cooling device is installed to ensure that the plastic is in the temperature range required for the process. Specifically, it is to exclude the excess heat generated by the shear friction of the rotating screw to avoid the plastic from decomposing, scorching, or shaping difficulties due to the high temperature. Barrel cooling is divided into two kinds of water-cooled and air-cooled, generally small and medium-sized extrusion machine using air-cooled is more appropriate, large is more water-cooled or a combination of two forms of cooling; screw cooling is mainly used in the center of water-cooled, the purpose is to increase the rate of solid material delivery, stabilize the amount of rubber, while improving product quality; but the cooling at the hopper, one is to strengthen the role of solid material delivery, to prevent the plastic grain sticky blockage because of the heating the second is to ensure the normal work of the transmission part.
If you are engaged in the industry related to the extruder, you can consider our cost-effective products. Our company is a leading extruder manufacturer specializing in a twin-screw extruder, micro twin-screw extruder, plastic extruder, and parallel twin-screw extruder in China.
The underwater pelletizing machine is a smart machine with a touch screen, supports touch input, and is equipped with an Android system. The main engine of the underwater pelletizing machine is an extruder, which consists of an extrusion system, a transmission system and a heating and cooling system.
What are the possible failures of the underwater pelletizing machine and their solutions?
What are the advantages of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What are the applicable materials for the underwater pelletizing machine?
Cause analysis: underwater pelletizing machine cutter wears excessively or the cutter blade is damaged, the particle water flow is too low, the pelletizer vibration is too large, the cutter and the template are not tightly attached, the material melt index fluctuates, and the discharge flow rate is inconsistent. Excessive water temperature and other reasons can cause the shutdown of the underwater pelletizing system and cause the interlocking shutdown of the entire unit.
Solution: After stopping the underwater pelletizing machine, visually check whether the cutting edge of the cutting knife is excessively worn or damaged. If so, replace the cutting knife completely. Check and confirm whether the granular water leaks internally, whether the filter and cooler of the granular water tank are blocked. If they are blocked, they should be cleaned manually; check whether the inlet and outlet pressures of the granular water pump are normal. If not, check the valves on the granular water pump and the pump pipeline. Check whether the alignment between the cutter shaft and the underwater pelletizing machine is out of tolerance, whether the bearing assembly of the cutter shaft is damaged, and whether the cutter rotor is out of balance. During operation, check whether there is any gap in the contact between the four moving wheels of the pelletizing trolley and the guide rail. Control the volatile matter in the polypropylene powder and eliminate the vibration of the cutter and cutter shaft when it flows through the template hole. Reduce the temperature of the hot oil at the template of the underwater pelletizing machine, check the temperature distribution of the cylinder and the template, and whether the flow, pressure and temperature of the cooling water of the cylinder are normal; confirm the time setting for the "water, knife, material" to reach the template to prevent particles The water reaches the template prematurely and freezes the template hole. After closing the head of the underwater pelletizing machine, the feed volume should be quickly increased to the set load of the extruder.
The underwater pelletizing machine is a new model for pelletizing plastic materials that are elastic, easy to foam at low temperature, difficult to form, and have poor flow properties. The underwater pelletizing machine breaks through the traditional method of stranding pelletizing in the past. It overcomes the shortcomings of instability, uneven particles, easy agglomeration, and low output during the granulation of elastomer raw materials.
The underwater pelletizing machine is suitable for EVA, TPU and other materials with high viscosity and high viscosity of elastomers, and also suitable for conventional materials such as PP, PE, ABS, PA, and PC.
The widespread use of underwater pelletizing machines has continuously increased the demand for them in the market. Nanjing JlEYA, as a Chinese pioneer in underwater pelletizing machine, can ensure the machines’ quality and after-sales service.
Nanjing JIEYA hereby sincerely invited you to attend 2021 China (Hainan) Degradation Exhibition.
Our booth no.: B06
Time: June 23-25
Add: Hainan International Convention and Exhibition Center
We warmly welcome your coming and look forward to cooperate with you ;)
With the development of modern industry, the underwater pelletizing machine has become an important production equipment used in all aspects of production.
What is the working principle of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What is the operating procedure of the underwater pelletizing machine?
What are the reasons why people choose underwater pelletizing machine?
The material using the underwater pelletizing machine will pass through the feeding port, and under the action of the rotating screw, it will be rolled into a dough and roll forward along the screw groove. Due to the shear, compression and agitation of the screw, the material will be further mixed and plasticized. , The temperature and pressure gradually increase, showing a state of viscous flow, and passing through the machine head with a certain pressure and temperature, and finally a product of the desired shape is obtained.
(1) Check the rotation direction of the impeller of the underwater pelletizing machine. From the feed inlet, the impeller should turn counterclockwise, otherwise the motor connection should be adjusted.
(2) The starting sequence of the underwater pelletizing machine and the material conveying equipment is as follows:
Discharge belt conveyor→PL vertical impact crusher→feeding belt conveyor
The crusher must be started without load, and the material can only be fed after the crusher is running normally.
(3) The feed size is strictly in accordance with the feed size specified by the various models. It is forbidden to enter the underwater pelletizing machine with the size of the material larger than the specified size, otherwise it will cause the impeller imbalance and excessive wear of the impeller, and even block the impeller flow path and The central feed pipe prevents the crusher from working normally. When a large piece of material is found, it should be removed in time.
(4) When the discharge belt conveyor stops running, the feeding should be stopped immediately, so the discharge belt conveyor should be interlocked with the feeding system to open and stop. Otherwise, the impeller will be crushed and the motor will be burnt.
(5) The feeding of the underwater pelletizing machine should be uniform and continuous.
(6) During the operation of the underwater pelletizing machine, there must be no violent vibration or abnormal noise, otherwise, it should be stopped immediately for inspection, and the machine can only be driven in order after the fault is removed.
(7) The observation door should be sealed tightly during the working process of the underwater pelletizing machine.
The difference between the underwater pelletizing machine and other similar products is that it has a steady stream of water flowing through the mold surface, and it is in direct contact with the mold surface. The size of the pelletizing chamber is just enough to allow the pelletizing knife to rotate freely across the die surface without restricting the temperature of the water flow. The molten polymer has been extruded from the die, and the rotating knife cuts the pellets. And then the pellets are taken out of the pelletizing chamber by the temperature-regulated water and enter the centrifugal dryer. In the dryer of the underwater pelletizing machine, the water will be drained back to the storage tank, cooled and recycled; the pellets pass through the centrifugal dryer to remove the water.
This is how we see the irreplaceable role of underwater pelletizing machine in our daily lives and industrial production. Nanjing JlEYA, the pioneer of underwater pelletizing machine producing company in China, knows that every application is special. You can go and get more information about them
The high efficiency of the single-screw extruderis mainly reflected in high output, low energy consumption, and low manufacturing cost. In terms of function, the plastic extruder has been used not only for extrusion molding and mixing processing of polymer materials but its use has been broadened to food, feed, electrode, building materials, packaging, ceramics, and other fields. So how to operate the single screw extruder? The following is a detailed introduction.
Here is the content list:
Preparation work before starting the machine
1. For single-screw extruder extrusion production of materials, should meet the required drying requirements, if necessary, further drying.
2. According to the variety of products, size, select the head specifications, the machine will be installed in the order of the column, installed head flange, die body, mouth die, porous plate, and filter network.
3. Connect the compressed air pipe, install the core mold electric heating rod head heating ring, check the water system.
4. Adjust the gap evenly in all parts of the mouth die and check whether the centerline of the main machine and the auxiliary machine are aligned.
5. Start the single-screw extruder of each running equipment, check whether the operation is normal, and find faults in time to eliminate.
6. Turn on the electric heater, the head, body, and auxiliary machine evenly heated up, to be the temperature of each part than the normal production temperature of about 10 degrees, constant temperature of 30 ~ 60 minutes so that the machine temperature inside and outside the same.
Start-up is an important part of the production, poor control will damage the screw and head, the temperature is too high will cause plastic decomposition, the temperature is too low will damage the screw, barrel, and head. The start-up steps are as follows.
1. Start the machine at low speed, idle, check the screw for any abnormalities and motor, amperage meter current no overload phenomenon, the pressure gauge is normal. Machine idling should not be too long to prevent the screw and barrel-scraping grinding.
2. Gradually add a small amount of material, wait for the material extrusion out of the die, before the normal addition of material. Before the plastic is extruded, no one should be in front of the mouth die to prevent casualties.
3. After the plastic is extruded, it is necessary to lead the extruded material slowly on the cooling and shaping, traction equipment, and start this equipment beforehand. Then, according to the control instrument indication value and the requirements of the extruded products, each link will be properly adjusted until the extrusion operation reaches the normal state.
4. Cutting and sampling, checking whether the appearance meets the requirements, whether the size meets the standard, quickly testing the performance, and then adjusting the extrusion process according to the requirements of quality, so that the products meet the standard requirements.
1. Stop feeding, extrude the plastic in the single screw extruder and turn off the power of the barrel and head for the next operation.
2. Shut off the power of the main machine and the auxiliary machines at the same time.
3. Open the head connection flange, clean the porous plate and various parts of the head, when cleaning, should use copper rods, copper pieces, after cleaning, apply a little oil. Screw, barrel clean up, if necessary, the screw from the end of the machine out of the top, clean up after recovery, in general, available for the transition of material cleanup.
4. Extrusion of polyolefin plastics, usually in the extruder full load shutdown (with material shutdown), when the air should be prevented from entering the barrel, so as not to oxidize the material and affect the quality of the product when continuing production. For polyvinyl chloride plastics, can also stop with material, then close the material door, reduce the temperature at the head connection body (flange) 10 ~ 20 degrees, to stop the machine after the material squeeze net.
5. Close the total power and cooling water main valve.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/
The basic mechanism of the twin screw extrusion process is simply that a screw rotates in the barrel and pushes the plastic forward. The screw structure is a bevel or ramp wrapped around a central layer, the purpose of which is to increase the pressure to overcome the higher resistance. What do I need to pay attention to when using a twin screw extruder? The following is a detailed description.
Here is the content list:
l Structural principles
l Temperature principles
l Speed reduction principle
For the extruder, there are three kinds of resistance to overcome when working: one is friction, which contains the friction of the solid particles (feed) on the barrel wall and the mutual friction between them during the first few turns of the screw (feed area); the second is the adhesion of the melt on the barrel wall, and the third is the resistance of the internal logistics of the melt when it is pushed forward.
According to Newton's theorem, if an object is at rest in a certain direction, then the object is in a state of equilibrium balance of forces in this direction. For the circumferential movement of the screw, it is no axial motion, that is, the axial force on the screw is in equilibrium. So if the screw exerts a large forward thrust on the plastic melt, it also exerts a backward thrust on another object of the same magnitude but in the same direction. The thrust is exerted on the thrust bearing behind the feed opening. Most single screws have right hand threads, and if viewed from the back, they rotate backward, and they spin backward out of the barrel by rotational motion. In some twin screw extruders, however, the two screws rotate backward and cross each other in both barrels, so one must be right handed and one left handed, and in the case of an occluding twin screw, both screws rotate in the same direction and must therefore have the same orientation. However, in either case, there are thrust bearings that withstand backward forces and still comply with Newton's theorem.
Plastics extruded by twin screw extruders are thermoplastics, which melt when heated and solidify again when cooled. Thus, heat is needed during the extrusion process to ensure that the plastic can reach the melting temperature. So where does the heat to melt the plastic come from? First of all, the pound feed preheat and barrel/die heaters may play a role and are very important at startup. In addition, the motor feed energy, the frictional heat generated in the barrel as the motor overcomes the resistance of the viscous melt and turns the screw, is the most important heat source for all plastics, except for small systems, low speed screws, high melt temperature plastics, and extrusion coating applications. In operation, it is important to recognize that the barrel heater is not the primary heat source and that it may play a smaller role in extrusion than we might expect. The post barrel temperature is more important because it affects the rate of solids transport in the dentition or feed. In general, except for a specific purpose (such as varnishing, fluid distribution, or pressure control), the die head and die temperature should be at or near the temperature required for the melt.
In most twin screw extruders, the screw speed is varied by adjusting the motor speed. The drive motor usually turns at a full speed of about 1750 rpm, which is too fast for an extruder screw. If it turns at such a fast speed, too much frictional heat is generated and a uniform, the well mixed melt cannot be prepared because the retention time of the plastic is too short. A typical speed reduction ratio should be between 10:1 and 20:1, with either a gear or pulley set for the first stage, but with a gear and a screw positioned in the center of the last large gear for the second stage. For some slow running machines (eg. twin screws for UPVC), there may be three reduction stages and the maximum speed may be as low as 30 rpm or less (ratio up to 60:1). On the other hand, some very long twin screws for mixing can run at 600 rpm or faster, thus requiring a very low reduction rate and more deep cooling. If the reduction rate is incorrectly matched to the job, too much energy will be wasted. It may be necessary to add a pulley set between the motor and the first deceleration stage where the maximum speed is changed, which either increases the screw speed even beyond the previous limit or reduces the maximum speed. This increases the available energy, reduces the current value, and avoids motor failure, in both cases, the output may increase due to the material and its cooling needs.
If you still have questions, you can consult our company. Nanjing JlEYA is the leading professional manufacturer of twin screw extruders in China.
PVC compounding extruder is made by mixing PVC resin with stabilizers, lubricants, and other additives through granulation and then extrusion, or by using powder in one extrusion. what are the application areas of PVC? The following are the details.
Here is the content list:
General soft products
PVC foam products
PVC coated products
PVC paste resin
PVC transparent sheet
PVC rigid sheet
Other applications of PVC
General soft products can be extruded into cables, wires, and hoses by the extruder: shoe soles, slippers, various plastic sandals, as well as toys and auto parts by the injection molding machine with various molds.
PVC film After mixing and plasticizing PVC with additives, transparent or colored film of specified thickness can be made by using a three-roller or four-roller calendar, and calendered film can be processed by this method. It can also be cut and heat laminated to process raincoats, tablecloths, curtains, packaging bags, inflatable toys, etc. The wide transparent film can be used for greenhouse, plastic shed, and ground film; the film stretched in both directions can be used for shrink packaging due to its characteristics of shrinkage by heat.
Soft PVC can be used as sandals, insoles, foam slippers, and shockproof and cushioning packaging materials. In addition, it can also be extruded into low-foaming hard PVC sheets and profiles by extruder, which is a new type of building material and can be used as a substitute for wood.
Artificial leather with backing is made by coating PVC paste on cloth or paper and then plasticizing it at 100 degrees Celsius or above (or PVC and additives can be calendered into film and then pressed together with backing); while artificial leather without backing is directly calendered by calender into soft sheet with a certain thickness and then pressed with the pattern. It can be used to make leather bags, leather boxes, book covers, sofas, and car cushions, etc. It can also be made into flooring leather, which is used as the flooring material for buildings.
PVC emulsion or micro-suspension resin is dispersed in a liquid plasticizer to make it swell and plasticize into the plasticized sol, and then add stabilizer, filler, coloring agent, etc. After full stirring for de-bubbling, PVC paste is prepared, and then processed into various products such as coat hangers, tool handles, Christmas trees, etc. by casting, impregnating, or laminating processes.
Impact modifier and organotin stabilizer are added to PVC, which is mixed, plasticized, and calendered into transparent sheets. Then it can be made into thin-walled transparent containers by thermoforming and can be used for vacuum blister packaging such as moon cake boxes, etc. It is an excellent packaging material and decoration material.
PVC hard sheet and plate After adding stabilizer, lubricant, and filler to PVC and mixing, it can be extruded into various caliber hard pipes, shaped pipes, corrugated pipes, and other products by using an extruder, and used as a downpipe, drinking water pipe, electric wire casing or staircase handrail, etc.; the calendered sheet can be overlapped and hot-pressed to make various thicknesses of hard sheets, which can be cut into various desired shapes and can be welded into various chemical resistant tanks, ducts and containers by using PVC welding rod with hot air, etc.
PVC can be processed into rigid profiles using an extruder and used for window and door assembly. In some countries, the doors and windows assembled by PVC rigid profile have occupied the market of windows and doors together with wooden windows and doors, aluminum windows, etc.
If you want to buy PVC compounding extruder, you can consult our company, our company's website is https://www.njjyextrusion.com/